PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get blamed for EVERYTHING?? *rant*

Alysser
01-21-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm so sick of getting blamed for everything in my house. It's ALWAYS my fault. Literally EVERYTHING! :mad: I've had enough..

This started in September, but I've gotten to the point where I can't take it anymore. Many of these incidents have happened between September and January 1st but I can't state them all because there are so many and it make my blood boil.

This happened a week ago, I came home from my friends house at around 6 o'clock. I walk into the door and give Sassy a treat. I go upstairs to get something and the next minute I hear screaming downstairs. Sassy peed on the floor. OK, I can understand my mom being mad. But I get blamed for it. I come running down the steps and she says "Alyssa, clean up this mess NOW!" I asked her why I had to. It's a rule in our house, If someone causes Sas to pee by picking her up or something they must clean it. She looks at me and blames me. "Because you caused it!" I WAS UPSTAIRS WHEN IT HAPPENED! :mad: :mad: How was that MY fault if I wasn't even there???

Today, I spent about an hour and a half doing a report. I just got a computer in my room so my Dad needed to hook up a wireless printer thing so I can print from this computer to the printer in his office. He installed this yesterday, While I Was at a PARTY. I slept over the girls house too. So I come home, finish the report, and try to print it. It doesn't work. My dad BLAMES ME, of course. He was the one who installed the stupid thing! I wasn't even home the day he installed it. I didn't touch the wireless printer thing or anything. I don't understand how this could be my fault.

There have been many stupid incidents like this over the past couple of months and frankly, I'm growing tired of it. It's really not fair for me to be treated this way when I wasn't even involved. :rolleyes:
Sorry, I just really had to rant. Thanks for listening.

Kalei
01-21-2007, 07:17 PM
lol no problem about listening to ya. Believe me I know how you feel. There has been many many times when I felt the exact same way with my parents, adn it gets to the point where you just wanna run away and move out.

But hang in there, try telling them how you feel and if that doesn't work then what I always did was just stay in my room and never come out lol:p I don't think it fixed anything, but at least I wasn't with them.

I"m really sorry to hear you are going through this, it really sucks. I hope things start getting better for you soon.

I will pray that it will get better for you:)

Daisy and Delilah
01-21-2007, 07:32 PM
This must be really hard for you Alyssa. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Maybe your parents have alot on their minds and you're the closest person they can blame for things. I can almost remember back to when I was younger. It seemed to be like that for me too. Try not to take it personally though. Just keep telling yourself that they're having a bad day and things will be better soon. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Maybe some extra kisses for Sassy will make you feel better :)

CathyBogart
01-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Oooh, stuff like that makes me so mad. My dad's computer is always messed up, and he always claims it's one of the kids' faults. When he gets mad at the computer, he starts DELETING SYSTEM FILES. >.<

My dad has always been really bad about stuff like that too. All I can say is...I didn't spend a lot of time there in the year leading up to moving out.

shais_mom
01-22-2007, 12:08 AM
{hugs}

luvofallhorses
01-22-2007, 12:24 AM
I know exactly how you feel, Alyssa. (((hugs))) If you ever need to talk, don't hesitate to PM me. :) I hope things look up for you soon. :)

Alysser
01-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks everyone.

I talked to my mom today, she said she won't try and blame things on me unless it really is my fault, and she will talk to my dad too. Thank god this crap is over.. :rolleyes:

critter crazy
01-22-2007, 02:37 PM
well it seems like you have already done, what i was going to suggest! Talking is always the way to deal with these issues! Good job!

xcolbi
01-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Oh my gosh, I FEEL FOR YA! The exact same thing happens to me ALL the time. It's so annoying! I hope things get better for you soon! :)

Vela
01-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks everyone.

I talked to my mom today, she said she won't try and blame things on me unless it really is my fault, and she will talk to my dad too. Thank god this crap is over.. :rolleyes:

Speaking as a parent, sometimes the stresses of life we have to deal with are overwhelming and we do sometimes take it out on the kids without meaning to just because we feel so stressed over big things that kids just really don't know about, and they shouldn't need to, they are kids. I know your mom loves you and I'm glad you talked to her, to let her know how you feel rather than holding it in and continuing to feel resentful. I'm glad they are going to try harder not to do that to you.

Daisy and Delilah
01-22-2007, 08:22 PM
I agree completely with Vela. I'm so glad you talked it out with your Mom, Alyssa. That's the best way. I always tried to keep open communication going with my kids. It sounds like you and your Mom have a good relationship. It matters alot. {{{{{MORE HUGS}}}}}

dab_20
01-22-2007, 10:23 PM
I know what you mean, I'm the youngest of my siblings and so have always been blamed if something is broken or went missing. Talking to your parents was a good idea and hopefully they won't blame you unless they've got a good reason.

kimlovescats
01-22-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm so glad you talked to your mom! That was the best thing to do! Sometimes we parents need "lectures" too! ;) (((HUGS)))

caseysmom
01-22-2007, 10:35 PM
You seem like you are pretty responsible for your age, too bad they don't appreciate that. I think talking to your mom was a step in the right direction.