PDA

View Full Version : All you Crafty peple out there!

critter crazy
01-19-2007, 11:21 AM
I am stuck!! i am trying to be Crafty, and decorate my bedroom walls. I wanted to stencil some horses on the wall, but am having some problems. I cant find any horse stencils i like, and the pics i do like arent stencils, so how do I turn a regular pic into a stencil?? or does anyone have any horse stencils??? I am trying to be crafty fro a change, and failing Miserably!:(

cyber-sibes
01-19-2007, 11:27 AM
The last time I made my own, I went to a Ben Franklin craft store & bought "blank" stencils - just the soft plastic sheets that commercial ones are made of. (The blanks were hanging with the other stencils) Check if your local craft stores carry it. It's very easy to cut with an exacto blade.

I have made my own by cutting out the shapes in tagboard, which holds up for a few, but falls apart. I've also used heavy acetate, which worked pretty well, too.

Cataholic
01-19-2007, 11:29 AM
I am not crafty (well, not in the artsy sense, anyhow) but, wanted to tell you what a friend of mine did that is so neat to me.

She took a larger wooden frame, and removed the front glass and the back board. It was just a frame (do you know what I mean?). She then put in an arrangement of flowers intentionally larger than the frame, with a lovely ribbon, and mounted the whole thing. So, the flowers overhang the frame everywhere. I am probably not doing a good job of explaining it, but, it is cool.

Maybe you could find a print that you like, cut out the horse part of it, and do something crafty with a frame, instead of stenciling?

(or, just roll your eyes at the suggestion ,and move on. :D )

critter crazy
01-19-2007, 11:52 AM
I am not crafty (well, not in the artsy sense, anyhow) but, wanted to tell you what a friend of mine did that is so neat to me.

She took a larger wooden frame, and removed the front glass and the back board. It was just a frame (do you know what I mean?). She then put in an arrangement of flowers intentionally larger than the frame, with a lovely ribbon, and mounted the whole thing. So, the flowers overhang the frame everywhere. I am probably not doing a good job of explaining it, but, it is cool.

Maybe you could find a print that you like, cut out the horse part of it, and do something crafty with a frame, instead of stenciling?

(or, just roll your eyes at the suggestion ,and move on. :D )

That i a realy neat idea!! I have 7 more rooms to finish, so it is an awsome idea!!:D

critter crazy
01-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Here is a drawing i did, and took a pic of, i realy want this into a stencil.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/My%20Drawings/100_4651.jpg

jackie
01-19-2007, 11:57 AM
that is really easy to turn into a stencil.

Just get a sheet of plastic, lay your image on top, and then carve out the image. Just remember to carve where you want it to be coloured, not vice-versa (which I have done too many times to count).

critter crazy
01-19-2007, 12:00 PM
okay yeah it sounds easy but my brain is hurting!! he he he hehe!! so How do I cut it out, so it looks like that on te wall? I am so clueless when it comes to this!!:confused:

Lobodeb
01-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Can you call an office supply store to see about renting an ELMO? It's an overhead projector that doesn't require transparacies. It'll just project the image on the wall and you can draw it from there.

borzoimom
01-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I have been watching this.. I have some beautiful stencils of borzois, but until we know if we are moving or not, I am not putting them up.
But I will tell you- we have such high ceilings and beautiful upper panels I can even a few up there.. hmmm.

Husky_mom
01-19-2007, 12:49 PM
just make sure the inside details are not going to be floating when you cut......I mean leave them hanging by a side or something if not youŽll end upo with a big blotch.......and no details