PDA

View Full Version : STILL no word about the job

moosmom
01-19-2007, 11:08 AM
It's been 2 weeks since my second interview. I called Joan Hunt, the editor, to see if any decision has been made. I got her voicemail. This waiting is KILLING ME!!!!!

Karen
01-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Any chance of stopping by with - I dunno, cookies or something - and asking in person? You've worked in the newspaper industry before, so you know how slow things can move - if it's ain't actually on fire, it gets back-burnered!

lvpets2002
01-19-2007, 11:11 AM
:) Now Donna patience.. I know waiting for answers can be stressfull.. Hey I can't hardly wait for pictures of you & david & all getting together.. ;)

cyber-sibes
01-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Still praying you get the job, Donna! The last job I got, and the one my hubby got, took several months between applying and getting hired. Hang in there!

moosmom
01-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I called Joan again. Finally got to talk to her. She said that they were on deadline, the email was down and they still haven't made a decision. *sigh* I guess good things do come to those who wait.

*stamps foot, fold arms, pouty lips* But whyyyyyy???? I want it NOW!!!! :rolleyes:

smokey the elder
01-21-2007, 08:38 AM
When I interviewed four years ago for the temp equivalent of the job I have now, I was supposed to hear something in a week. It was nearly a month before I heard anything, then they wanted me to start the following Monday (I heard on the previous Tuesday!) So don't give up!

moosmom
01-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Well, I guess I'll have to wait. I'm not going to call them anymore. Don't want to be too much of a pest. I told my manager at BB&B to up my hours. He's offered me up to 35 hours and I told him I'd take it.