PDA

View Full Version : Good news for my rescue kitties! *picture*

luckies4me
01-20-2007, 08:19 PM
As some of you know I have been having major health problems as of late (though they are finally starting to slowly improve :D) and I had to place almost all of my animals due to my docs recommendation.

My rats went to my adopted moms, Whiskey was rehomed into a wonderful home and now has a baby brother to play with and lots of land to run around on, and I kept my small pets. I was going to keep 3 of my rescue cats but get this...I placed an ad online on Craigslist and ALL got adopted!!! :D It's very odd because for so long, I mean I had Tony for going on two years, no one was interested. I must have done something different this time because they went fast! The remainder of the boys were altered (meow meow, Bobby and Captain Jack) and given their shots before being placed. Savannah was adopted out to a friends parents friends, Captain was snatched by a lady who pretty much drooled over him, and Bobby was adopted by a lady at the Humane Society who was pretty smitten with him. I can't tell you how relieved I am to have saved these cats and found them all loving homes, even though it did take awhile for someone to adopt Tony. I am so happy someone finally took him. I just don't understand why others would get adopted and he would still stay. He was annoying yes (he meowed a lot) but god was he the sweetest, cutest, and most fun out of all to play with.

Hopefully one day I will rescue again, but for now with the baby on the way and my health not so great it will have to wait. :)

Anywho, I am down to my three orginal kitties I've had forever. Houdini, Cheetah and Ewok. I guess 3 cats are better than one, though I miss them all so terribly. :(

It's snowed here recently and I took some photos of Ewok and I in the snow. Ewok loves the snow, if some of you can remember a few years back when I posted photos of him with snowflakes in his hair. :D Anywho, he has made everything so much easier on me. Whenever I am feeling down I just pick him up and give him a little cuddle.

So when life's got you down, cuddle with a cat. It works for me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/luckies4mee/Catcuddles.jpg

rg_girlca
01-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Gosh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were going through major health problems and had to give up all your animals. I don't go into General very often.

I'm happy to hear that your health is slowing improving and also that you were able to find such good homes for your animals. That alone must make you feel better.

That picture of you and Ewok though, is just too darn precious. He is such a beautiful cat and the way he is giving you headbumpies is *PRICELESS.*

I'm glad that he is able to bring comfort to you.

Take care and know that you will be in my prayers and thoughts.

jennielynn1970
01-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Awe.. I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. I can totally back the cuddle a cat to feel better. I don't know what I would do without my guys. They are there for me when I need them, and I'm here for them. I love them unconditionally, pee-ers and poopers included. Sometimes they are better than a shoulder of a human to cry on, because they just listen and you can tell in their eyes they know exactly how you feel...

Hope things get better. Take care.
Hugs to you and your kitties and other pets that you kept. :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Cass, I'm sorry to hear that you had to rehome so many of your cats:( but I'm glad to hear that they all went to loving homes.:) I've always loved Ewok and yes I remember the pictures of him in the snow. I even saved a few of them because he sure does remind me of my Storm except fluffier.:) You and Ewok look so cute together. I hope that you'll remain in good health and feel better soon.

I'll attach one of the Ewok pictures that I saved.:)

smokey the elder
01-21-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm sorry you had to rehome a bunch of your animals, but you did a great job, making sure they had good homes. My group will have to explore Craigslist; maybe you reached a different segment than the usual lot that checks out the pet section in the local newspaper.

kimlovescats
01-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm glad you were able to find good homes for your kitties. I hope your health improves and things go well for you and your new baby!

catmandu
01-21-2007, 07:29 PM
As I Am Getting Older , I Have Health Issues Myself.
We Are Praying For You, That You Will Be Well Soon, And That The
Baby Will Arrive Safe And Sound.