PDA

View Full Version : New Major Winter storm coming - prayers again, please? (3 pics #11)

momoffuzzyfaces
01-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Well, here we go again.

I just got a path dug out yesterday from the last storm. (Bless my neighbor boy)
Tomorrow we are to have another major storm move in. It's to start out as rain, change to sleet and then to snow. 6 to 8 inches!!! On top of all the other ice and sleet we still have!!! :( :( :(

This is to be the sort of thing that really sticks to power lines according to our weather man.

Prayers again, please? That our power stays on and prayers for the hundreds that still are without power from the last storm.

I did manage to get to the grocery store today and re-stock on the essentials of life: cat food, chocolate, bread, and pop! ;) Oh, and carrots too!
My neighbor boy will have quite a college fund by the time this winter is over!!! :D

Karen
01-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Well, here we go again.

I just got a path dug out yesterday from the last storm. (Bless my neighbor boy)
Tomorrow we are to have another major storm move in. It's to start out as rain, change to sleet and then to snow. 6 to 8 inches!!! On top of all the other ice and sleet we still have!!! :( :( :(

This is to be the sort of thing that really sticks to power lines according to our weather man.

Prayers again, please? That our power stays on and prayers for the hundreds that still are without power from the last storm.

I did manage to get to the grocery store today and re-stock on the essentials of life: cat food, chocolate, bread, and pop! ;) Oh, and carrots too!
My neighbor boy will have quite a college fund by the time this winter is over!!! :D

Glad you got out to the store today! Did you pick up some Ice Melt as well? ;) That you have a path now means the next one will be easier. I promise!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I did look for Ice Melt and even asked about it. All they had was salt. So I got several bags. If I ever get out of these storms and find some of the Ice Melt, I'll stock up. :)

borzoimom
01-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I am glad you went to the store- and batten down the hatches... ( in prayers of course..)

Dorothy39
01-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm Praying "real hard" that your power never goes out!!!!

I'm so glad that you got out and about today~ :cool:

And, Yes~

This storm system is such a mighty force to deal with ~ :o ~

We're keeping you in our Prayers !!!

If you need a REAL {{HUG}}}~ Log onto "Pet Talk" ;)

davidpizzica
01-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Connie, you have big WARM Pittsburgh prayers and good thoughts coming your way! I'm SO glad that you made it to the store and stocked up. Your neighbor boy will have a lot of money!

Lizzie
01-19-2007, 07:18 PM

It would be interesting to see what others would buy in your place. The first two items on your list would head mine also, followed by tea and McVite's chocolate digestive cookies. (I'm always well stocked with staples so don't think that's all I eat. :eek: )

I'm sure many of us will keep checking in, like last time, to see you ride out this next storm so please keep posting. We've settled back to rain, hurrah!

gini
01-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Oh Connie, that is the one thing I worry most about for you - that your power stays on!!!

If it really got bad - do you have any place that you could go - or a rescue hotline or something? Could someone pick you up - could your neighbor come to get you?

Prayers are a comin..........just a tad stronger for you this time!

Big hugs - Gini

zippy-kat
01-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Keeping you in my prayers, MOFF!

We're getting hit with ice storms, too but not nearly as bad as ya'll. Stay warm, stay safe, and keep the furries near by for extra warmth.

{{hugs}}

Lilith Cherry
01-20-2007, 01:58 AM
MOFF you sure have my good wishes too.... I was out of electricity ( and water from my well)for 20 days straight during the 1998 ice storm in Ontario/ Quebec/New England. It was fun cooking meals at the Shelter/school hall for all the village and the linesmen from all over North America who came to help out but I wouldn't want to do it again thanks!

I hope you are fine and don't lose power!
Love from Lilith

momoffuzzyfaces
01-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh Connie, that is the one thing I worry most about for you - that your power stays on!!!

If it really got bad - do you have any place that you could go - or a rescue hotline or something? Could someone pick you up - could your neighbor come to get you?

Prayers are a comin..........just a tad stronger for you this time!

Big hugs - Gini
I'm pretty much on my own. No friends or relatives in town that drive or know I'm alive apparently. The senior bus is my only way around until I can get my car fixed or a different one. That's not going to happen for a long long time. I wouldn't drive in this weather anyway.

Our bus only goes during the week and a few hours on Saturday unless the weather is bad. Our town doesn't even have a shelter. In fact, the Salvation Army moved out last year! :eek:

It's really snowing now!!!
I snuck out and took pictures before it started. I also put salt on my path to try and keep the build up from being too bad. I'm going to go out and sweep the path in a while and put more salt down. I'm going to keep that path open as much as possible.

I have little cleats that fit on my shoes so I won't slip.

Here are a couple of pics of before the storm. That is all solid frozen sleet! You can walk on it and not leave a mark!!!

My little path in front of the house:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_pathinsleetstorm000_1547.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/pathinsleetstorm000_1547.jpg)

My back yard:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_sleetstorm000_1548.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/sleetstorm000_1548.jpg)

This is what it's doing now: So far the salt is keeping the snow off the path. That's the little redbud tree right beside my "path".
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/snowstorm000_1554.jpg

Randi
01-20-2007, 01:41 PM
It does look pretty, but certainly not what you need. :( I'm sending lots of positive thoughts that your power lines will be OK, and you'll have enough food in the house!

Stay safe and warm! :)

(((((Hugs)))))

Ginger's Mom
01-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Yes, it does look frozen. More good, warm, thoughts coming your way.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Thanks everyone!
Here are two updated pics. My path is getting snowed in. I did sweep it out and put more salt on it. It's not near as deep as the area around it. Hopefully I'll be able to find it tomorrow and sweep it out.
This is the little redbud tree again with lots more snow on it:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_snowstorm000_1561.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/snowstorm000_1561.jpg)
This is my little mystery tree right beside my front porch. :)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_snowstorm000_1560.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/snowstorm000_1560.jpg)

cassiesmom
01-20-2007, 06:41 PM
More thoughts and prayers coming from Illinois. We are supposed to have temps in the high 20s with snow the first few days of this week. Possibly 2-3 inches of snow tomorrow.

smokey the elder
01-21-2007, 08:26 AM
We're very fortunate in the Northeast but I think the other shoe will drop eventually. I'm glad you have a nice fellow to help dig you out. Please be careful with this weather and don't fall.

DrKym
01-21-2007, 09:13 AM
MOFF you are in our prayers! We got 6 inches last night ourselves, and turning to sleet as we speak. They are expecting 3-4 more tonight clearing up on Tues with more snow on Wed. So here is a cocoa from our house to yours! :)

Dorothy39
01-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Moff~

I'm keeping my Prayers Requests for sooo many Pet Talk People, and you're one of them!!!!

Let's all close our eyes now, and Remember ~ SPRING~ :o (tweet-tweet)

AH, SPRING~ Sweet SPRING~

momoffuzzyfaces
01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
We had a lot of snow. I got up at 1 am for a bathroom run and peeked out the window. Looked like a Currier and Ives picture. Big old flakes of snow and all the trees were covered. It must have warmed up during the night though because when I got up at 6 to stay, most of the snow was gone from the trees.

The snow was real wet. I went out and cleaned my path. Of course, the city had plowed the end of it in. I had a hard time clearing that but did pretty good. Just got inside and they plowed it back under. Went back out to reclear it and lots of cars drove by and splashed water all over me. Just soaked my backside and coat. The stuff is melting it seems. YIPEEE!!!

We still have all that frozen sleet under it though!!!

I was standing out there a bit just waiting to see if the city came back with the plows again. My neighbor boy came by. The one who usually clears my sidewalk for me. He's going to come by later and clear that part again. I am just too tired and weak to clear it like it needs.

Then I had to come in and do laundry. Had to wash my coat and sweat pants. I sure didn't want all that muddy water to set in.

We dodged another bullet. I'm sure it's the prayers doing it!!!
Thanks a million!!! :D

Dorothy39
01-21-2007, 01:35 PM
No Problem ~ :cool:

Pet Talk Prayers are Magic Bullets in Cyberspace~ You know that!!!!! :p

gini
01-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Connie, good to hear from you today. Let's hope it does warm up enough to make this stuff go away for awhile. You need a break!

(I am not seeing all of your pictures, I wonder why?)

cassiesmom
01-21-2007, 05:35 PM
MOFF, I just came to check on you, I read your post from this afternoon. I hope you have better weather this week (and beyond)! Hug and prayers.