PDA

View Full Version : Such a sad face....2pics

Glacier
01-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Mac has perfected the art of the "sad face."
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/06/sadmac.jpg
"but, what about me? Don't I get to come too."
I was getting the sled ready to go on the other side of this fence.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/06/8dogjan19.jpg
As you can see, Mac did get to come along for the run after all. He's in swing beside Pacer. (Team was Paxil-Pingo, Mac-Pacer, Franklin-Antare, Anvik-Chase.)

chocolatepuppy
01-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Poor little Mac. The sad face worked, you got to go. ;)

kimlovescats
01-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Awwww, how pitiful! I'm glad it worked for ya, Mac! ;)

Daisy and Delilah
01-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Awwwww!!! That face will get Mom every time won't it Mac? You're such a handsome boy. A face that could melt the world ;)
That second picture is so awesome I'm speechless!! How cool is that? It doesn't look like anywhere I'll get to see in my life:)

critter crazy
01-20-2007, 09:23 PM
ha ha ha ha haha!! great face mac!!! It sure worked for ya!!!:D

CagneyDog
01-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh my gosh! That second picture is amazing.

Just curious, does the dog sled ever tip over? :p

Glacier
01-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Just curious, does the dog sled ever tip over? :p

Absolutely, usually when going around a corner too fast. Usually results in being dragged a long way or a lost team! I also tip it intentionally when I have to get off for more than a few seconds. It's a little harder to pop the snow hook and run off when the sled is on it's side.

finn's mom
01-20-2007, 09:47 PM
I wanna be there! :) Gorgeous view, and beautiful dogs!

pnance
01-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Ahhh...such a sad face....he definately knows how to get what he wants!! ;)

Ginger's Mom
01-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Ooh, melt. I admit that I expected to see something cute when I opened this thread, but that is just too sweet. That is a great "pleeease" face. I agree, that second picture is just gorgeous.

cyber-sibes
01-21-2007, 07:50 AM
Oh, what a sad sad puppy! Mac's got you pegged, Tamara. He knows a softie when he sees one. But how could anyone say no to that face? It looks so beautiful up there, so sunny. Skritches to all your pack.

lute
01-21-2007, 09:49 AM
oh my. that is one SAD face! It works every time! charlie has this face down just as well. :rolleyes:

Glacier
01-21-2007, 02:56 PM
It looks so beautiful up there, so sunny.

The light is coming back again! Tomorrow we will break seven hours of daylight! Woohoooo!!

cmayer31
01-21-2007, 03:44 PM
I love Mac's sad face. I'm glad that he got to along!

I know that the first dog(s) are lead dogs, then second row is swing, and last row is wheel. What are the dogs in between swing and wheel called?

Even though we didn't lose nearly as much daytime as you did up there, I'm very glad that the days are getting longer and I actually get home when the sky is bright. Leaving for work in the dark and getting home in the dark is just no fun.

Queen of Poop
01-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Awwwwww, what a sad face.

So glad it worked for you Mac. I'd have given you anything you wanted to sweetie.

Looks like the run was awesome.

Glacier
01-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I know that the first dog(s) are lead dogs, then second row is swing, and last row is wheel. What are the dogs in between swing and wheel called?

Leaving for work in the dark and getting home in the dark is just no fun.

They are called team dogs. There can be any number of pairs of team dogs. Swing is actually a Northern term. For some reason, mushers in the Lower 48 call that pair "point dogs".

I'll still be leaving for and getting home from work in the dark for awhile. I work 8am to 6pm. Sunrise is about 9:45 and sunset is about 4:45 right now. We gain about five minutes of light a day.

Cinder & Smoke
01-22-2007, 12:53 AM
What are the dogs in between swing and wheel called?

Glacier & the Gang must be out on a Moon-light run! ;)

-OR- :o Ole Phred forgot to "refresh" the page and notce that Glacier already answered this!
OMG! ... Sorry!

Here's a site that answers some Sled-Dawg Questions >>>
http://pubpages.unh.edu/~mew6/project/terms+positions.htm

Answer to the Position Question:
Between Swing row and Wheel row - are rows of "Team Dogs".

;)

cloverfdx
01-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Hi there handsome Mac :D. The scenery is just gorgeous Tamara, thanks for sharing your little peice of heaven with us ;).

pitc9
01-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Good for you Mac!
Use those Puppy Dog eyes to get what you want! Good Boy!! ;)

borzoimom
01-22-2007, 07:56 AM
AWWWWWWWWW POOR MAC!!! Well- Mac if mom wont take you, I will come get you for run.. lol... lol.. ( yes- that was a joke mom.. )
Hotties 'sad face' includes that look, and puffing his cheeks like a full blown POUT! ;)

ramanth
01-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Oh Mac, I would give you anything if you gave me that look in person.

Glad you got to run with the team! :D