PDA

View Full Version : Misty and Electra's Fun match RESULTS!

cali
01-21-2007, 03:51 PM
ok morning was the conformation fun match with I did with Electra, she did great considering she has only done this outside of my house twice before and her Handler(me..) has never even been to a dog show AND we were the first team up in the entire match lol she was the only Toller so she got first, winners bitch, best puppy in breed and best in breed and in group she got a group 4(out of 4 breeds lol) but every other dog and handler there was experienced, I was the one and only novice, with the one and only novice puppy lol

now for Misty..I was soooo proud of her!!!! I did pre-novive Obedience with her, now while we didnt Q, or even come close to Q'ing lol I was very proud of her because she completed her heel on lead exersize FLAWLESSLY, I mean people actually gasped in amazment and cheered after her heel on lead exersize! why is this so amazing? well Misty has always had a perfect flawless heel at home..but in her 4 years of life she has NEVER, not once heel'd outside of my property, its a joyess occasion when she doesnt yank my arm off lol. she did not come close to Q'ing entirly because of her stays..or lack thereof lol, I was suprised about that, normally I can leave her in a stay half a feild away, but she apperntly forgot the command existed :rolleyes: but I was just so thrilled about her Heel exersize I didnt care lol

I dont have any pics of Misty, sorry, my mom was supposed to take pics and she completly forgot :( but here is Lecky posing with her ribbons

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/HappyFM/Electra/ribbons.jpg

cali
01-21-2007, 04:52 PM
:(

critter crazy
01-21-2007, 04:55 PM
That is awsome, Good fro the doggies!! and good for you, no way i could have done it without peeing my pants!!:D

applesmom
01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Congratulations. Sounds like the two of you had a great time!

Fun matches are an excellent way to begin and are a great help in working out the butterflies for both of you. ;)

In case you aren't already aware of it, gentle corrections are allowed in the ring at fun matches; you could have put her back in place when she moved on the stay.

Even though they're called fun matches they can also be a valuable training tool. They also help to keep your dog from becoming ring wise.

Ring wise, meaning they'll do it perfect in practice, but once they get into the real competition ring they quickly learn that you can't or won't correct them during the exercises.

Keep up the good work, it gets better and better! :)

tikeyas_mom
01-21-2007, 05:23 PM
:(

You should be happy, congrats

ComedyDevil
01-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Wow, congratulations! :)

Electra looks so pretty with her ribbons!

kimlovescats
01-21-2007, 05:55 PM
I don't know anything about these types of competitions, but I'm glad you had fun and were pleased with your results! :)

cali
01-21-2007, 07:43 PM
I know, I did put her back when she broke her stays, she just continued breaking them lol and during the group sit when I went to put her back the judge told me to leave her. :)

.sarah
01-24-2007, 12:11 PM
That is really great! Congrats :)

elizabethann
01-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Wow. Look at all those ribbons!

Fenway says: "I'm jealous". :D