PDA

View Full Version : I need strategies......QUICK!! ;)

jenluckenbach
01-17-2007, 06:31 PM
My foster Mystique will be "pet of the week" in the newspaper this friday.

I don't want her to gooooooooooo!!!

She has been co-residing with my own cats for DAYS now and she is a total pleasure to have around. (now that she doesn't caterwall at the door to come visit. LOL )

But realistically I cannot adopt her. As it is I am rethinking allowing Simba to be adopted out (if anyone would ask about him). HE doesn't fit in well here....SHE does!!!

So......HOW do I ward off any prospective adopters? ;) ;)

DrKym
01-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Mention how wonderful she is except for her small litterbox issue..........oh and her use of tennies as a pee spot, but other than that she is amazing! (of course keep your fingers crossed so it isn't really lying...... :rolleyes: )

Kym

Catty1
01-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Ummm....gee, didn't you change Simba's name recently? And it was the WRONG picture! :rolleyes: *whistling innocently*

jenluckenbach
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Ummm....gee, didn't you change Simba's name recently? And it was the WRONG picture! :rolleyes: *whistling innocently*
OH, and don't forget the sex-change operation that was a complete success!! (LOL)

Mention how wonderful she is except for her small litterbox issue
Tee Hee Hee....and that God awful sound she makes at 2 AM. :p

catmandu
01-17-2007, 06:57 PM
A little whipped cream aroud her mouth and the sign Mad Cat should make potential adopters at least a little leary.
But you have to all kidding aside think of Mystique and the fact that she would get more attention in a Furr Ever Home where shes the apple of everyones eye.
I know you will be brave, and do whats best for Mystique.

jenluckenbach
01-17-2007, 07:00 PM
A little whipped cream aroud her mouth and the sign Mad Cat should make potential adopters at least a little leary.

ROTFLOL

Freedom
01-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Well, you could always answer the phone with:

"Hi the cat is gone already; can I help you?"

CLICK! should be the response.

DrKym
01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR you could simply say, that she will be available right after her 4th hairball surgery is done, you have no IDEA how she manges to keep getting hairballs but the puppy population around town is on the decline...... :eek:

AbbyMom
01-17-2007, 09:30 PM
How about

"We're so glad she hasn't shown any sign of ringworm yet like the others."

;)

jazzcat
01-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Maybe try telling them her snot problem eventually becomes endearing. ;) :D

catnapper
01-17-2007, 10:16 PM
"Mystique? I haven't seen her around anywhere recently. I think she was making short order of the couch a while ago. Poor girl has a fetish about destroying livingroom furniture." :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-18-2007, 04:51 AM
Tell them she has all possible diseases on cat-earth :p

jenluckenbach
01-20-2007, 07:22 PM
OH!!! Boo Hoo!!! Mystique got MULTIPLE calls on her. :eek: And so far I have been in contact with 2 of them. She's going to be leaving, isn't she? :(

GreyhoundGirl
01-20-2007, 07:34 PM
How about she drank all your booze? No one would want her after that. ;)

Tell em she drank all your booze!!!! but if she does get a home, it's another one you saved, isn't it?

K & L
01-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Tell them she's already been adopted! ;) There's no way you can let them know you want her? They wouldn't help you out with this? :(

smokey the elder
01-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Tell them she needs to be in a multi-cat household, and be the queen! :p ;)

jenluckenbach
01-21-2007, 08:10 AM
There's no way you can let them know you want her? They wouldn't help you out with this? :(
Of course I can adopt her. No questions asked. But I can't just start keeping them all. I must be getting weaker in my old age. :p

Well, this man is coming sometime today to see her. He sounds REALLY nice. He is 43 with no pets of his own, but he talks about his mom's cats (she is 78) and about his past rescues (one rescue was a cat IN a carrier IN a creek! :eek: ) and about 1 cat he is trying to bring in off the street at his home. He knows the importance of neutering and NOT declawing. So I will let her go if it feels right when I meet him.

Thanks for all the GREAT suggestions though. I really got a good giggle :) .

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Well, it is time for plan B!! Tell Mystique to pee on that man's shoes ;) :D :p

K & L
01-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Of course I can adopt her. No questions asked. But I can't just start keeping them all. I must be getting weaker in my old age. :p

I can't help but smile and think of all the times we've said this! Good luck with whatever happens! :)

rg_girlca
01-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh Jen, I know you would love to keep Mystique, but you know you have to make room for another one who needs you and like you always say, "You loved them first."

I'll be anxiously waiting to hear how it goes.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

jenluckenbach
01-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Well, it is time for plan B!! Tell Mystique to pee on that man's shoes ;) :D :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/laughingsmilie.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/laughingsmilie.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/laughingsmilie.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/laughingsmilie.gif

jennielynn1970
01-22-2007, 12:47 PM
My foster Mystique will be "pet of the week" in the newspaper this friday.

I don't want her to gooooooooooo!!!

She has been co-residing with my own cats for DAYS now and she is a total pleasure to have around. (now that she doesn't caterwall at the door to come visit. LOL )

But realistically I cannot adopt her. As it is I am rethinking allowing Simba to be adopted out (if anyone would ask about him). HE doesn't fit in well here....SHE does!!!

So......HOW do I ward off any prospective adopters? ;) ;)

Hmmmmm... guess you didn't ward off all of them, lol.

I'll trade you Furbee for Simba!!!

jenluckenbach
01-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I'll trade you Furbee for Simba!!!
Tempting but........NO! ;)