PDA

View Full Version : My Anniversary Gift From My Hubby!

kimlovescats
01-20-2007, 02:38 PM
It is pretty sad that I have to begin my post this way ... but for anyone who wishes to pass judgment on my recent addition, I will not address your comments and if they cloud my joy, I will delete this thread!!!!!

Now with that said ... for those of you who can be happy for me ... my hubby got me a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy for our 15th Anniversary!!!

Please meet 10 wk old. Dottie!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Dottie/IMG_4156.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Dottie/CuteProfile10wks.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Dottie/IMG_4067.jpg

She is an EXCELLENT puppy .... she never cries or screams or anything! We have had her a week and she went right into her Xpen in our kitchen with no problems. Never a peep out of her during the night or any other time for that matter. Last night was the first night that I decided to try crating her during the night. She was beside my bed and NEVER made a peep from the time I put her in it until this morning at 8am when I just heard her pawing at the gate! :eek: She is a precious little bundle of joy for me ... something I truly needed right now with all the sorrow I have had to deal with lately.

Kim

M&M's Mommy
01-20-2007, 02:42 PM
She is so adorable. I love her colors, especially the brown markings around her eyes!

Jadapit
01-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Oh Kim, she is so precious! She has such a sweet face. I'm so happy for you. :D

Karen
01-20-2007, 02:49 PM
What a beauty! Hope she is a healthy happy pup all her days! :)

borzoimom
01-20-2007, 02:51 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HONEY!!! MY mother had Cavaliers for over 50 years! They are the MOST CHARMING OF DOGS TO SAY THE LEAST!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! I want more pics- more more more!!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
01-20-2007, 02:52 PM
My parents have had two King Charles and loved them dearly. Wonderful dogs....

wishing you much happiness with adorable Dottie!

Freedom
01-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Hello, Dottie, and WELCOME to PT! You are ADORABLE and SO lucky to be with Momma Kim. She will love you to pieces, just you wait and see. What a sweet face!

kimlovescats
01-20-2007, 03:07 PM
THANK YOU dear friends for the sweet comments! Dottie has really been a spark of happiness for me! She is just so precious and I've enjoyed her so much already!!! I have pictures to post of her with Kenny and also Gretta. Kenny is funny, he acts a bit scared of her! :eek: Gretta LOVES having a playmate again, since poor AnnaBelle can no longer romp with her like she used to. I'm trying extra hard to show AnnaBelle that she is still my little baby too! I really feel good about this new baby! :)

Ginger's Mom
01-20-2007, 03:09 PM
EEEEEEEEE :D ! I love Cavys. They are sooo cute. They never lose that precious puppy face. Aw, welcome to Pet Talk, Dottie, I sure do hope I see lots and lots of pictures of you.

critter crazy
01-20-2007, 03:14 PM
OMG!! She is adorable!! Looks just like My MIL's Cavalier, Charlie!!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Family/100_3574.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Family/100_3550.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Family/100_3545.jpg

trayi52
01-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh, Kim, what a wonderful anniversary present! That is the kind that keeps giving, the most wonderful kind of all!

She is absolutely adorable, what sweet eyes she has!

Congratulations, on your new addition!!

Willie :)

kimlovescats
01-20-2007, 03:26 PM
OMG!! She is adorable!! Looks just like My MIL's Cavalier, Charlie!!

[

Charlie is adorable! They are what is call the Tri color! :)

CatLuvrs
01-20-2007, 04:03 PM
O Kim she is gorgeous! I just love her! Welcome Dottie!

rg_girlca
01-20-2007, 04:06 PM
OMG!!! Dottie is beyond precious. What a pretty, pretty girl she is Kim.
Congratulations on your new addition and also on your 15th Anniversary. :)

Husky15
01-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Ohhh! Dottie is so precious! So cute and wonderful markings! Congrats! :D

Logan
01-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Kim, it is pretty sad when you have to worry about sharing something that has truly made you happy. But, so far, so good!!! :) Dottie is adorable and I think it is terrific that your hubby surprised you with such a darling girl!!!! I can't wait to see her iwth Kenny. I bet they are adorable together, Gretta too!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Kim, she's so adorable. :) What a wonderful anniversary gift and I'm glad that she's helping you with your daily stress.:) Congrats on your new addition and on your 15th anniversary!!!:D

pessimisaurus
01-20-2007, 04:35 PM
omg shes is ADORABLE!!! I *love* cavliers, they are the sweetest, cutest, funniest little dogs! I worked with a red one named Rocko during my dog trainer training who really stole my heart! I taught him how to raise his left paw and dance among other things, he was too fun!! Enjoy and congrats!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-20-2007, 04:36 PM
She's adorable, Kim! What a precious girl. Cavaliers are such sweet dogs, I've loved every one I've ever met. :)

CathyBogart
01-20-2007, 04:38 PM
What a doll! I found and brought back to her owners a little tri cavalier a few weeks ago and she was absolutely precious, just like your Dottie. :)

jenluckenbach
01-20-2007, 04:45 PM
OH.....MY.....GOD ! !
She is too cute for words. :eek: (can I have her) ;)

heidiv
01-20-2007, 04:48 PM
EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK! :eek: OMG that is the cutest little puppy that I have ever seen!!!!! Congradulations she is wonderful.......What a nice hubby you have ;)

Pam
01-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh, Kim, what a wonderful anniversary present! That is the kind that keeps giving,

Willie, you have got that right!! ;) Kim your hubby is awesome. Whatta guy! :) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cavaliers. What an adorable little girl and I love her name! I know that she will fit right into the pack with your other pupsters and will probably be very easy to train as she watches the others. I wish you much joy and happiness and also a very Happy Anniversary!

RedHedd
01-20-2007, 05:10 PM
What a wonderful anniversary gift! Cavaliers are such wonderful dogs and she sure is a beauty! Congratulations!

Daisy and Delilah
01-20-2007, 05:21 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!.......all around!! On the anniversary and on getting adorable little Dottie :) She's a sweetheart. Kisses to her from us please!! :D

cyber-sibes
01-20-2007, 05:28 PM
She's adorable! I think giving you joy and unconditional love in such a cute little bundle is a very thoughtful gift! Happy Anniversary!

chocolatepuppy
01-20-2007, 05:48 PM
What an adorable puppy Dottie is! Happy Anniversary! :D

borzoimom
01-20-2007, 06:00 PM
I am sorry to post twice- but I am just tickled to death you have such a joy to you and your family!!! TOTALLY THRILLED!!!

lizbud
01-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Dottie is just adorable. I love her markings too. I'm happy for you. :)

elizabethann
01-20-2007, 06:49 PM
OMG. What a doll! I love the name! I just love Cavilier King Charles Spaniels! Can you please post about 100 more pictures? Please? I said please....pretty please?

kimlovescats
01-20-2007, 07:13 PM
I SO appreciate all of you being genuinely happy for me! That just makes me so happy and I feel truly cared for!

I will have plenty of Dottie pictures and updates coming, I hope you won't get sick of her! :D I will start a Dottie with Kenny and Gretta thread here in just a bit.

LOVE,
Kim

Vermontcat
01-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Happy Anniversary Kim and congratulations on the adorable new addition to the family! :D
Dottie is just the cutest little thing!
I'm so happy for you. :)
I'm off to look for more photos of the little cutie pie.
I hope you will have some photos of her with the kitties soon too. :)

Queen of Poop
01-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Happy Anniversary Kim and Hubby!!!! I hope he realizes the precedent he's set here! She is absolutely adorable. Husbands take note - excellent anniversary gift!! More pictures - PLEASE!!! :D

prechrswife
01-20-2007, 07:37 PM
What a cutie! Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary! :D

BitsyNaceyDog
01-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh my goodness, she is so precious. Congratulations on your new baby.

gemini9961
01-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Kim she is as cute as can be. She looks so soft and snuggly. :) Congrats on your new addition and most important.....welcome to PT Dottie!! :D

CagneyDog
01-20-2007, 09:43 PM
She's adorable! You must be so thrilled to have gotten such an amazing gift. :)

pnance
01-20-2007, 09:50 PM
I love that face!!!

BOBS DAD
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Kim,

I love Dottie. She's beautiful... now why would anyone want to rain on your parade??? Hope you enjoy her company a long, long time!!!

Twisterdog
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Cute! :D

In my experience boarding and grooming them, CKCS are very nice, even-tempered, sweet dogs. I've never met one that wasn't a sweetie.

Congrats!

lute
01-20-2007, 10:08 PM
What a cutie! Congrats on the cutie patootie!

caseysmom
01-20-2007, 10:35 PM
She is just precious, your hubby is so sweet, bless him for giving you the gift of unconditional love on your anniversary. I hope she helps you through the rough times, I know my pups have helped me.

captain
01-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh Kim!!!
What a DOLL!

I have obviously missed something on why you have to justify your happiness!!!
Go right ahead, be happy!!!! :D

shais_mom
01-20-2007, 10:59 PM
what a CUTIE!
I'm so happy for you Kim!
Can't wait for pics of the rest of the crew!

Sevaede
01-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Aww! What a cutie! :D Congrats on pup and anniversary! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Just saw the cross-post!!

Oh gosh, Kim, what an absolute little doll Dottie is!! That name is just PERFECT !!!!! He he, what a sweet present your hubby gave you :) ; I am sooooo happy for you!! You will get back tons of love (and licks on your nose haha) from this cutie!!

4 Dog Mother
01-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Oh, Kim, what a sweetie you have for a husband --- and a puppy! Dottie is such a cute name and goes quite well with that little special gift you received. (Happy Anniversary, by the way). I'm a thinkin' we are going to have to get you a new name ---Kimlovescatsanddogs!

I would drop over dead if my husband would get me a puppy for a gift - how lucky you are to have a special man that knows how pets can help you through tough tmes. Can't wait to see more pictures of Dottie!

TFTpwnsYou
01-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Ohhhhh wow. Tri colors are so pretty. I love them! She is a precious looking little girl. Congrats on your new addition!

shais_mom
01-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh, Kim, what a sweetie you have for a husband --- and a puppy! Dottie is such a cute name and goes quite well with that little special gift you received. (Happy Anniversary, by the way). I'm a thinkin' we are going to have to get you a new name ---Kimlovescatsanddogs!

I would drop over dead if my husband would get me a puppy for a gift - how lucky you are to have a special man that knows how pets can help you through tough tmes. Can't wait to see more pictures of Dottie!
Maybe the airdale pup should have waited until your birthday or anniversery! ;) :p

jazzcat
01-21-2007, 12:11 PM
What a doll!!!

Congratulations Kim, I'm glad you have some happiness right now. Happy Anniversary too. :)

Bengalz
01-21-2007, 12:28 PM
What a beautiful baby girl :D Congratulations Kim and Happy Anniversary :)

Pembroke_Corgi
01-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Dottie is adorable! Congratulations! :D

ramanth
01-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Much better than jewelry or flowers I say! She's beautiful. I hope you have many years of happiness. :)

catmandu
01-21-2007, 02:13 PM
How Could Anyone Be Negative About The Sweet Little Girl.
Has Dottie Met The Cats As Yet.
I Bet They Get Along Famously, And Are Fast Friends Before You Know It.

xcolbi
01-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Dottie is ADORABLE! She looks really sweet. :p

4 Dog Mother
01-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Maybe the airdale pup should have waited until your birthday or anniversery!

Staci, I'm not picky - I would take ANY puppy - it doesn't have to be an airedale. And by the way, all my kids and adopted kids out there - my birthday is just a couple of weeks away and our anniversary is early March. Maybe you could just send a few discreet pms or e-mails to 5 Dog Dad.

Cinder & Smoke
01-21-2007, 03:40 PM
all my kids and adopted kids out there -
my birthday is just a couple of weeks away and
our anniversary is early March.

Maybe you could just send a few discreet pms or e-mails to 5 Dog Dad.

I guess "flowers" aren't the desired gift, huh?

Prolly work better if Dad was the one that *bumped into* and *discovered*
the Future Pup ... you need a reason to send him to the Shelter.

Good Luck, Mom!
;)

kimlovescats
01-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks again to everyone for the nice posts! I do have a wonderful hubby and we've been married 15 years and I'm KEEPIN' HIM! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
01-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Ohhhh! Dottie is just to precious for words! What a wonderful anniversary gift! Have tons of fun with little Dottie!

finn's mom
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Dottie is precious. Welcome to the family, little girl!

K9karen
01-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Stupid 'puter was down for while...I can't believe I just saw this beautiful thread!!!!!

Kim, my Gawd, why would anyone be unhappy for you??? Your hubby is awesome! He knew just what you needed!!! Dottie is a living doll! I love Cavies too..oh that sweet, adorable face!! No whining or crying..such an elegant little lady already!!! Blessings on both of you for a awesome life together!!

Happy (belated) Anniversary!

Lady's Human
01-22-2007, 12:22 AM
What an INNOCENT (yeah, right kiddo) cute face! :D

I'm just wondering what the pup is plotting......LOL!

Congrats!

manda_moo87
01-22-2007, 02:29 AM
AWWW! :D Happy Anniversary and congrats on your adorable new additon Kim...she's TOO CUTE!!

kimlovescats
01-22-2007, 10:30 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH, Lablover, Finn's Mom, K9Karen, Lady's Human and Manda Moo! Everyone has been so sweet, I truly appreciate it!!! :)

Lobodeb
01-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Add me to the list of people who are happy for you. Dottie is beautiful and sounds like she's a delight to have. I'm so happy for you. You deserved this after the grief you've been though.

kimlovescats
01-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Thank you, Debby! ;)

cassiesmom
01-22-2007, 03:22 PM
How do you do, little Dottie and hello, Kim, I was just thinking about you this morning.

I have to tell you I did laugh aloud when I saw the pictures in the first entry! What a darling doggie girl! I hope she will have a very long, healthy and happy life with you. I don't know the first thing about Cavalier King Charles spaniels (except how to spell Cavalier!), so I'll learn from Dottie!

Congratulations! *pet*

Muddy4paws
01-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Cute! :D

In my experience boarding and grooming them, CKCS are very nice, even-tempered, sweet dogs. I've never met one that wasn't a sweetie.

Congrats!

Snap! Ive never met a cav that wasnt a sweetheart! Shes got such a cute face!

kimlovescats
01-22-2007, 04:43 PM
How do you do, little Dottie and hello, Kim, I was just thinking about you this morning.

I have to tell you I did laugh aloud when I saw the pictures in the first entry! What a darling doggie girl! I hope she will have a very long, healthy and happy life with you. I don't know the first thing about Cavalier King Charles spaniels (except how to spell Cavalier!), so I'll learn from Dottie!

Congratulations! *pet*

You are so sweet, thank you! ;)

Everything I have read and heard has all been good about CKCS too! So far Dottie has proven all to be true! She is a little bundle of joy, I tell ya! :D

PJ's Mom
01-22-2007, 04:48 PM
That's gonna be one precious, spoiled little girl. :D Congrats!! :)

BC_MoM
01-22-2007, 05:21 PM
What a PRECIOUS little girl!! She's going to be so spoiled! Dottie is just the perfect name for such a charming thing. :)

Danegirl2208
01-22-2007, 08:28 PM
OMG what a cutie..congrats on the new addition :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-23-2007, 05:01 AM
She is a little bundle of joy, I tell ya! :D

You deserve that, Kim! You are a fantastic "pet-mom"!! :)

he he, an idea for your new name: Kimlovespets ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Cute!!! :D

beeniesmom
01-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Awww, you are so lucky.
I've always wanted one too.
Those eyes can melt any heart!

dappledoxie
01-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Dottie is gorgeous! I'm so happy for you :D

Kfamr
01-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, good luck with this one. I didn't realize she was only number 4, I had thought you had a Husky, too.

She's cute.

JenBKR
01-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I thought I responded before but I don't see it anywhere :eek: What a sweet puppy! You are so lucky to have such a darling addition - Congratulations!!

kimlovescats
01-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Well, good luck with this one. I didn't realize she was only number 4, I had thought you had a Husky, too.

She's cute.

Thank you, Kay! Yes, I had Hampton for a while ... here is the thread you are wanting!

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=111019&page=1&pp=15

I don't think I'll need any "luck with this one". I've been very blessed in managing the 4 I have now, including caring for AnnaBelle who is paralyzed from the waist down, completely incontinant and in diapers! ;)

I had thought you had already posted in this thread, must have deleted it?

Be sure to tell your Dad "Happy Birthday" again for me!

Oh well! Thanks again everyone! :D

jackmilliesmom
01-24-2007, 05:20 AM
Oh Kim what a little darling I am so happy for you and when Jenna comes to visit what fun you will have. You are very lucky to have gotten this beautiful pup and its playful antics will have you in hysterics I promise that.

Reachoutrescue
01-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Kim, congrats on the pup...she is too cute!

Kfamr
01-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Thank you, Kay! Yes, I had Hampton for a while ... here is the thread you are wanting!

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=111019&page=1&pp=15

I don't think I'll need any "luck with this one". I've been very blessed in managing the 4 I have now, including caring for AnnaBelle who is paralyzed from the waist down, completely incontinant and in diapers! ;)

I had thought you had already posted in this thread, must have deleted it?

Be sure to tell your Dad "Happy Birthday" again for me!

Oh well! Thanks again everyone! :D

You're welcome, Kim!

Thanks for the thread, as I had never heard anything about Hampton leaving. Seems like he was a typical Husky. :) Hopefully he is doing well in his new home, do you know?

Four can be hard to deal with, so my "good luck with this one" still stands! :) No, This will be my second post in this thread, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. And I'm sure he'll read this thread, as he reads many of Pet Talk so consider it done... :confused:

ChrisH
01-25-2007, 04:25 AM
Oh, Kim, I'm just seeing this, congratulations, she is absolutely gorgeous! :D :D

ciciverde
01-26-2007, 01:47 PM
This is late but Congratulations! Your new addition is so adorable.