PDA

View Full Version : dogs in ads

k9friend
01-19-2007, 02:07 AM
I was looking through my local newspaper classifieds. I was wondering what breeds of dogs for sale dominate your pet ads? In my area, southern california, it is pitbulls, chihuahuas, min pins, and lab mixes. I wish I could send each one of them, especially the amateur backyard breeders, to the animal shelters so they can see how and where their puppies will end up! I'm curious to see if it's the same common breeds across the globe.

chocolatepuppy
01-19-2007, 05:11 AM
Ours is mostly Golden Retrievers, Pit Bulls, Labs and a mix of smaller breeds. I cringe when I read the pet corner in our Sunday paper. These people just don't get it, all they see is $$$ signs. :(

critter crazy
01-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Unfortunately ours seems to be mostly designer breeds.:(

Here is the newest one that was listed!:o
CHIPOODLES PUPPIES_ Tiny, Non-shedding, shots & wormed, Family raised $350

Freedom
01-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Boston Terriers, Labs, Boston Terriers, SnickerDoodles, Boston Terriers, and a few odd other ones now and then. Did I mention Boston Terriers??? :D

Canis-Lupess
01-19-2007, 08:25 AM
There are always tons of GSDs in our local ads paper. Pitbulls are banned over here in the UK so none of them....they still do exist for the dog fighting ring but it's illegal. A load have been seized recently after a pitbull type dog mauled a little girl to death at home. The owner, her uncle, was connected with some breeder who does the dog fighting thing and they've seized more dogs since. Pity the whole lot will have to be put to sleep. There was footage on the news of an officer carrying a dog out to the van and it was wagging it's tail like the clappers.

There are some other breeds that there are always a lot of. Yorkshire terriers, labs, springers etc...

animal_rescue
01-19-2007, 09:01 AM
mostly pits, labs, labradoodles, pikachu puppies, and more other random types.

Suki Wingy
01-19-2007, 02:46 PM
mostly designer breeds and a few labs

theterrierman
01-19-2007, 08:46 PM
WTH are SnickerDoodles and Pikachu pups?

Around here it's Border Collies, JRT's, Yorkies, and a lot of X-Poo or X-Doodles.

I do sincerely wish that every backyard breeder and miller was put in a cage for three days then given anesthetic (but told they were being PTS) just to see how it feels for approx. 11/12 of their pups

mr.chiwawa
01-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Our local papers wont allow it after a bunch of us got together and petetioned it. We thought if we could do one more thing to deter them then it may help.
chi hugs to all

Jods
01-19-2007, 09:29 PM
ours is Golden retrievers, labs, GSD's, some small toy designer breeds, and we see often white newfies!! :eek:

lute
01-20-2007, 12:10 AM
There are a lot of beagles, lab mixes, and dachshunds.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-20-2007, 12:12 AM
It always changes, but there's usually a lot of Labs, shih tzu mixes, Poodle mixes, Border Collies, Rottweilers, Dachshunds, and Dobermans. Lately there have been a ton of (english) Mastiffs too.

Flatcoatluver
01-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Most of the time its Labs, westies, golden retrievers, poms, yorkies, and lots of mixes. We are lucky that it is very rare if there is designer breeds in the papers.

xcolbi
01-20-2007, 09:00 AM
We get a lot of Lab mixes, mostly black Labs. Lately there's been a lot of Husky puppies, and Shih-Tzu's. But there's A LOT more cat ads than dog ads...

Mostly all of the puppies are free, I've only seen a few ads where they ask for $100.

Giselle
01-20-2007, 08:02 PM
WTH are SnickerDoodles and Pikachu pups?

I'm guessing Schnauzer/Poodle/Lab mixes. I know it can't be Schnauzer/Poodle because that is called a "Schnoodle". A Pikachu is probably a Pekingese/Chihuahua.

Now, allow me to bang my head against the desk. I can't look through the newspaper classifieds without giving myself an ulcer.