PDA

View Full Version : Let's all take Virtual DEEP BREATH

shais_mom
01-19-2007, 07:47 PM
could we all just take a deep breath and take a breather???
There is such anger and resentment around the air here in General and Dog House it is unbelievable and quite frankly some of the people that I care about the most have been involved in it and it makes me sick just sick.
I stay out of the dog house b/c of that reason and now it has seeped over to here GENERAL.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion - no one is right or wrong. As far as I know this is still a FREE country.
I didn't participate in the Christmas card exchange b/c I knew it would be a huge expense and just didn't have it this year. And b/c I too didn't like it in previous years when people didn't send cards they said they were going to send.
I probably won't be participating in any SWAPS of any kind that I can think of b/c the bandana swap last summer - I never got anything. She pm'ed me and told me that she had sent - and I believed her - I didn't have any reason NOT too. I still believe her - I just never got anything.
But I don't blame this forum for it either.
I guess when Life hands you lemons ---
grab the tequila and salt!

Kfamr
01-20-2007, 07:10 AM

Man, I wish! Oh, and if anyone needs lemons, PLEASE someone take them off of our tree in the back yard.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Oh, and if anyone needs lemons, PLEASE someone take them off of our tree in the back yard.

You have LEMONS in YOUR back yard??? Oh my, I wish we had that too! We had fish for lunch, and my hubby always wants lemon with it! But, no more lemon in our fridge :eek:

I love those fruit trees with lemons, orangies, etc...! They only grow in southern Europe, like the south of France. But hey, who knows we will be able to have them too in the future (since the temperatures are rising) ??

Okay, I am taking a DEEEEEEEEEP breath :) :)

ps. I just noticed you live in Florida, Kay. Wow, I was there many years ago, and it is GORGEOUS out there!!! I am jalous now :D

catnapper
01-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Tee hee, I've been so wrapped up in my own self looking for a job that I totally missed any discord anywhere (but I have been following Gina's thread)

It seems we all get fiesty every few months around here. Then everyone kisses and makes up, then gets worked up a month or so later.

Everybody, please go hug your pets and know that we're all hugging our pets together (aren't I overly sweet this morning?)

chocolatepuppy
01-20-2007, 07:50 AM
No lemons here, it's snowing! :D Staci, did it snow on your side of the state yet? :)

trayi52
01-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh, please! Deep breaths for everyone! Staci is right!

Willie :)

shais_mom
01-20-2007, 08:50 AM
No lemons here, it's snowing! :D Staci, did it snow on your side of the state yet? :)
yes it snowed but didn't stick! :)

I should say in the beginning thread - Let's all take a deep breath - MYSELF included!
But then I got accused of spreading hatred over the board - :(
And that was after I started this thread.
Yes, I have had my "spats" with people but I'm not the only one!
I can't promise that I won't have spats in the future but I will definitley try my best to leave it be and just grab the tequila and salt with the LEMONS that life gives us!

Zippy
01-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks for Posting this thread.
Everone go hug and kiss your furbabies and take deep breaths.
I come to PT because all the friendly people and all the beautiful pictures.Getting in fights doesn't help anyone.Let's all remember we are here because of the love we have for are pets and all animals.

Bengalz
01-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Staci,
Kudos to you for starting this thread - unfortunate, but necessary. I haven't the courage to post in Gina's thread for fear of what I may say.

In this thread I have 2 thoughts:

1 - Staci you are an amazing woman and I respect your feelings.
2 - As I have many times expressed - Karen and Paul have created a wonderful place for us all to enjoy. They deserve our respect. If we, as individuals, cannot be accountable for our actions, then we haven't the right to post on this forum.

Enough said, I wish everyone here a better and happier day :)

Hugs to you all,
Betty

shais_mom
01-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Staci,
Kudos to you for starting this thread - unfortunate, but necessary. I haven't the courage to post in Gina's thread for fear of what I may say.

In this thread I have 2 thoughts:

1 - Staci you are an amazing woman and I respect your feelings.
2 - As I have many times expressed - Karen and Paul have created a wonderful place for us all to enjoy. They deserve our respect. If we, as individuals, cannot be accountable for our actions, then we haven't the right to post on this forum.

Enough said, I wish everyone here a better and happier day :)

Hugs to you all,
Betty
THANK YOU very MUCH
{{hugs}}

cyber-sibes
01-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi Staci! *waves*
Went past your exit off the freeway the other day & *sent* you some good vibes! I don't like the pettiness & bickering either, so my policy is that when a thread goes bad, I don't post any more. In fact, I avoid reading it just cause I don't want to hear it. Maybe it's the "ostrich" philosophy but it works for me! :D

And just where is that snow they keep bragging about on the other side of the state?

momoffuzzyfaces
01-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Ok, everyone into your snow suits!!!

Come have a romp in the snow with me!!! That will cool us all off! (plus make us giggle) :D
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/snowstorm000_1554.jpg

borzoimom
01-20-2007, 02:10 PM
grab the tequilla.. lol.. " in with the good air- out with the bad.. " lol...

Daisy and Delilah
01-20-2007, 05:23 PM
That picture is amazing!! I absolutely love it..........ahhhhh.......I feel better already!! Thanks :D

lizbud
01-20-2007, 06:55 PM
I hope no one takes adults expressing different opinions on a subject as
a personal fight against any one who differs from them.I always believed
adults can differ on things without nursing any personal hatreds. I love
hearing different opinions. Might not always agree with the thoughts, but
always like hearing them. :)

Moff, I like seeing your "snow pics".It reminds me what real snow looks like.

anna_66
01-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Life's been handing me a lot of lemons lately....where's that tequila:D:p

Flatcoatluver
01-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Can you send some lemons here. :p

I was hurt very badly a couple weeks ago by many members. Took a week off, had a breather and felt much better. Those members I added to my ignore list, so I am not hurt much anymore. Ignore list is there for a reason, use it ;) ! I really felt much better having a week off, I virtually and physically got a long nice breath. I love pt, but having a short break helps.

I sometimes feel like members enjoy to argue and make people feel bad, it is very upsetting. I try and stay out of threads that have some "heat" as much as possible because I don't want to add to the flame, ya know? (((PT HUGS))) :)

dukedogsmom
01-21-2007, 03:53 PM
I try to stay away from threads like that, also. Don't like the drama. I took a break for a while one time because of it. But, there's too many good people here to let the few bad ones ruin it. Oh, and the hatred Gina was referring to was on LJ, not here.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Moff, I like seeing your "snow pics".It reminds me what real snow looks like.
I wish I could have gotten a picture last night. Well, around 1 am, I got up for a bathroom break. I peeked out side and it was really snowing. All the trees were covered and the people across the street had even built a snowman. A real Currier and Ives moment. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture. By this morning the temps had warmed up enough that most of the snow was off the trees!!!
I'm thrilled it's all melting but sure would have loved a picture.

lizbud
01-21-2007, 05:41 PM
I wish I could have gotten a picture last night. Well, around 1 am, I got up for a bathroom break. I peeked out side and it was really snowing. All the trees were covered and the people across the street had even built a snowman. A real Currier and Ives moment. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture. By this morning the temps had warmed up enough that most of the snow was off the trees!!!
I'm thrilled it's all melting but sure would have loved a picture.

I can just imagine from your description. Sounds very peaceful. :)

Guess what? Indianapolis actually got 3-4 inches of snow overnight. The
pups had a blast playing in it this morning. :D

Kalei
01-21-2007, 05:42 PM
I've been keeping up to date on this thread and haven't posted yet, thought I would post now. I never got involved in that thread with Gina, I always like to stay out of threads that have 'heat' too, it makes me feel better to not get involved.

I was reading it though, and let me say, this thread reading it has already made me feel so much better, more love, more happiness, I feel like hugging everyone of you if it were possible to do through the computer lol.

Everyone have a great day! Thanks for posting this thread.:D

ramanth
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Warm fuzzies all around!!! :D :D

CathyBogart
01-21-2007, 11:13 PM
*Sigh* This is the first time I've genuinely gotten frustrated with the way things are going here. *Passes around some tequila*

shais_mom
01-22-2007, 12:42 AM
thanks Julie!
MISS YOU!
how have you been? tell Byron I said HELLO!

TamanduaGirl
01-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Deep breaths make me yawn
http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p169/TamanduaGirl/NewUploads/th_Picture089-1.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p169/TamanduaGirl/NewUploads/Picture089-1.jpg