PDA

View Full Version : Do dogs fart?

M&M's Mommy
01-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Do dogs fart? I've never noticed it before, but lately all of the sudden we'd smell something really terrible and the only explanation is "the dogs did it" :p :rolleyes:

Also, is it normal for them to have a foul smell like that?

Okie, now would you all please stop laughing and start answering my question. I seriously wanted to know ;)

Karen
01-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Absolutely they do!

borzoimom
01-18-2007, 01:44 PM
okay.. I am fine now- I had to pick myself off the floor from laughter- but YES they do...
And not to make more laughter- one time hottie did and his fur moved on his skirt- he looked at his tail- like what the heck was that'?

GreyhoundGirl
01-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Do dogs fart... I thought the question would be do dogs NOT fart. Everytime Jenny wakes up she does a little "bow"-like stretch and has a little squeaky fart to go with it... :rolleyes: Very lady like

dappledoxie
01-18-2007, 01:49 PM
And not to make more laughter- one time hottie did and his fur moved on his skirt- he looked at his tail- like what the heck was that'?

hehehehe Claire's done that before, looked back like, what was that!? hehehe :p

borzoimom
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Cracks ya up doesn't it??? lolllllllll rofl.. ( ouch- no more laughing.. teehee..)

critter crazy
01-18-2007, 01:58 PM
OH YES THEY DO!!! The bigger the dog, the bigger the bang!!!!!! My dogs do it, then they leave the room!!!!

Kittys do it too, just thought i would share that!!:D

GreyhoundGirl
01-18-2007, 01:58 PM
okay.. I am fine now- I had to pick myself off the floor from laughter- but YES they do...

ROFLAMO!!! I never even noticed that comment!!!! :D

Queen of Poop
01-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh yes they do!! And it can be a room clearing experience. My Sasha, such a little lady, the other night on our way upstairs to bed she let loose on the stairs. Well, I couldn't help but howl with laughter. She's looking at me like, mom it's not funny!!!

Freedom
01-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Oh Yeah! Can clear a room fast, too! Some breeds are known for this "asset." Bet it's Missy, from the photos of your three.

Canis-Lupess
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
They certainly do, lol.

Most of the time they are silent but deadly types but you do hear the odd louder fart come from a dog. Same with belching. I've heard both my dogs belch on occasion. :D

Vela
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
LOL sometimes mine do it, and it can be so foul, they give ME a dirty look like I did it then leave the room while I'm left with the smell! I keep a can of Febreeze for the air on my desk LOL

elizabethann
01-18-2007, 02:04 PM
OH YES THEY DO!!! The bigger the dog, the bigger the bang!!!!!! My dogs do it, then they leave the room!!!!

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the bigger the dog, the bigger the bang. Fenway has been known to shake the house. :eek:

I remember one night, my cat Cosmo was lying on his back. The next thing you know....KABOW!! He let out a HUGE fart! He looked as surprised as I was. I couldn't stop laughing. :D

Husky15
01-18-2007, 02:06 PM
LOL! Indeed they do. Belle gets scared when she does sometimes...

Muddy4paws
01-18-2007, 02:22 PM
mine do, Meg runs like the wind when she does it! it scares her so badly :D

lute
01-18-2007, 02:24 PM
YES! Gracie is the big farter of the family. There have been many a time on our way to dog shows where we had to pull over and get out because of her gas! :o

Anita Cholaine
01-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Oh, yes they do! Anita always runs away after doing it, it seems that she doesn't like the smell :p

lvpets2002
01-18-2007, 03:11 PM
:) Yes they do & so do cats.. I know when I have company over I at least say its a cat farting.. :D

Daisy and Delilah
01-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Delilah has the silent but very deadly type and Daisy has the silent but not deadly at all type :)

YES!! Dogs certainly do fart :)

GreyhoundGirl
01-18-2007, 04:56 PM
:) Yes they do & so do cats.. I know when I have company over I at least say its a cat farting.. :D

hehe... go ahead, blame the cats... :D

Reachoutrescue
01-18-2007, 05:00 PM
My Scruff farts all the time!! Then he walks out of the room!! What a goof!

Riptide
01-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Do dogs fart?

YES. Come on over to my place if you'd like a demonstration, lol.

mr.chiwawa
01-18-2007, 05:52 PM

I'm not to sure about that i have a tiny dog and hes got quite a "BIG BANG" to him. My paretns cats normally do it after they have milk. Mister (the chi) does it after playing to hard and then it spooks him like what was that.
LOL :p

Love That Collie
01-18-2007, 07:04 PM
ROFLOL,....hehehehe.
Bailey is the farter around here. Evidentally M&M missed my post about when I gave Bailey EVO or Natural Balance canned on his kibble and I thought I actually had a sewer leak and what was running across my mind initially was "OMG, HOW much is a plumber going to charge!!!".......And then I realized what it was and I looked at him and I said, "Is THAT YOU?????!!!" OMG!! :eek: .......yep it was.

But also M&M your dog could need the anal glands expressed. You'll get one foul smell from your dog IF they do need expressed also.

luvofallhorses
01-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Of course they do! ;) I think any animal and human being farts. ;)

Kfamr
01-18-2007, 07:34 PM
This thread is a hoot! :D :D :D

Yes, they certainly do fart, and burp, and are quite rude about it. Nala has burped in my face before!

Marigold2
01-18-2007, 07:51 PM
I remember our German Shepherd Cindy, when she got older she had terrible gas. It was SBD, silent but deadly. We would look at her and say "Cindy what did you do?" She knew exactly what we meant and she would hang her head down and look so embarrassed. He he. Even though Cindy crossed the rainbow bridge some 30 years ago I still miss her and think of her often.

critter crazy
01-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Rocky has this deal where it sounds like someone just lest the air out of a tire!! cracks me up for about two seconds, then i have to run and hide my face!!:D

dukedogsmom
01-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Do dogs fart?
Do they ever!! Dasher has some of the worst gas I've ever smelled. Be it human or animal. He can literally clear a room.

chocolatepuppy
01-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Do dogs fart? he he, Lacey can clear a room. :D

Alysser
01-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Sassy farts all the time, sometimes the Silent but deadly, most of the time she just lets it rip. ONCE in my face...! :eek: I still smell it too this day.

This thread is really funny!

coco-bean
01-18-2007, 08:09 PM
coco use to do it all the time! LOUD TOO! then she'd look behind her and look back at you like "i think that was you"! Now they all do it...but silently!

Cincy'sMom
01-18-2007, 08:51 PM
coco use to do it all the time! LOUD TOO! then she'd look behind her and look back at you like "i think that was you"!

Sadie does that!!!

Cincy can clear a room. Absolutely they fart!

mike001
01-18-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm on the floor with Bozoid mom here....lol....Lucky you if it's the first time your dog cut you one. Ours will do it when they have too many bones in one day and they can clear the house in 3 seconds flat, that's how bad it can be.

Danegirl2208
01-18-2007, 09:47 PM
LOL they most certainly do!!! Lol...oh man....my 2 can literally clear a room http://www.residentadvisor.net/images/forum/smiley_sick.gif

lisahumphreys882
01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
They definitely do. Although I am quite lucky because my dog doesn't at all. However, he does BURP like no tomorrow. He'll stare right in my face and let out a huge burp. It sounds human-like at times too. It is really funny. It is quite common for dogs to be gassy especially from eating certain foods. Canned food also makes it more likely to happen. I decided to look this up...oddly enough, because I've heard that some dogs are more gassy than others like terriers is one I've heard and this was on a website...

Top 10 Gassiest Dogs
Dog the FART most
-Mixed Breed
-German Shepherd
-Labrador Retriever
-Boxer
-Poodle
-Doberman
-Cocker Spaniel
-Rottweiler
-Beagle
-Dalmatian

Taz_Zoee
01-18-2007, 10:15 PM
LOL :D DJ use to stink it up and thats when we knew he needed to go outside and go poopies.
Zoee has, but not very often. Although, she burps everytime after she eats!!

And I never knew cats did too. Maybe that's what I smell sometimes while I am here at the computer. Because Taz is always up on the desk with me. I thought something (like a rodent) had died back in the corner!!! :eek:

The things we talk about here on PT!! LOL :D :p

Twisterdog
01-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Oooooh, Honey ... you ought to live with an English bulldog. She can wilt plants and kill small birds on the other end of the block!

slleipnir
01-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh god yes...I nearly die when they do

K9karen
01-18-2007, 11:08 PM
ROTFL! As funny as the good 'ole Frito Feet thread!

The first time she let go, Logan scared herself to death and kept looking at her butt AND us!

Now it's a toss up between Logan and John. I'm the innocent victim here, folks!!! :p :D

jackie
01-19-2007, 01:31 AM
:eek: Yes, constantly!

k9friend
01-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Dogs? Fart??? Naaah!

jackmilliesmom
01-19-2007, 04:28 AM
Sweetheart, Jack does not fart for the size of him he blows a room up and takes out any living thing in the room with him. I have now noticed the warning signs though his tail (stump) will lift and this happens about a minute before he blows so I can now escape and open a window on my way out even Millie has copped his signs and leaves too.

Millie walks to the door lifts her tail and lets it out she is a well mannered dog and for this I am very greatful otherwise I would have to walk around with a gas mask.

pitc9
01-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Ohhh Yeah they do!
When I first got Buddy from the shelter, he has gas so bad that once I thought he had pooped in the house but I couldn't find a pile of poo anywhere! :confused: :o Then I realized that is was just gas.... yes it WAS that bad!!

Sierra (the princess :rolleyes: ) burps all the time, I think it's actually a good thing, this way air is getting out instead of possibly causing bloat. She has farted before and it scares her... she quick sniffs her butt, looks around and then sneaks out of the room! :D

mruffruff
01-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Only Samson is guilty at my house! He looks over his shoulder as if he can't believe he did THAT.

I try to keep the odor down by mixing a big tablespoon of plain yogurt in his food. Adding canned food to his diet causes the worst!!! odors. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Absolutely, categorically YES if your name is Archie

TFTpwnsYou
01-19-2007, 09:37 AM
I remember our German Shepherd Cindy, when she got older she had terrible gas. It was SBD, silent but deadly. We would look at her and say "Cindy what did you do?" She knew exactly what we meant and she would hang her head down and look so embarrassed. He he. Even though Cindy crossed the rainbow bridge some 30 years ago I still miss her and think of her often.

LOL! My little TFT does the same thing. If I smell something funny while he's sitting next to me I'm like "B did you let a stinker?" and his head turns away he he puts it down in shame. I feel so bad for it, but it's funny. My other one for some reason either does it, and it doesn't smell, or he goes in another room cause I've never smelled anything from him yet....lol.

finn's mom
01-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Of course, by now...you know that dogs do indeed pass gas. ;) Finn farts and burps all the time. When he burps, his jowls puff out. It's pretty funny. Dudley is the funniest farter, though. He will jump up, get into a really aggressive stance and growl. He gets so angry when he does, it's so funny. He will jump up and stare at his rear end and growl every time. I don't know that I've ever heard Freckles fart. I imagine if she does, she goes outside to do it. She's really ladylike. :)

vinjashira
01-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Snowy does when I give her raw hide.

They don't get embarassed when they break wind do they? :D

Suki Wingy
01-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Niņo does the same!

elizabethann
01-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Sassy farts all the time, sometimes the Silent but deadly, most of the time she just lets it rip. ONCE in my face...! :eek: I still smell it too this day.

EEEEEEWWWWWW....SASSY!!! :D :eek:

labmomma
01-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Fart??? Yes, that and more!!! My two Labs can clear out the family room quicker than yelling "fire." I feed them a high quality dog food but that doesn't seem to "clear up" the situation. They crack me up because they look around like "what'd y'all do" and then go back to sleep. They are totally oblivious to the damage they've done. LOL
Labmomma X 2 :(

dogzr#1
01-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Oh gawd do mine fart! Molly farts...a lot. Most of the time hers are silent, but sometimes hers are just as loud as people farts. :p Boy do they smell too!

Astra's smell like sewer and stay around forever! I know it's nasty, but it's the truth.

Prince doesn't fart AS much, but when he does...*dies*. You can usually tell when he's going to fart though, at least when you're touching him. His stomach starts to rumble and then...yeah.

Such a funny thread! :D

Miss Z
01-19-2007, 04:57 PM
This thread is making me LMAO!:D :D I believe the answer to the question is definitely a YES!

freckledimple
01-19-2007, 08:12 PM
My Gypsie (rainbow bridge), a Great Dane, was the worst about gas; front and back. It only got worse as she got older. We learned not to feed her Dog Chow :D . Though, size of the animal definately does not determine the size of the stink :eek: . I have a little 4 lb. cat that has the WORST gas. Unfortunately, I found this out when she was laying on my chest with her hiney tucked under my chin :eek: :D . I thought I was back in basic training in the gas chamber. Needless to say, I keep her hiney far away from my chin now.