PDA

View Full Version : Fess up. Who sent me.....

Uabassoon
01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Snow! That's right, it's snowing here in Tucson! At first I just thought it was drizzling then Alexa told me it was snow so I went to go stand in it and sure enough I was covered in white stuff!

Uabassoon
01-21-2007, 08:15 PM
It's not much, but it's the first time I've ever actually seen snow fall. I've seen snow before when I've gone up to the mountains, but I've never seen it fall!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/January040.jpg

Almita
01-21-2007, 08:19 PM
your lucky! Tuscon sent it up north to Mesa! Hasn't hailed/snowed or whatever for a LOOONG time.

Karen
01-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Isn't it great? Isn't it fun? Isn't it like a little bit of magic? Uh oh, Paul just crossed Arizona off the list!

Toby's my baby
01-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Wow it wasn't me, but that is crazy that it is snowing there!! We are moving down to Arizona soon, my dad is not going to be happy to find out that you can see snow in Tuscon. He said he never wants to see snow again, unless he has to drive to see it. :p

Uabassoon
01-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Your dad doesn't have to worry too much, it hasn't snowed here since 1999. Usually every year we drive up to Mt. Lemmon to go play in the snow, it's about a 30 minute drive. This is the first time I haven't had to drive to go see snow!

chocolatepuppy
01-21-2007, 09:10 PM
It wasn't me, I'm keeping what little snow I've got. ;)

ramanth
01-21-2007, 10:11 PM
What is with this weather!? How cool for you! :D

Reachoutrescue
01-21-2007, 10:27 PM
My parents live in Gold Canyon...I am going to have to call them and see if they got snow. How cool is that!

Marigold2
01-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Oh I think the snow is magic as Karen said. I wish I could take credit for sending it, but can't. Snow is truly beautiful. I remember one time many years ago. My daughter Alicia was about 7. I woke up in the middle of the night, had to go to the bathroom and I looked outside and it was so pretty. There was a bright moon and big white fluffy snowflakes were falling on the ground, the ground was already covered with 12 inches or so inches of snow. The house was completely dark and very very still.... The snow kept falling and falling. I went downstaires and kneeled on the sofa with my back to the room, looking out of the living room window at the most wonderful sight. The snow fell like cotton, soft, soft, soft. The world was still but for the falling snowflakes. My daughter woke up and joined me. There we were at 3am looking out the window, it was as if we were alone in the world, just us two and these big white fluffy perfect flakes. It is one of my most precious memories.

jackmilliesmom
01-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Ok so who sent it over here I have had two skids this morning and three near misses on teh way into work take it back you guys we have had enough bad weather we do not need this.

So anyone any suggestions on how to get the boss to send us home? its freezing and some of us live up in the hills and coming down was bad but going up I may have to try and walk it.

Killearn Kitties
01-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Oh oh oh, you can look out that rain jacket you bought for London. :D

borzoimom
01-22-2007, 08:37 AM
......So anyone any suggestions on how to get the boss to send us home? its freezing and some of us live up in the hills and coming down was bad but going up I may have to try and walk it.
DON'T YOU DARE WALK IT HONEY- OR I AM coming to get you.... ;) - Or I will tell John of your uh threat to walk it... uh huh..( that will fix that REAL QUICK!!!) ;)

Uabassoon
01-22-2007, 02:53 PM
The schools here actually had a "snow day"! The snow stopped late last night, however our city was not prepared for the icy roads and felt it was unsafe for schoolbusses. Can you imagine, 2 inches of snow and school is called off!

Kfamr
01-22-2007, 02:55 PM
I'd imagine it'd be like that here, too! I was going to say please send some my way, but if that's the case you can keep the snow and keep the brats in school. :p

GreyhoundGirl
01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
:eek: I've got over a meter of snow and no snow day in over a year!!!!! DISGRACE!!!

Psssst!!! that would be moi. muh ha ha ha ha! I shall freeze your sunburned tail!!!! :p

Anita Cholaine
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, it wasn't me, we're having a really sunny and warm summer here in Buenos Aires. I wonder if we'll ever see some snow here, but I highly doubt it, our winters are getting warmer and warmer every year.

Michelle, you know you can always send some of that snow to my house. I'll keep it in the freezer until winter comes :p

GreyhoundGirl
01-22-2007, 03:40 PM
What would be the fun in that?! I'll send you some now and you can use it now. I doubt you'd even be able to wait untill winter comes to open it. :p

Anita Cholaine
01-22-2007, 05:38 PM
It's been so hot today that it would probably last less than a second without melting. Now that would be a sad thing to happen :p I prefer to keep it for winter, so that I could prentend that I'm in Cadada.