PDA

View Full Version : Im new to this board...

TollSettFK
03-26-2001, 07:47 PM
Hi! Im jsut Welcoming myself on to this board because I love dogs and will soon be getting one.You might be wondering what "TollSettFK' means.It means that I will soon (Lord Willing!)be getting a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever,that explains "Toll" and in (sortive!they were crazy I must say!) loving memory of our two firey hearts,our Irish Setters Setters. F stands for Finn,the hopefull name of our Tollar.Im 91 a half percent Irish,so we came up with Finn.And K is for Katie,the only Irish Setter I've known! Well,I just had to tell you about my history with dogs! well,I would love to get to know you on this board a little more,and about your dogs,and your dream dogs!Bye!

------------------
Grace

jackiesdaisy1935
03-26-2001, 07:59 PM
Hi Grace and welcome to PetoftheDay, we are all dog lovers here. Everyone has a different kind of dog. I have Mini Schnauzers
(not Irish, German) One is Perry and the other is Miss Daisy. If you would like to see them, you can look at my website. http://schnauzerville.homestead.com
I don't think I have ever seen a Nova Scotia
Duck Tolling Retriever, Finn does sound like an Irish name all right. Glad you are here.

KYS
03-26-2001, 08:50 PM
Welcome Toll....I read your post
on the dog breed.
I love the name Finney. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

sammi
03-26-2001, 09:46 PM
Welcome Toll! Happy you can join us - its a great dog lovers site.

RachelJ
03-26-2001, 09:56 PM
I love the name Finney as well. The first Cockapoo I ever met was named Finnegan and she was our neighbors' dog. She would come over to our house and I just fell in love with her. I waited for 4.5 years until she had puppies and I could get one. That was my Bailey, my "dog of a lifetime". Finnegan continued to come over to our house to visit and play with her puppy, Bailey. That was a long time ago as Bailey was born in 1981. Sorry to take this long walk down memory lane, but you struck a real chord. Welcome to Pet Talk, Grace. I think you fit right in. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif

Angels3
03-26-2001, 10:15 PM
Hi & welcome to the board. This is a wonderful site with the very nicest people.
We live in Australia & own 2 shelties & 1 tibetan spaniel called Angel (so 'Angels3').
I've just heard from a tibetan spaniel breeder here that she's just got her first 'toller' & she's now going to show that breed as well.

AdoreMyDogs
03-27-2001, 08:54 AM
Welcome, Toll. I think you will find that this is one of the best websites out there, and everyone here is wonderful. I have read about N.S. duck tolling retrievers and they are lovely breeds! There was a description about them in Dog Fancy magazine, and that was the first time I had heard about the breed. They are fine looking dogs with a wonderful personality (according to the magazine). I wish you all the best of luck finding one perfect for you, and I hope once that happens you get some pictures posted of the new pup http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

I have 2 dogs, both rescues. One is an aussie chessapeke bay mix, he was badly abused before I adopted him about 6 years ago. His name is Graham and adopting him was the best thing that I have ever done. My other dog is a new rescue, I just adopted Cassie in September and she's a 7 year old pug. She was neglected. She's so adorable and sweet and cuddly and friendly. I am delighted to have her in my life.

Again, Welcome to the board http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

ilovehounds
03-27-2001, 09:57 AM
Hello, Welcome :0)

You'll love it here on this board I have been here for about a month and have enjoyed it very much !!

My name is Angie and I own a 3 year old beagle and a 4 year old beagle/basset cross you can see them at thier site http://www.geocities.com/the_hound_house

My dream dog is a female german shorthaired pointer that I would name Hunter.

Once again welcome :0)

Corinna
03-27-2001, 10:24 AM
Hi Grace and welcome I'm fairly new my self. Every one here is just great and love there pets(family members) I have a 4 year old English Springer who is the worlds biggers sofa spud (Merlin) I have raised and shown dogs for 30 years. I have rescued, and reabilited at least 10 dogs and kept 5 others. I still learn lots from the folks here they find items that I can't sometimes . Great place for learning. Welcome again and enjoy Corinna

mruffruff
03-27-2001, 01:01 PM
I'm new here too. I have 4 dogs, all mixes. Bear is a Shih-Tsu/Poodle, 10 years old and has diabetes and is blind. Scruffy looks like a small bearded collie, 9 years old, and just had his right back leg removed. Samson is a small (61 lbs) smooth German shepherd, 11 years old. Bella is black chow/lab mix, about 4 years old. I volunteer at a shelter when I can.

I enjoy hearing about everyone's dogs. It's great to be able to share solutions to problems. The pictures are great too.

Smare
03-27-2001, 01:13 PM
TollSettFK,
Hello, and welcome to the board. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif I love Irish Setters. I have a Doberman Pincher named Samson, and a Tuxedo Kitty named Boogie. BTW- I'm Smare (Mary) You'll probably see a lot of messages I posted (I posted a whole lot in the cat sections) http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/cool.gif I'm really glad you are on the board. I'm a new member too. I just signed up yesterday. (Possibly the day before)
Thanks,
*Smare*
--------
Mom of Boogie the cat, and Samson the dog

BoxerLover
03-27-2001, 05:10 PM
Hello! Welcome to the best site in the entire world! I used to want a N.S. Duck Tolling Retriver for THE LONGEST TIME! They are beautiful, beautiful dogs! I couldnt find any breeders though. I turned to a breed that fit me better. BOXERS! I love them! I have a boxer named Nikki. She is a fawn, flashy, 1 year and six month old bouncing boxer! We rescued her from a boxer rescue organization, and we didnt know it, but she was pregnant! Last summer she had six beautiful puppies who now all have loving homes. They are bigger than her now, actually. That was just a little about myself. We all LOVE our dogs to pieces on this site, I visit every day! I hope you enjoy this site! Welcome again!

------------------
~Erika and Nikki~

Angels3
03-27-2001, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by mruffruff:
I'm new here too. I have 4 dogs, all mixes.
too.

Hi & welcome, too. I look forward to hearing more about your 4 dogs. We have an elderly sheltie who is blind, too. It's great you do volunteer work at a shelter. I also help out with rescue. Dogs down on their luck need all the help we can give them.

Daisy's Mom
03-27-2001, 06:40 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Grace! This site is quite addicting. I am the proud Mommy of a 2 year old Basset Hound named Daisy. Enjoy the site! You will fit right in.

Genia
03-27-2001, 06:47 PM
Welcome Grace and Mruffruff! I'm Mom to Bandit a 3 yr old Pug and Jeffrey a 2 yr old Basset/Lab mix. This is a fantastic site and I have learned a lot since becoming a member. Everyone here is great. Sometimes I wish I could invite everyone here over for dinner. That's how "at home" I feel. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Sadie's Mom
03-29-2001, 07:46 AM
Hi: I'm new at this too! Welcome. I am from Nova Scotia so I am very familiar with the NS Duck Toller. My neighbour has two (and they just had 8 puppies)so I get to see them every day. I hope you get "Finn" soon. I have a Soft-coated Wheaton Terrier named Sadie which is also from Ireland! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

Rottie
03-29-2001, 01:33 PM
Hello! I've heard of the Novia Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, but I've never seen one and I don't know too much about them. When/if you get one be sure to post some pictures! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

As you can tell by my sign in name, I have a Rottweiler. His name is Carl and he is 4 years old.

Welcome to Pet Talk!!!!

-Sara

thelmalu99
03-29-2001, 01:47 PM
Hello Toll,
Most of my posts are on the cat board, but I love to "surf" around and read about all of the wonderful pets people have.
Welcome!
thelma

ownerof3dogs
03-29-2001, 02:41 PM
HI welcome I have three dogs you can see them at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1426359

Logan
03-29-2001, 02:59 PM
Hi MRuffRuff and everyone else. MRuffRuff, I used to live in Columbia, and am now in Greenville. I worked in West Columbia at a big printing company there, as Human Resource Manager, before moving to Greenville, five years ago.
Love your dog stories, everyone. Of course by now, the majority of you know, I am mother to Honey and Lilly, two year old Golden Retrievers.
Logan

Maggie's Mom
03-31-2001, 05:23 AM
Hi, Toll!! Welcome, I, too, am new to this site. It is filled with wonderful dogs and owners. Think you will thoroughly enjoy making new friends here. I have a 12 year old Toy Fox Terrier that is the absolute love of our lives!! Again, welcome and we all look forward to hearing from you. Take care.
Originally posted by TollSettFK:
Hi! Im jsut Welcoming myself on to this board because I love dogs and will soon be getting one.You might be wondering what "TollSettFK' means.It means that I will soon (Lord Willing!)be getting a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever,that explains "Toll" and in (sortive!they were crazy I must say!) loving memory of our two firey hearts,our Irish Setters Setters. F stands for Finn,the hopefull name of our Tollar.Im 91 a half percent Irish,so we came up with Finn.And K is for Katie,the only Irish Setter I've known! Well,I just had to tell you about my history with dogs! well,I would love to get to know you on this board a little more,and about your dogs,and your dream dogs!Bye!

Jasper's Mom
04-19-2001, 03:07 AM
Hi everyone, especially our new friends. You'll love the people here. I'm fairly new too but feel right at home. I have a 2 1/2 yr old Golden Retriever named Sandy that I rescued at 6 mos of age from the local Humane Society. I loved him right away, his "style" so much like my IRISH SETTER, Baron, that I had many years ago. He was big and beautiful, warm hearted and loving, filling the whole back seat of my van when we used to go for rides. His parents were champions in Northern California, but he was just our boy. I found that same old feeling when hugging my boy Sandy so I found another Goldie, a wee pup, and named him Moses. He will be one year old on Mother's Day. My 5 yr old kitty Jasper is lost right now but many are looking for him.
Previously I have owned a terrier mix named Sugar, a toy poodle named Tinker, a Siamese kitty named Maile, a tuxcedo kitty named Scooter, my Irish boy Baron, and a cocker spaniel named Nani. Many kitties have wandered into my life in childhood, before the spay/neuter programs, but my mother never allowed a dog. Now I guess I'm making up for that.
I have rescued two dogs. A pup, light colored and with ears like Yoda, jumped in my van door while my boys were fishing at a lake. We pounded the area around, put an ad in the paper, etc...and a couple months later found her a home where two boys had to work very hard and prove to their parents they could take care of her.
My second rescue was a female pit bull mix, sweet and scared, about 3 yrs old. Over 8 months I house broke her and obedience trained her. Two and a half months ago, I by chance met a lady while putting up adoption posters who was looking for a companion for her dog, a Chesapeke Bay Retriever mix. We visited and the dogs got along great. She is now in a happy home and they love her.
And I would do it again.

Baby's Momma
04-19-2001, 09:33 PM
Hello Everyone I just visited my first time today and Love it already . I think it is so neat that there are people out there that LOVE their dogs as much as i do mine.My husband makes me feel abnormal cuz of the way I treat our dogs , I mean he likes them a bunch but not like I do. I have a Boston Terrier named Baby she is the daughter i never ha dtill now that is , she is 3 yrs. old and weighs 12 lbs. she is very small for her breed but she is fisty as a bull, then I have a Boxer Male ,Flashy Brindle if I do say so myself he is the most handsome Boxer I've ever seen his name is Sargent Bubba (Sarge)he weighs 70 lbs.He is actually my Sons dog but they now live with us and have for 2 yrs. now so he's just like mine . Well he's my Grand-dog anyhow. He is so smart and well behaved and so good with Baby while playing he could really hurt her and probably should sometimes, as mean as she is to him but he won't hurt her for nothing. I basically love all dogs but these are my favorite Breeds if I could I'd have lots more if them but I can't .I can't wait to read more of the letters everyone sends in ,I'm hooked talk to everyone later.

Dixie Belle
04-29-2001, 10:01 AM
Welcome aboard! I'm new here too, and so far I love it. Keep us posted about your furkids.

RachelJ
04-29-2001, 02:58 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers. This site seems to attact a special kind of dog lover, not just the ordinary run of the mill kind but the slightly obscessed kind. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif and I love it. I have an example of the difference. Just the other day a lady was taking her West Highland White Terrier for a walk on the sidewalk in front of my house. My dogs and I were out in the back yard. My dogs noticed the dog and ran from one side of the yard to the other and barked their greeting to the Westie. I quickly went to the side of the yard as well so I could see the dog. The Westie looked our way and tugged a bit on the leash to get a better look at my two. The lady kept walking and never even turned her head in our direction. THAT is an ordinary dog lover...has a dog, takes care of it, goes for a walk with it, but doesn't even bother to glance at someone else's dogs. Now I, on the other hand, would not only look but quickly gauge whether there would be any way I could approach anyone with a dog to interact with the dog or maybe engage the owner in a few words about the animal. I frequently head in a different direction than I had intended in an effort to run into someone with a dog, and I admittedly go to PetsMart when I don't need anything, but hope to casually meet dogs in passing. So please don't hesitate to tell us all about your animals, show us pictures, share your worries and concerns as well as boast of your pets accomplishments. We really, really are interested.

Jasper's Mom
04-29-2001, 09:14 PM
Oh Rachel], you are my kind of dog lover all right. I also go out of my way to meet up with dog owners and their pets. At times I am thoroughly ignored by the owner. It's usually on the sidewalk, as if they have a deadline and won't pause, just getting the walking job done. Others, with no word from me and at a great distance, will tell me to stay away, their dog being an alpha or just plain unfriendly. That happens a lot on the beach.

I have been driving home and see others in the park near my house with their dogs, but just about everytime I head down there, no one is there. One dog park I tried had nice people to visit with but no supervision, and after repeated trouble with one dog (and the owner ignoring the situation), I don't go there anymore. The one dog park I go to occasionally has great people, and pretty friendly dogs as a whole. I really enjoy it and talk dogs with friendly people, hearing lots of stories about their dogs. It's great. I usually take only one of my dogs at a time unless I talk one of my sons into going. Otherwise, I'm too busy keeping an eye on two and can't enjoy the conversation.

Keep being an obsessive dog lover, for you're in lots of company of the same right here.

willemyn
05-13-2001, 03:00 PM
Welcome aboard Tollsettfk I am also new here from 2 days ago.I hope you enjoiny it because I sure do anyways enjoy
Toodles Willemyn