PDA

View Full Version : Michael J. Fox - Lucky Man (anybody a fan of Mike?)

CountryWolf07
06-22-2002, 10:32 AM
Howdy everyone! :) Who here has read his book? I've been planning on to read it, and FINALLY, I took it out of the library two days ago, and wow, I'm halfway done, and all I can say is.. what an INTERESTING book I've read.. I'm not a book-lover, but.. this book, I can't STOP reading! I've learned things I didn't know about him, like his drinking problems, how close he was with Nana and his dad, etc. The reason why I'm reading this book is that, he's my favorite actor and I wanted to learn more about him. I admire him, and how strong and brave he's dealing with the Parkinson's disease, the whole issue! Is anybody here a fan of Michael J. Fox? Just curious :) - Rachel

Dixieland Dancer
06-22-2002, 01:44 PM
I am a fan of Michael J. Fox too! I loved the Secret of my Success and especially liked Doc Hollywood.

CountryWolf07
06-22-2002, 03:07 PM
Hey Lut.. the title of the book is "Lucky Man" - a memoir. Here's the picture of it :) It's definitely a great book, and I'm going to buy it when I have $... There's also more to the book at Michael's offical site - http://www.michaeljfox.com/ I am going to read that when I finish the book. The excerpt is about 30 pages long! I love the movies he has done in.. My favorites are - Doc Hollywood, Back to the Future I, II, and III, and Greedy. Actually, I like anything he's in! :) - Rachel

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid23/pc43c36470be78026f0254b82e620f48d/fd9eb531.jpg

CountryWolf07
06-22-2002, 06:25 PM
You're welcome! :) the book is great! - Rachel

lovemymaltese
06-22-2002, 08:10 PM
I agree, Michael J Fox is a brave soul. His career as an actor has been great. He is one of the funniest people out there. I haven't read the book, sounds good though.

CountryWolf07
06-22-2002, 08:47 PM
I definitely recommend you his book! It's very good.. :) - Rachel

Roofus
06-24-2002, 07:05 PM
I'm reading the book too and enjoying it very much, it is well written. There are a lot of things I did not know about him at all and never would have guessed at all. Also his wife seems like an amazing lady too.

labloverforever
06-24-2002, 07:09 PM
what does this have 2 do with dogs
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :mad:

CountryWolf07
06-24-2002, 08:23 PM
I'm just sharing what I think of the book, and about Michael J. Fox.. that's all, I was curious to see who had read the book, etc. Don't get all upset over this. I wanted to see if there were other fans like me!

Anyway, I finished the book, and wow, I want to read it all over again! LOL :) I think I might.. I really enjoyed his book a lot. My brother asked my mom why I was reading the book almost all the time, and she told him that I was interested in it. :rolleyes: - Rachel

wolf_Q
06-24-2002, 11:52 PM
Well, that's kind of one thing I like about this place. Yes, we talk mostly about dogs, but since we are all people....we also like to share our interests to get to know eachother better. I haven't seen any bad topics that weren't about dogs. But I guess that's just my opinion, maybe non-dog topics bother others...

ellensy
06-25-2002, 11:00 AM
:D :D :D :cool:

jennifert
06-25-2002, 11:21 AM
I haven't yet read the book but I have heard good things about it. I did read an excerpt from it in Reader's Digest. It always amazes me how people overcome their fears and insecurities and selfishness when illness stricks. Or anytime for that matter....

Rachel, did you see the Kenny Chesney weekend on CMT this last weekend? I thought of you when I saw it...
:)

CountryWolf07
06-25-2002, 05:01 PM
Jennifert, hehe, you betcha! ;) I did watch some of it! I already had seen it before.. I only caught the part where Kenny was singing "How Forever Feels" :) Thanks for thinkin' of me.. And on the subject on M.J.F's book, it's great.. you should read it whenever you have the time to! - Rachel

yorkster
06-26-2002, 01:04 AM
I LOVE Michael J. Fox!!! Most people do like him alot- what's not to like?
My fav movie of his was Back to the Future.........he has great comic timing, and seems to be really down to earth
I think I'll go get that book this weekend. :)