PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Biggles has 6 K9 teeth o.O

king2005
01-18-2007, 11:32 AM
I was shaving Mr. Biggles some more last night (doing a little at a time not to over stress him... only have his legs left to do now) & when I was doing his chin, I opened his mouth to take a peak at his teeth. The bugger has 4 K9s on his upper jaw :eek: The extra ones are infront of the normal K9s & they are a bit smaller, but still pretty darn big!!! His lower K9s fit right inbetween the top ones (he has an under bite)... Silly thing

borzoimom
01-18-2007, 12:02 PM
ohoh- how old is he??? You might want to run by the vet. Canine teeth if retained puppy will shorten the root of the adult teeth..

king2005
01-18-2007, 12:24 PM
ohoh- how old is he??? You might want to run by the vet. Canine teeth if retained puppy will shorten the root of the adult teeth..

Hes 8yrs old :)

Don't think there is anything to worry about :D

I need to type up a signature with my new doggies stats as so many have no idea I have 2 doggies :P

dappledoxie
01-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah I hadn't realized it before, my vet either, with Molly, she's got a retained puppy tooth so once we know it's ok for her to be spayed she'll have it removed, just in case.

That's pretty neat about the teeth, if they aren't tiny maybe they are extra teeth, as long as it doesn't bother him and your vet says it's ok. :)

king2005
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah I hadn't realized it before, my vet either, with Molly, she's got a retained puppy tooth so once we know it's ok for her to be spayed she'll have it removed, just in case.

That's pretty neat about the teeth, if they aren't tiny maybe they are extra teeth, as long as it doesn't bother him and your vet says it's ok. :)

It doesn't look like a puppy tooth at all. Its an adult tooth... hehe