PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 195-Just how cold is it?

RICHARD
01-17-2007, 11:33 PM
It snowed today in Malibu!
close the doors and stoke the fireplace.....It's hot choco, bailey's and marshmallows....... :eek:

DONE!

davidpizzica
01-18-2007, 01:59 AM
RICHARD, snow in Malibu? WOW! that's COLD for California. In Pittsburgh, it's 23 degrees with an inch of snow on the ground. Pass the HOT chocolate over here and make it heavy on the marshmallows and Bauileys! No Mario, don't dump 'em on me!!

Killearn Kitties
01-18-2007, 04:53 AM
Well, I couldn't get to work this morning! I honestly did try. Started snowing just over 3 hours ago and it hasn't let up yet. Of course, it wasn't forecast to arrive quite this early, none of the roads have been gritted because it hasn't been cold yet this winter. We have a lovely little winter wonderland outside the window!

So it's by the fire for me with a Baileys and a coffee!

trayi52
01-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Richard, isn't it kind of strange to be snowing in Malibu? I mean I don't think I have ever heard of it snowing in Malibu before! Sounds kind of spooky to me. :eek:

I'll take the hot chocolate and marshmallows, its cold here, but we haven't had any snow yet.

Willie :D

DrKym
01-18-2007, 07:05 AM
It is 30 even here no snow yet and Pass the cocoa no marshmallows for me please!

Mario stop trying to stuff those mallows into your mouth all at once! Silly boy! :eek:

Maresche
01-18-2007, 07:10 AM
It's been in the high 20s/low 30s during the day and low teens at night.

We've got about 1 inch on the ground, but are expected to get socked with more snow tomorrow. 6-12 inches! I love the Snow Belt!

Can I just get a cup of coffee this morning? It is so hard to get out of bed when it gets cold.

Randi
01-18-2007, 07:15 AM
KK, what a nice? surprize, it sounds like a wonderful view you have, and can work from home anyway, right! :) It certainly has been the warmest winter in many years on our latitude! They promised snow here on monday, and we may get it early too - and then a hot cocoa would be perfect. For now, I'll go and make some coffee.

critter crazy
01-18-2007, 07:18 AM
hmmm.....we are having a high of 28 today!! Heat wave!!! come on everyone, lets get out those bikinis!!!:D

RedHedd
01-18-2007, 08:37 AM
I heard about the snow in Malibu while driving home in blinding sunshine yesterday afternoon. Albeit it was still cold outside. I think it will make it up to the mid-50's here today with more blinding sun. So, are the surfers in Malibu using their boards on the snow?

I'll have a hot chocolate with extra marshies to go please. :cool:

lvpets2002
01-18-2007, 09:15 AM
:eek: What & Now I have heard it all.. Snow In Malibu & Texas the same day!! Oh yes as I am shivering a Nice Hot Choco, Bailey's with marshmellows sounds good.. Come on Mario & go get those mellows.. Mario my Bailey's is sweet enough & you dont need to keep sticking your fingers in the Mug..

Logan
01-18-2007, 09:27 AM
When I saw Malibu this morning, on the news, with 3 inches of snow, I was astounded!!!!!!! This weather pattern is crazy, crazy!!!!!

We are cold now, after a week or so of 70 degrees or so. It is a bit icy, but not horrible.

I'll take something warm, Bartender, please!!!

Logan

slick
01-18-2007, 09:39 AM
What??? Malibu....snow???? That's just insane....insane, I tell you. :eek:

We woke up to a some more snow too....not much but enough to reek havoc on rush hour traffic.

Work is really busy and I don't have much time for Pet Talk anymore except for a few minutes in the morning. Yes, something warm please to start my day off right.

Why can't I just stay in my nightie and crawl back in bed??? I'm so ready for Spring.

wolflady
01-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Goodness! I can't believe Malibu got snow! That must have been quite a site. The only time we got snow here was a few years ago when my parents lived in Morgan Hill. They lived in the foothills pretty high up, and it got cold enough that they got snow. It was neat because driving around the bay area felt a bit like Denver perhaps, seeing snowcapped foothills all around.

A hot cocoa with baileys and lots of marshies sounds just wonderful. To go please!

catland
01-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Its just about freezing here. We still have some snow on the ground here but it should be going away by this weekend. If you can spike that hot cocoa with some Baileys, I'll have a round.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-18-2007, 12:24 PM
It snowed today in Malibu!
close the doors and stoke the fireplace.....It's hot choco, bailey's and marshmallows....... :eek:

DONE!
:eek: Just where do you think you are ... KANSAS? :eek:

Pass the hot chocolate while I try and figure out how on earth to get this sleet/ice stuff off my steps and sidewalk before the next storm hits on Saturday.

I've tried salt... no go!!! I'm thinking about putting hot want on it to loosen it up, then scrape it off and dry it with towels. I want OUT OF HERE!!!

Randi
01-18-2007, 01:25 PM
MOFF, if salt doesn't do it, you just may have to empty cat litter all over the place. :eek:

Slick, please don't stress, sit down and get yourself a cup of hot cocoa with the rest of us - your Bailey should spiff it up. :)

Stay safe everybody!

cassiesmom
01-18-2007, 01:54 PM
well ... today's forecast high in Chicago is 32 degrees ... I was thinking I should buzz through the car wash because it's going to be below freezing the next several days. Mario, I'd like peppermint Schnapps in my hot chocolate instead of Bailey's, please.

lvpets2002
01-18-2007, 03:05 PM
:) Oh My No No Mario = cassiesmom said she wanted Peppermint Schnapps &&& not Pepper in her snout.. Mario get your foot out of the Bailey's..

momoffuzzyfaces
01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Well, the salt didn't work. I did get the top step and half the second and half the bottom one clearned before I pooped out. So, I took Randi's advice and put kitty litter on the ice on those two. I didn't have enough energy to even get to the sidewalk. :eek:

cassiesmom, I had to grin at you wanting to wash your car and it being 32 degrees. My step mom did that once and got frozen in the car! She couldn't get any of the doors open or the windows rolled down. My dad had to open the doors with a blow torch. I voted for leaving her in there myself! :D :D

More hot chocolate please? I'm freezing and my arthritis is really aching. Teach me to go outside and play in the ice!

Hi, Mario! What have you been doing today monkey boy? :D
Well, bless my heart, my neighbor boy is out there shoveling my walk!!! :eek: :D
I plan on paying him really well!!! :D

cassiesmom
01-18-2007, 04:04 PM
:) Oh My No No Mario = cassiesmom said she wanted Peppermint Schnapps &&& not Pepper in her snout.. Mario get your foot out of the Bailey's..

Ahchoo ... Mario, please ... that was peppermint Schnapps ... Ahchoo ... never mind - could I just have the cocoa?

lvpets2002
01-18-2007, 04:10 PM
:) Settle down Mario she didnt Ahchoo on you.. She also stated she wanted cocoa && not more snowwaa.. Boy howdy Monkeys cant live with or without them.. :rolleyes: :D
Ahchoo ... Mario, please ... that was peppermint Schnapps ... Ahchoo ... never mind - could I just have the cocoa?

Karen
01-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Once you get free, get yourself some de-icer. There is stuff that's lawn-safe (unlike salt) that you can buy and keep on hand.

I've made a big fresh batch of hot cocoa, have the cinnamon shaker handy to sprinkle on the top if anyone wants, and have a pot of blueberry tea in my antique blue Wedgwood teapot.

Storm headed our way tonight, we'll see what the balance between snow, rain and ice ends up being!

lvpets2002
01-18-2007, 04:36 PM
:) There ya go Mario go play with Karen's cinnamon shaker.. But leave her Blueberry tea maker alone.. Speaking of storms we are too have round 3 of the freezing rain & ice again.. All within 1 week.. Mother Nature wants to for sure get rid of the flies & bugs this year.. :o

RICHARD
01-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Storm headed our way tonight, we'll see what the balance between snow, rain and ice ends up being!

Youd figure we would get the ran and ice out here!

You pour I'll serve?

How's about some banana cake I made?

DONE!

LP....

I have had the worst case of the flu for the last two weeks.....no more illness!

Some choco....done!

CM...
Some cocoa? DONE!

MOFF,
Some aspirin and a hot choco!

DONE!

Donnaj4962
01-18-2007, 04:38 PM
mmmm. hot cocoa and some baileys. sounds wonderful, although I am still at work, the day is officially over. It is cold here in Indiana, but no snow or ice as I have seen many of you got.

There was a prediction for sleet and freezing ice last weekend, but it just rained. They even thought that we could get an inch of snow.... never happened. Some of the rain did freeze over, but nothing terrible. Of course, one of our local weathercasters has a broken arm.... from falling on the ice! Wonder if he even HEARD what he had predicted!

More Bailey's please!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-18-2007, 04:50 PM
oooo oooo oooo and some banana cake too, please? :D
Before Mario finds out and eats it all!!! :eek:

RICHARD
01-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Randi,

HI..
What would you like to drink?

CL,

Hot cocoa and a bailey..DONE!

WL,
An HC, With Some B and some marshies?

Done!

Hey Slickmeister..

Working and no time is better than no work and all time!

Yes, It is insane....I think it's Armageddon.....

An HC? DONE!

Logan,

How's about a brandy?

DONE?

CC,
Bikinis?

As long as I don't have to wear a speedo!

DONE? :eek:

RH,

Some chocolate and sunglasses? :cool:
DONE!

Maersche..
One cafe!

DONE!

DR. G

One hot choco...DONE!

KK,
A snow day for you!
My motto about missing a day at work?
It will be there tomorrow. ;)

Baileys and coffee..
DONE!

Tray, Hot choco and Marshies?

DONE!

David...

One hoc choco and a warm day?

DONE!

Donna,

It's cyber Baileys so drink up!!

DONE!

MOFF, yes you can have some cake!

DONE!

Baileys and coffee

Edwina's Secretary
01-18-2007, 05:42 PM
I have a 6:20 am flight tomorrow....will it snow tonight or will I get home?????

Something to help me get to sleep early barkeep? Or perhaps something to help me wake up at 4:30 am?

GreyhoundGirl
01-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Jenny's diary of today

1) froze my tail off jogging at -29 with a windchill that put it at about -35 :eek:

2) Was asked to walk through 2 feet of snow and somehow pee in it. Which is very hard, might I add.

3) arived home and was thirsty, only to realise Michelle filled my dish with cold water. :mad:

4) decided not to drink the cold water but decided to get a snack.

5) stole a marshmellow from Michelle's drink :)

6 ) got scared and yelped when the marshmellow wouldn't break or act as if it was being chewed on at all. :rolleyes: Yikes! :eek:

7) After a long day I finally got to relax in front of the fire... and that is where I will continue to lie... <sigh> warmth at last... :)

cyber-sibes
01-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Snow in Malibu??? Hey, what about a little snow here in Ohio? We're starting to get a little frozen rain. The dogs are so happy, they're sitting outside in it, hoping it'll turn into snow.
May I have some of that hot chocolate...hold the marshmellows? And lots of cinnamon, and a piece of that delicious-smelling banana cake?

RICHARD
01-18-2007, 11:42 PM
I have a 6:20 am flight tomorrow....will it snow tonight or will I get home?????

Something to help me get to sleep early barkeep? Or perhaps something to help me wake up at 4:30 am?

How's about a cafe and bailey's and a red bull and vodka?

DONE? have a safe trip.

GG,

A warm spot by the fire?

DONE!

CS,

Hot choco with cinnamon and cake!

DONE!

gini
01-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Banana cake? Richard - you are wonderful!!

I would love some cake and a blueberry tea!

The weather - well at least we have some in California - and that is unusual.

Sara, get home safely!

Moff - stay inside - and bless that neighbor of yours!

lbaker
01-19-2007, 07:18 AM
WAKE UP SARA!!! CALL THE AIRPORT FIRST!! But of course being the world traveler that you are you know that... safe trip please. Love to all ~ Any bandana bread left? I love it toasted the next day with butter. Banana bread with home made apple butter is yummy too :cool: As a matter of fact I found some ripe banannas here in the kitchen so maybe a second loaf would not go to waste. Looks like it's going to be a looong weekend for many. I'll throw a few more logs on the embers and get the fire stoked up. Look at these sleepy heads cuddled on the couch Mario. We must be vewwy vewwy quiet this morning. shhhhhh

Maresche
01-19-2007, 07:52 AM
We got a dusting of snow last night and are supposed to get dumped on between this afternoon and tomorrow. More than 12 inches total. I'm glad I hit the grocery last night and the snowblower is finally working.

Lake Effect--Love it or Move!

We made up some Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles last night if anyone is interested in a chilly but low-fat treat.

catland
01-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I'd love some bandana bread.

true story - a few weeks ago I decided to make some banana bread - I'm not normally the domestic type - I'm not sure what came over me....

anyway, I got out my seldom used can of baking powder - how seldom used you may ask? The expiration date was 1987. :eek: :eek: (I used it anyway :rolleyes: )

I'll put on some coffee.

gini
01-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Hmm, bandana bread - well, Julie, I did notice that it had an unusual texture:D

Good morning everyone - I would love a hot coffee with some Bailey's this morning.

It's kinda quiet in here this morning. Maybe if I offer to make breakfast it will bring in a few more.

Scrambled eggs
Hash Browned Potatos
Crispy Bacon
Fresh squeezed orange juice

Any takers?

lvpets2002
01-19-2007, 11:19 AM
:o Well that woke up Mario.. Wait for me Mario & yes breakfast sounds good.. Just dont let Mario have it first..

Killearn Kitties
01-19-2007, 11:32 AM
That breakfast sounds very good, Gini! I'll take one of them. Hope Sara made that flight. All our sudden snow has gone now, and getting to work today was no problem. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that.

gini
01-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Hey, has anyone seen Richard? Last time I saw him he was having a bit of a tangle on another thread - not 15 minutes ago.

If you see him bring him over here and I will fix him a breakfast too.

It is just a beautiful day here - 58 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

We need to get everyone's mood back up and running happy!

Killearn Kitties
01-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Oh what's he like? Well he better not come here and start trying to cause trouble. heeheeheeheehee Great breakfast, Gini, would make anyone feel better! ;)

RedHedd
01-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm confuzzled. Bandana bread and mellow marshies? What are we smoking this morning? :confused: :D

If there's some banana bread left I'll have a slice with some hot cocoa with LOTS of marshmallows. It IS warming up here today; it might even make it up to 60! Yippee!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Moff - stay inside - and bless that neighbor of yours!
Bless him? I sure do. The way our winter is going, I'll be paying for his first year in college!!! :D

I did get to go restock today because of him. We are to get 2 to 4 inches (at least) of snow tomorrow afternoon and evening.

Richard your cake was yummy!!! :D

TamanduaGirl
01-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Mario is a poor influence on Pua she stuck pepper up my nose last night. Long story but short version is she had a lick of cayenne pepper then came over and licked up my nose. It did burn a little.

Coco for me and some tea for Pua. and I'll try some cake but if it's got icing we need to keep it out of Pua's reach so she doesn't step in it and track it all over. Been there done that with a slice of birthday cake.

It's over cast today was clear the last couple days but there's still snow everywhere. Roads are clear though. :eek: Someone just drobve by with their window half open. It's way to chilli for that.

RICHARD
01-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Coco for me and some tea for Pua. and I'll try some cake but if it's got icing we need to keep it out of Pua's reach so she doesn't step in it and track it all over. Been there done that with a slice of birthday cake.

Coco and tea? DONE!

MOFF,

I'll work for you!

LOL, It started out as banana cake, then bread then bandana bread!

RH..

Sorry about poking fun...banana cake and HC? DONE!

KK,

Glad you are home safely.

Gini,
THanks foir Brekkie...that was good!

CL,

My pantry is 90's dated...

You are not alone!!

DONE!

LP, it's your turn to babysit! ;)

Maresche.

What is it with cold weather and ice cream...I was laughing because it was 56 degrees out and the ice cream truck was rolling outside! :eek:

Thanks!

LB, SO you are the one that started with the bread!

Oh, O.K. I'll give it a try...

DONE! :D

Edwina's Secretary
01-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Put another up for me! I am finally home....Seven hours late. I made the flight...no snow. We took off on time.

I'll shorten the story. Anyone every experience a one-engine emergency landing back at the originating airport????? All the fire trucks and stuff?

Ugh.....

I am going to have some non-cyber alcohol.......

p.s. am I the only one who puts chocolate chips in my banana bread?

Cinder & Smoke
01-19-2007, 08:51 PM
We took off on time.

... a one-engine emergency landing back at the originating airport?????
All the fire trucks and stuff?

OMG! :eek:

Usually your ticket price Includes TWO or more engines!

Maybe somebody's check bounced and they told the pilots to turn one off?

Another chapter for your Book!
Breathe DEEPLY now!

;)

gini
01-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Sara, and to think that I was miffed because United dumped us at a far away gate in L.A. and then sent us to another terminal like a herd of cattle to collect our luggage with dozens of flights on the baggage ramps. The flight was on time, but it took hours to get away from the airport.

Very happy you got home safely - and here's a good strong one for you!

Killearn Kitties
01-20-2007, 06:43 AM
OMG, Sara, I am so glad to see you are home safely! Not a very pleasant experience! Seven hours late - and I'll bet the pilot didn't even buy you pizza this time.

I'm sure that Karen can add some chocolate chips to the banana bread. Is that the famous Uncle Mac's recipe you are using, Karen?

davidpizzica
01-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Sara, I'm so glad you're back on earth safe and sound! I'm hoping my trek east to Connecticut to see Moosmom and Karen and Paul is free of trouble! Any hot chocolate and bandana bread left? I love the chocolate chips in mine. Mario! one marshmallow in your mouth at a time!

Randi
01-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi Sara, it's good to see you back in one piece! :) I'll personally pour something stronger in your cocoa, so sit down and relax now! :D

Were you on a United flight? Next time, tune in to channel 9 and you'll hear the conversation on the flight deck with the tower. ;)

RedHedd
01-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Next time, tune in to channel 9 and you'll hear the conversation on the flight deck with the tower. ;) Ooh! Now THAT would be fun! Eavesdropping! :) Glad you're home safe and sound, Sara. I hope the E's treat you well today.

Edwina's Secretary
01-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I wasn't on United but I am not sure that is a conversation I would want to listen in on! Somethings are best not known..... ;) ;)

TamanduaGirl
01-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Sounds fun since no one was hurt aside from the major delay, but i'm weird that way. I've never had chocolate in banana bread but it sounds good.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-20-2007, 01:19 PM
MOFF,

I'll work for you!

LOL, It started out as banana cake, then bread then bandana bread!

Banana cake - banana bread makes no never mind as long as you don't let Mario pop out of it wearing his thong and a grin!!! :D

How cold is it? It's this cold:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/snowstorm000_1554.jpg
I WANT SPRING AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Killearn Kitties
01-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh but MOFF, that is so PRETTY! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
01-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Oh but MOFF, that is so PRETTY! :D
I always say I'd love snow if we could just train it to stay off the streets and sidewalks!!! :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Hello all,
Sorry I haven't been around in a while. That darn reality keeps getting in the way :mad: . I'd love some of that hot cocoa and banana bread please.

It's sunny but windy and cold here. We've got the fire going and LH made some popcorn. We've got just butter and butter and cheese. :D

cali
01-20-2007, 02:52 PM
we had one week in the that was -46*C to -48*C and the rest of this winter had been between -10*C and +3*C , far and away one of the warmest winters I have exprienced here, normally this time of year -20*C to -30*C is the norm.

Freedom
01-20-2007, 06:33 PM
I WANT SPRING AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm still waiting for Winter to arrive!

catland
01-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Put another up for me! I am finally home....Seven hours late. I made the flight...no snow. We took off on time.

I'll shorten the story. Anyone every experience a one-engine emergency landing back at the originating airport????? All the fire trucks and stuff?

Ugh.....

Chocolate Chips? Never tried it. btw - were the firemen cute? :rolleyes:

Karen
01-20-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm still waiting for Winter to arrive!

Have you stepped outside tonight? Windchills up here are in the negative single digits ... and we're probably just 60 miles North of you ...

gini
01-20-2007, 10:41 PM
My brother mentioned to me that it was a bit nippy in the Boston area.

Sounds like a good evening to stay indoors, by the fire, with some of LH's popcorn and some cocoa.

Pua - keep your silly tongue out of the popcorn, please! And Mario, quit encouraging her!

davidpizzica
01-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Gini, it's not exactly warm in Pittsburgh either! Temperature is 17 degrees now and the wind chill near single digits. Gini, that fire, hot cocoa and LH's popcorn looks SO inviting. Gini I'll save you some couch space right near the fire. Three days and counting until I meet moosmom!

cyber-sibes
01-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Three days and counting until I meet moosmom!I don't know, David...now they've moved the "snow, sleet & freezing rain" forecast back up to Wed. May have to wait one more day after all...of course, they'll probably change it again tomorrow. Maybe it'a time to do a "no rain / no snow" dance? Better fill up on hot chocolate now & get fortified.

smokey the elder
01-21-2007, 08:17 AM
How about some French toast made with Bailey's this AM? It is the coldest it's been here this winter. I saw the first snow of the season on Thursday, about two MONTHS late! :eek:

RedHedd
01-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Well we had firemen at my house this morning and, yes, they were cute. Not a real fire; just someone's burnt toast, however because the BIG building fire alarm went off, I grabbed the cats and exited the building. The cats were not amused and neither was I. Third time this month that we've had the firemen visit. They can stop now!

I need a really strong cuppa coffee now.

gini
01-21-2007, 01:55 PM
RH, that would annoy me too - just because the cats were upset.

I "had" a smoke alarm that would go off every time I used the broiler. It was so annoying to stop everything - drag over the kitchen stool - climb up and turn it off while the whole time it was making that ear piercing sound.

Sounds like that smoke alarm is set a little too sensitive.

Here - have a nice hot cup of coffee - I will get it while you settle the cats back down.

RICHARD
01-21-2007, 07:57 PM

Ugh.....

When I fly I stick to the ships with more than two engines... :eek:

Does flying in a glider couint? :confused:

MOFF,

AND THAT AIN'T NO BANANA IN MARIO'S POCKET EITHER!

LOH.

Naner cake!

DONE!

STE....

Drench Toast with Bailey's? DONE!

CS, Hot choco...
DONE!

RH,
Here's a Giant Urn of Coffee.

DONE..

LOL, Yes, we have no banana bread!! :p

TamanduaGirl
01-22-2007, 01:35 AM
Pua says she was just keeping the ants away from the popcorn. I suppose it's the same reason she clawed into the potatoes tonight.

Anyone for fries?

RICHARD
01-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Pua says she was just keeping the ants away from the popcorn. I suppose it's the same reason she clawed into the potatoes tonight.

Anyone for fries?
LOL, What is it with cats and taters?

Ed loves tea bags and any powdered fruit drink packages! :eek: