PDA

View Full Version : Wooohooooo!!!!!

catnapper
01-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Happy happy HAPPY DANCING!

I just got a job! Woohoo, MAJOR party time!

They'll call me back tonight or tomorrow to set up a meeting to go over any offer. Shhh... don't let them know but I'll take whatever they offer me! :D

I couldn't be any happier than I am at this moment. Its for a great company with a well known name.... anyone ever hear of LA-Z-Boy ;) I'm going to go from doing commercial interior design to residential. I am actually excited about the switch. AND since its going to be out of a furniture store, I'll have to work two days during the day, two days in the evening, and saturdays.... which means I'll be able to babysit Cameron like I have been! Oh, and I'll still be able to do dog training but I'll have to adjust my training schedule a bit. The best of all worlds! I really think this was meant to be.

Oh, and the strangest thing? The guy who I interviewed with this morning? He was one of my students in puppy class. I spent a LOT of time with him helping him find a good local breeder for his GSD. Small world, eh? :D

Cataholic
01-19-2007, 01:25 PM
If anyone deserves this opportunity, it is YOU! Congrats.

Daisy and Delilah
01-19-2007, 01:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS KIM!!!!

You go girl!!! :) :D :)

JenBKR
01-19-2007, 01:37 PM
YAY I am so happy for you! What a relief - I knew that the perfect job was out there for you ;) Congratulations! Those PT prayers sure do work, don't they :D

borzoimom
01-19-2007, 01:44 PM
congos For Kim!!!

cassiesmom
01-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Shhh... don't let them know but I'll take whatever they offer me!

String them along just a teeny, tiny bit ... you can always come back to the original offer.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Maresche
01-19-2007, 01:47 PM
CongaRATS Kim!

I'm so glad this has finally happened for you.

finn's mom
Congratulations, it does sound perfect for you!

Vela
WOOHOO!!! Congrats!!!! Looking for a job can be SO stressful so I'm glad you finally found one and one that seems like it will be great. Maybe it will help you feel better in general and that will be great for all of you. Congrats again! Sounds like it might even be better than some of those other jobs you were looking at as it still alows you lots of time with Cameron, which you would have missed. That's great!

catnapper
01-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Sounds like it might even be better than some of those other jobs you were looking at as it still alows you lots of time with Cameron, which you would have missed. That's great!
My thoughts exactly! I really worried about not having my time with him.

God provides exactly what you need. We as a family worried about getting Ash to and from school, and who'd care for Cam. I also worried about how I'd fit back into the 9-5 daily thing after being out for so long. The flex-schedule of some night/some days is ideal for me. I'll also be able to continue doing my own artwork and design on the side since there will be 3 days during the week where I have off in the mornings.

Funny thing is I responded to a job ad in the paper for sales people. They were not looking for a designer. They actually don't HAVE a design department.... they are MAKING one for me! They have one in another store and its working well, but they wanted to wait about a year before they added one to the local store. I guess they knew when they saw my resume that they wouldn't be able to let me go! :D

jenluckenbach
01-19-2007, 02:23 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Oh you said that already) :o

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D I am so happy for you.

prechrswife
01-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Congratulations!!! Great news! :D

Barbara
01-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!
Major wooohhooooo here as well :D

Pembroke_Corgi
01-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Congratulations!!! I hope you love it! :D

Lobodeb
01-19-2007, 03:17 PM
I am so happy for you, Kim! :D I knew the perfect job would come along and it seems as if it has.

Congrats to you!

critter crazy
01-19-2007, 03:19 PM
CONGRATS!!!!

Kirsten
01-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Congrats, that is great news!!! I'm very happy for you!! :)

Good luck with the new job!

Kirsten

Karen
01-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Congratulations - here's hoping it all works out well! :)

kuhio98
01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Kim ~ We're doing backflips up here! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

caseysmom
01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Congratulations! I am sure you will do great.

Rachel
01-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Congratulations, Kim. Anyone who was getting called for interviews as often as you were was sure to land a job sooner or later. This schedule sounds perfect for you, but I would think that you might end up working even more hours once they realize what a asset you will be for the company.

Lizzie
01-19-2007, 03:38 PM
That's wonderful news! Being the first person in that job means that you can "create" it, which will be challenging but very satisfying.

Freedom
01-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Super news! Excellent, congrats!!!!

Have you visited the "other" store, which HAS the design dept.?

Oh boy, I know the feeling when you land a new position that you want. So happy for you!

lizbud
01-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I am very happy for you Kim. :D Anyone who has ever seen your drawings
know how much talent you have. Big Congratulations. :)

Edwina's Secretary
01-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Right time, right place, right job.

Congratulations Kim!

Logan
01-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Congratulations, Kim!!! :)

AbbyMom
01-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Hallelujah! and Congratulations!

Sevaede
01-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Woohoo! Congratulations, Kim! I am happy for you! :D You definitely deserve it, pat yourself on the back.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Yay! I'm so excited for you. Congratulations!

Catty1
01-19-2007, 11:14 PM
WOOOOHOOOOO!

Them creating a position for YOU! WOW!

Looks like things will be moving up from now on!

:D

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Congrats Kim!!!:D I'm so happy for you.:D

smokey the elder
01-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Congratulations! I think it's so cool that a student of yours in the puppy class helped you get this. Leads can come from totally unexpected places.

Killearn Kitties
01-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Fantastic news, Kim! I am so pleased for you. :D

DrKym
01-21-2007, 12:37 PM
YAY!!!! I am so glad for you Kim!!!! WTG!!! Now if we can all keep praying for Donna too! then 2 of the nicest ppl I know will get their wish granted!!

*prays and lights candles* :D

Pam
01-21-2007, 12:39 PM
That's wonderful news! Being the first person in that job means that you can "create" it, which will be challenging but very satisfying.

Absolutely! My co-worker's hubby just found such a job after being out of work for six months. There will be no comparing you to a predecessor. You will be blazing your own trail! Big Congrats!! :cool:

BOBS DAD
01-21-2007, 12:52 PM
That Sounds Wonderful Kim. I Am Very Happy For You. Hope It All Works Out.

ramanth
01-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Congrats!!!

CatLuvrs
01-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I am just seeing this post but CONGRATS!!!!!! :D

moosmom
01-21-2007, 03:30 PM
WOOHOO!!!! WAY TO GO KIM!!!

I just KNEW that job would come through. Call me!!!

sirrahbed
01-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Sounds like a terrific job, Kim. Congratulations - it will be fun to read your updates :)

Craftlady
01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Congrads on the new job.

kimlovescats
01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
YIPPEE!!!!!! Congratulations!!! I knew you would get something perfect for you and your talent!!! :D

((((((HUGS))))))
Kim

*LabLoverKEB*
01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Congratulations on the new job, Kim!

catnapper
01-22-2007, 09:55 AM
I just got a call from my new boss (ooooo that feels so good to say!) and we have a meeting tomorrow to go over the offer.

Anyone have tips on negotiating? Or should I just grab what they're offering?

I really want the best they're willing to give but I'm terrified of pushing them so that they'd withdrawl the offer. As far as hubby is concerned, so long as they offer a halfway decent salary and medical benefits, I'm good to go. I'll think I've died and gone to heaven if they also offer dental and eye coverage (especially since I know I need dental work and new glasses ;))

I'm soooo excited about tomorrow. Goodness, I could be starting work this week if all goes well! Woohoo.... a regular paycheck. I won't know what to do with actual money in the bank! LOL

jazzcat
01-22-2007, 10:18 AM
No tips but I just wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! It sounds like a great job. I love LazyBoy furniture.

shais_mom
01-22-2007, 12:59 PM
congrats!

kuhio98
01-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Some advice that worked well for me once was, let them name the price. Then you say something like, "Oh no, I'm worth more than that." Then shut up. Don't say another word. Bite your tongue if necessary. Endure a long, embarrasing silence if necessary. Because whoever says the next word, concedes defeat. I swear it worked for me and I ended up getting $2 more an hour than I expected.

Craftlady
01-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Do you have an idea what they might offer?
Are they offering what you would make as an independent designer (contractor)?
If they are paying all your benefits (which is worth a few extra bucks an hour) I would not counter offer them with a higher wage. Your getting the extra $ in benefits.

However, if your expected to pay for your benefits and make an hourly wage that is not what a designer makes per hour, I would thank them for the offer but decline it and walk out. That would tell them know you know they have no clue what your worth.

catnapper
01-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... I feel giddy.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/huepfen/jumping-smiley-024.gif

I signed my paperwork and start next Tuesday. I have to go out of town for 3 days for training, but its not far so I can dirve to and from. Then after that, out of town where they put me up in a hotel for a few days for different training.

My salary was actually a lot more than I expected it to be. I couldn't grab the pen and sign fast enough ;) Apparently there are a lot of out-of-work designers... 40 applied for the sales position, and out of the 40 they chose me to create this design position. I have no idea how many sales people applied. They were doing the 3rd round of sales interviews when I was signing my paperwork today. They have to wean 12 sales applicants down this afternoon for the two sales positions.

I am just so happy and on cloud 9 right now. I'll get a REAL PAYCHECK in 3 weeks. Oh man..... money... income..... I can pay some bills! WOOHOO!

Now I know why I hadn't gotten any of the other jobs. This is truly where I am meant to be. It feels so right. My last job felt totally wrong, even from day one, I knew it was a bad fit for me (how right I was!)

Lobodeb
01-23-2007, 11:33 AM
I couldn't be happier for you, Kim! :D :D :D

Congratulations again! You deserve it. :D :D

jazzcat
01-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh Kim that sounds great!!! I'm so glad it's even better than you expected and that you have a such a good feeling about it.

CONGRATS!!!!

cassiesmom
01-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Yay, congratulations!!