PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a sneaky dog???

critter crazy
01-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Duke is a Sneaky dog!! He will try his darndest to Tip toe on our hard wood floors, so I cant hear were he is going! Mostly to sneak into te room where the Kitty food is!! It just amazes me at how good at it he is!! I mean he is just so quiet!! He can walk very quietly up wooden stairs as well!! He is a true Sneaky Dog!!:D

TFTpwnsYou
01-17-2007, 09:23 PM
That is funny that he tip-toes. I don't have a sneaky dog or cat for that matter. They're all loud. lol.

critter crazy
01-17-2007, 09:33 PM
It just Cracks me up how sneaky he is!!! I have never met a dog so sneaky before, reminds me of my kids!! :D

Riptide
01-17-2007, 09:36 PM
If by "sneaky" you mean getting into the trash when I'm not home :p

critter crazy
01-17-2007, 09:38 PM
If by "sneaky" you mean getting into the trash when I'm not home :p
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! more of a in your face kind of sneaky i was refering to, but that is pretty funny!:D

cmayer31
01-17-2007, 09:51 PM
LOL! Frankie is very sneaky! She will duck, walk quietly, and go all the way around the room to get into the kitchen where the cat's food is. I always let her know when I see her by saying, "You're not sneaky, Frankie." She'll walk away as if she wasn't trying anything and then return to the sneak attempt a few minutes later.

At least now I know I'm not the only one with a want-to-be ninja dog. ;)

critter crazy
01-17-2007, 09:54 PM
LOL! Frankie is very sneaky! She will duck, walk quietly, and go all the way around the room to get into the kitchen where the cat's food is. I always let her know when I see her by saying, "You're not sneaky, Frankie." She'll walk away as if she wasn't trying anything and then return to the sneak attempt a few minutes later.

thats exactly waht duke does!! he crouches down and everything, but when i catch him, he acts like he is stretching and looks at me like "what mom?, i was just stretching!":D

Riptide
01-17-2007, 09:59 PM

LOL how funny!

This one time, I was at an agility trial, and one of the scribes' Shelties, Sparkie, was in his little fabric crate. Steve had neglected to zip the opening shut, thinking that Sparkie wouldn't try and get out. Then I looked down and saw a tiny nose peeking out. Then he went back in, then he poked his face out, then went back in, and then eventually had half of his body sticking out, and I informed Steve, who then zipped up the crate. It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen! I'd have never expected it either, as Sparkie is a shy little thing!

Glacier
01-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I have a thief. Pingo steals anything that isn't nailed down. Fortunately, she never wrecks anything, just takes stuff. She has stolen boots, gloves, tools, a camera, cans, toys, bags ect. She hides her stolen loot in her doghouse or under her bed in the house. When she's busted, she acts like she has NO idea how that stuff came to be there.

Flatcoatluver
01-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Zoey will be laying on the floor and will crawl all the way to the other side of the room to get to T.j's food. I always catch her when I hear a crunch, crunch. Zoey will also climb the fence and steal our neighbors garbage and climb back over the fence and chew it in our yard. She is a naughty girl.

T.j will jump on you and sneak a big lick right in your mouth, whenever your not looking you will be punished with a big sloppy kiss!

Alysser
01-18-2007, 05:32 AM
Zoey will be laying on the floor and will crawl all the way to the other side of the room to get to T.j's food. I always catch her when I hear a crunch, crunch. Zoey will also climb the fence and steal our neighbors garbage and climb back over the fence and chew it in our yard. She is a naughty girl.

T.j will jump on you and sneak a big lick right in your mouth, whenever your not looking you will be punished with a big sloppy kiss!

That is so cute! You don't even know how much I'm laughing at what T.J. does!!

Sassy sneaks into the dining room and living room to pee on the carpet. She walks very quietly but sometimes slips, or I hear the jingling of name tags..hehe. :p It's definately spite work.

borzoimom
01-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Ohhhhhh without a doubt! Galina got the name "weenies" because she is a sneak. Even does the stealthy walk to get into something she isnt supposed too.
I have one room in my house that is a " non dog " room. Made that way so I can keep one guest room always clean as people tend to drop by and stay the night.. ( hmmm).. She is fascinated with that room.. tries to sneak by you as you are busy with laundry, or taking a shower in another bedroom bath. One day I went in there for other reasons, and found half the dog bones in there- two shoved under the bed. Now now way in the world can one of mine fit under any bed- obviously hidden.. I can put cardboard up at that door threshold, and the others respect- not her- she will rabbit hop over it.. Also she likes to carry pillows- OURS- and move them around on other beds. And will tip toe down the downstairs from the loft with a pillow in her mouth, with the only sound tip off is flying feet down the hall to take it into another room- you walk in there- she wont have just one- she will have 3 or 4 pillows.. all in a pile.. She is a sneaky little weenies!

elizabethann
01-18-2007, 07:34 AM
What funny stories. Go's to show how smart dogs are.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-18-2007, 08:06 AM
I love all the sneaky dog stories.

Jake is my sneaky dog. He usually isn't too far away from me, but on occasion he will quietly disappear. Usually when he disappears I know where to find him, in the kitchen. He knows he's not supposed to be on the counters, but every now and then he will sneak off to the kitchen and grab something off the counter. Sometimes he can reach a pot holder that was left out, or a napkin. He usually just pulls them onto the floor and walks away from it.

One time Justin made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and left it on the counter. (I was in the bathroom washing my hands and Justin ran into his office for a minute.) By the time I came out the sandwich was nowhere to be found, I had assumed Justin hadn't made it. I asked him and he said he did make it, we then realized that Jake had stole it and ate it.

jackie
01-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Tito is the worst out of mine. When he wants to tricky, he lays down on his belly and sort of crawls/swims across the floor. :rolleyes:

joycenalex
01-18-2007, 06:01 PM
i have the king of counter cruisers living here. he can be very very quiet when stealing food, or food like items, and shredding kleenex is a specality.

wolf_Q
01-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Yes, I have sneaky dogs. Our front room is off-limits to the dogs. The main reason is because I do not want dogs (mainly huskies--they'll run off, Syd doesn't) running out of the front door when opened. Nebo is very good at respecting the "invisible line" between rooms, even if a toy or food is taken in there, he stays out. However, if a guest (person or dog) is in that room he just cannot handle himself, he wants to see them. Often he will crawl in there, in plain view, like if he crawls, we can't see him. ;)

Keva doesn't get the rules yet, she just thinks its a game when I tell her to stay out of that room. She often sneaks in to steal shoes that are by the front door, she LOVES shoes.

Sydney is sneaky, she somehow always manages to steal stuff out of the garbage and take it to her favorite hiding spot. She's a compulsive garbage thief.

Ginger's Mom
01-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Hehehe, I have found this whole thread very funny. :D

Love That Collie
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
I didn't have a sneaky dog until I got Chloe (age 6 months) but she doesn't get far because Bailey "tells" on her every time she attempts to do something she isn't supposed to do. She has a fascination with my silk covered footstool and she will play with it and turn it over and Bailey frantically barks at her and runs back and forth from her to wherever I am at the moment. That brings me and my attention to the scene of the crime telling her "NO" and then she yips at Bailey and goes toward him (with all of his smugness on his face) click, click, clicking her teeth at him. The thing is, she only does this when I'm on the computer and I'd never hear her unless Bailey alerts me to what she's doing. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
01-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Yes- Rita is very sneaky! ;)