PDA

View Full Version : American Idol: Season 6

dogzr#1
01-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Yes, it's that time again! A new season of American Idol has just started! (ok, not 'just' but it was the season premier so...yeah)

Now we haven't heard many 'good' people, so we can't say who we want to win or anything. I haven't remembered names yet, but I liked the girl who looked and sounded like Shakira. Can't remember many others who auditioned and made it. :p

Now, let's talk about the BAD ones! The first girl who went to audition just wouldn't accept that she didn't sing well! I mean she just stood there forever asking "Are you sure" and the like. Then when she finally left she cried hysterically. I mean, I'm sure it's a disappointment but she cried like somebody died. Then the last two people actually thought they sounded good and threw a hissy fit when they got rejected. Many others in between were awful. That one kid that left in the middle of the audition to get water was also really bad.

This year is going to be good. :p

BC_MoM
01-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Ugh, the girl who was like Jewel was just pathetic! It seemed very staged. lol

Flatcoatluver
01-16-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm watching it right now. Can't wait until tormorrow when they have Seattle!

I kind of felt sad for the first girl, she really wanted it. But she wasn't good.

K9karen
01-17-2007, 12:27 AM
I always wind up watching for a few weeks in the beginning, then at the end. I get embarrassed for the awful people who think they're good. Is it just me or were there way too many commercials?

Reachoutrescue
01-17-2007, 12:31 AM
I am so mad! I missed it! I got stuck at work! Stupid work! I am so watching it next week!!!

sirrahbed
01-17-2007, 08:09 AM
I started with the last half of season 5 and have been waiting this new season!! Love, love LOVE the show. :D :D

I also liked the "Shakira" girl but my favorite was one of the last people - a girl with long wavy hair who sang "SOTRainbow"

BitsyNaceyDog
01-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I am so mad! I missed it! I got stuck at work! Stupid work! I am so watching it next week!!!
You don't have to wait until next week, it's on tonight too.

Justin and I always seem to watch the additions and then lose interest after that. I have to admit that I didn't like the "Shakira" girl. Her voice wasn't bad, but I found her way too irritating.

I thought the girl near the end, "the American Idol superfan" (the one with the black eye make-up and black clothes) was hilarious. She made the funniest face just before walking into the room, Justin and I had to pause the TV because we were laughing so hard. She also said "if you can't sing than you shouldn't be here". When she got in there she sure couldn't sing to save her life. Then she got upset and said they had to take her because she has a degree in vocals (or something like that).

I liked the Air Force guy. And The "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" Girl.

TFTpwnsYou
01-17-2007, 09:00 AM
My favs. were the last 2. The vocal coach one I just about died laughing over. That was just too good. Although the #1 American Idol fan I just knew was gonna be bad, cause they always are. Still hilarious though. I only watch the beginning of Idol cause I just love Simon. It's great entertainment....lol.

pitc9
01-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Ugh, the girl who was like Jewel was just pathetic! It seemed very staged. lol

I second that!! She was BAD!
I felt bad for Jewel... I'm sure in a way she was flattered (sort of :o )

It's crazy that they only sent 17 people out of 10,000 from MN to Hollywood!
Hope they find more good ones tonight!

caseysmom
01-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Just a reminder that you on the east coast are three hours ahead...so once people start getting eliminated please don't post that info right away. (I try not to look)

RedHedd
01-17-2007, 11:12 AM
The early episodes are the freak show episodes. I actually liked the guy who was dressed all in red, white and blue - he had a good voice, however he completely blew the audition with that whacky get-up.

I heard on the radio this morning that tonight's show really is a freak show with the judges making fun of people with real physical and mental disabilities. I can't watch when they do that; it's just not right.

I turned it off a little after 9:00 last night as it was just getting boring and painful to listen to the really bad singers.

The Shakira girl was good and that short(er) black girl who was a crack baby - she has PIPES!

elizabethann
01-17-2007, 11:12 AM
What was up with the "king of the forest" from the Wizard of Oz girl? She LOOKED like the lion and sounded like him. That was one strange human being.

I didn't think the Shakira girl was good. She got in because she was hot looking.

I thought the Somewhere Over the Rainbow girl was awesome.

The juggling guy was strange too.

I'm going to miss tonights episode so can someone fill me in?

:)

TFTpwnsYou
01-17-2007, 11:18 AM
^ Ohhhh yeah. The juggler. Now that was such a good reaction to rejection. There was another I almost toppled over moment. For some reason even though it is so wrong I laugh when they are able to make people cry. But I really, really wonder who in the heck says "yeah, you're great try out". It just baffles me.

Lobodeb
01-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm so excited!!! I, personally, hate the first few episodes that show the really terrible people because it's only a ploy to get on national TV and a ploy by Fox to get ratings. Thats why VFTW.com does what they do.

But, as far as the good people, I liked the girl that sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow, too. She was very good. No others really stood out to me.

I thought Jewel was kind of rude, though.

Suki Wingy
01-17-2007, 02:17 PM
ah, the only part I ever watch is the auditions, purley to pick out the Very Best of the Very WORST! I watched about 10 minutes last night between studieng for finals.

CagneyDog
01-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Ick, last nights show was just awful. Everyone was just brutal and Paula just gets worse every season.

KittyGurl
01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
What was up with the "king of the forest" from the Wizard of Oz girl? She LOOKED like the lion and sounded like him. That was one strange human being

I agree with you 100%. She was wacked up and just totally weird.
Season 6 is going to be great. The auditions are hillarious and it's just the season perimire.
What's up with Simon??? He is actually being nice to some people. What happened to the "You suck" guy???

kimlovescats
01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I watched and will watch again tonight. Although most of it is hysterical, I do get very upset when they are so mean to people who apparently are really insecure!!! :(

Daisy and Delilah
01-17-2007, 09:01 PM
What I've seen so far is better than last night for sure!! Of course I loved the guy with the white Chihuahua!! :D

KittyGurl
01-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Tonights auditions were horrible. Most of the people sucked. Settle was a bad city to visit again! :)
The only people I like from Settle was the brother and sister. They were pretty good. I think the brother was so better than his sister. What do you PTers think: brother or sister???

TFTpwnsYou
01-17-2007, 09:26 PM
^ Yup! I yelled in at the b/f "remind me never to visit Seattle!"...lol. Just wow. Had me cracking up. Although there were a few that it's just like "cut them off! cut them off!" And that is why I love the beginning episodes. :D
I'd have to vote for the brother on the 2 that were actually o.k.

critter crazy
01-17-2007, 09:43 PM
All i ever watch are the auditions!! they just crack me up!!! Te mother and daughter tonight were way scary!!!!:eek:

Lobodeb
01-17-2007, 11:35 PM
I was really disappointed at how rude they were being to people who were obviously "special." They made them out to be circus freaks. I'm sorry, but not everyone is born perfect. I used to work at an assisted living group home for mentally disabled people and they really do think they can sing. Humiliating them like that on public tv is just a low blow. But then again, these people are very near and dear to my hearts, so I quickly take offense on their behalf.

Just my 2 cents.

Flatcoatluver
01-18-2007, 12:14 AM
I agree Lobodeb, some of the comments they made were horrible. I really like the young 16 year old girls voice. I also loved the brother and sister. They were both really great!

elizabethann
01-18-2007, 07:32 AM
I caught some of last nights show - not all of it.

I thought the brother/sister were good (the brother was much better than the sister).

I thought the mother & daughter that looked alike were the 2 sweetest people to ever appear on AI. They had a great sense of humor & a wonderful outlook on life.

I didn't catch them making fun of the special people.

Did you see the "I shot the sheriff" guy from last season?

TFTpwnsYou
01-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Yeah. They do get harsh with the comments, but that is what makes it so great. I'm sorry, but people have seen the show, and you knowwwww what you're in for. Even if I had a good voice I'd be prepared for Simon...lol. The mother and daughter one killed me. Made me think the mom was deaf cause wow. How could you say your child was good when they sounded like that? And for the ones who's friends supported them and told them to do it...I'd go home and kill them! (not literally of course). I mean some friends to send you in there to make a fool of yourself. Gosh! I can't wait til next week! :D

RedHedd
01-18-2007, 12:17 PM
The mother and daughter tonight were way scary!!!!:eek: Oh yeah, they were spooky the way they both looked alike (and it wasn't a good look) and, puhleeze! Get a bra! :eek:

Mr. unchained melody was painful but made me laugh out loud, literally.

The brother and sister were both good, but need self-confidence to pull through the rest of the season.

I_luv_rusty
01-18-2007, 01:21 PM
I keep missing it :( When is it Tuesday and Wednesdays??

pitc9
01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
I liked the brother and sister too and I was freaked out by the mother and daughter! :eek:
I hope that was set up and they are not really like that, but I guess you never know! :confused:

Husky15
01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Simon can be so harsh. But usually what he says is true, or we're thinking it, but we just haven't the guts to say it. I find he is a very good judge, though, he usually is right when it comes to their singing, and I love his personality. But I gotta say, this season is GREAT. As soon as I saw the commercials I knew it would be. Some of the auditions are just hilarious. Although, I feel kinda bad for some people when Simon insults them. But the auditions are by far my favorite part of American AND Canadian Idol. Usually I get bored once the auditions are finished, stop watching, and then tune in when they are gonna announce the winner. But some years I have stuck through it all.

All in all, it's a good season so far.

dogzr#1
01-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Last night's show was so funny! They had a lot of weird people on there. The mother and daughter for one. Like Simon said, they could've just switched hairs and they would look exactly a like! But yeah, the brother and sister sounded really good, and it's good they have that competition in them even though they're siblings. Also, 'Red' was just plain...awful. His attempt at Bohemian Rhapsody...gawd. Ok, I know I'm not a good singer myself, but that's why I stay home and just...well don't sing. That was just bad. Sorry Red. I can't remember many others who made it though.

Oh, and that Taylor lookalike/wannabe got on my nerves! He may have the Taylor looks but NOT the voice. Especially his copying Taylor's little smile thingy.

So far we have like 35 people from the two cities they've visited so far. Can't wait for next week's.

dogzr#1
01-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Just a bump for this week's show. I won't say anything about it as some people haven't seen it yet.

BC_MoM
01-23-2007, 08:25 PM
The man who looked like Jesus/Osama Bin Laden was horrible ~ why did the judges all say YES?!?! :confused:

BC_MoM
01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Also, 'Red' was just plain...awful.

'Red' really weirded me out. That's the kind of man that defines "freak".

Argranade
01-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Just watched it,

It was okay, no one sings good at all latley lol, and I say ''AMEN'' to Simon.

joanofark
01-23-2007, 08:52 PM
The man who looked like Jesus/Osama Bin Laden was horrible ~ why did the judges all say YES?!?! :confused:

Ohhh, I liked him!!

I also liked the brother and sister from India (I believe) they showed last wednesday... :)

BC_MoM
01-23-2007, 08:56 PM
I also liked the brother and sister from India (I believe) they showed last wednesday... :)

I agree. They did a cute job. I think the brother will make it further than his sister, though.

joanofark
01-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I agree. They did a cute job. I think the brother will make it further than his sister, though.

Yeah, me too. I think he was better. :rolleyes: He needs more confidence though.

dogzr#1
01-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Today didn't have many good singers. I agree though, that Jesus guy didn't sound that good at all. I didn't think they would let him through. That one guy, Sundance, sang realllly well! I liked him a lot and I also loved his personality. haha I giggled when he said "Oh and if I don't make it and they show this on TV, I bet everyone's going to think 'Oh he was such a smarta**'" or something like that. There was one other girl that I liked a lot. Can't remember her name though XD

Argranade
01-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Why would you people call him a jesus guy?

Just because he has long hair ...

If someone came on there with liberty spikes you would probably call them a rooster.

Danegirl2208
01-23-2007, 10:01 PM
LMAO...that "foot loose" guy had me rolling...hahaha :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Why would you people call him a jesus guy?

Possibly because they (nor I) remember his name and he himself said that people think he looks like him. I highly doubt they meant anything by it.

Anyway, I don't often watch the show but because there wasn't much else on tonight I did. Lol...I couldn't believe a few of the singers though. You'd think/hope that someone by now would have told them that they weren't the best singers and probably not Idol material.

K9karen
01-24-2007, 12:37 AM
The girl who was the backup singer, really scared and shy, was awesome. I hope she builds confidence because she was terrific.

In Seattle..how about the girl named Jordin..whose father was an ex NFL football player? I read that before the season premier, Randy jokingly (?) said that maybe this year, someone with "curly hair" will win..and Jordin just happens to have curly hair!!!

The "Jesus" guy seemed to accept that people call him that..also Bin Laden guy and Castro guy. He seemed to shrug it off. I don't think offense was meant by referring to him as "Jesus" guy. It's just a physical description. I think he looked more like Castro actually.

elizabethann
01-24-2007, 07:22 AM
I thought Jesus was pretty good. He had a lot of soul.

I don't think I need to watch it anymore because as far as I'm concerned, the girl who is the back-up singer has won the competition. I thought she was incredible - better than any other Idol ever. She's got my vote.

RedHedd
01-24-2007, 09:29 AM
The man who looked like Jesus/Osama Bin Laden was horrible ~ why did the judges all say YES?!?! :confused: I agree - he looked scary and sounded BAD.

Sundance was good, but, Dude, get ride of that hairy beard-thing on your chin - UGH! He'd be very nice looking without it.

And the back-up singer with no confidence but a really good voice - WOW! She was great!

RedHedd
01-24-2007, 09:32 AM
The "Jesus" guy seemed to accept that people call him that..also Bin Laden guy and Castro guy. He seemed to shrug it off. I don't think offense was meant by referring to him as "Jesus" guy. It's just a physical description. I think he looked more like Castro actually. [/COLOR] I did too - and not in a good way.

Argranade
01-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Possibly because they (nor I) remember his name and he himself said that people think he looks like him. I highly doubt they meant anything by it.

Anyway, I don't often watch the show but because there wasn't much else on tonight I did. Lol...I couldn't believe a few of the singers though. You'd think/hope that someone by now would have told them that they weren't the best singers and probably not Idol material.

Ok .. I was just woundering.

joanofark
01-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Where did Paula go tonight, and what was she on? :eek: :rolleyes:

slleipnir
01-30-2007, 08:43 PM

I missed that too and wondered why she left

I_luv_rusty
01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
I loved that young girl who lived with her grandma. That last lady wow :eek:
That fat lady was scary, and the one dressed in yellow! JUST HORRIBLE! :p
That girl with the long hair had the highest pitch voice ever. =0

critter crazy
01-30-2007, 08:59 PM
:D God I love this show!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!! the last chick was just out of control!!I did love the girl who lives with her gramma, she was awsome!!

BC_MoM
01-30-2007, 08:59 PM

She had to go back to Hollywood for a family obligation.. what do you mean what was she on? :confused:

I didn't think anyway was really that good tonight. That girl with the looong hair had a nice voice though, and she was really sweet. :)

dogzr#1
01-31-2007, 06:33 AM
I liked that guy with the really poofy/curly hair. He was the last contestant on the first day. Can't remember his name for the life of me!

Not many others stood out, well I mean that sang well. Of course, there was '26' years old, Margaret. That was just nasty...I liked that girl with the loooooong hair too, but her voice sounded like a Gospel/ Church singer of some sort.

I didn't really like that girl that lived with her Grandma. I mean, yeah she sounded good, but just another girl living in the country with a good voice. She sounded like a Kellie Pickler wannabe, IMO.

RedHedd
01-31-2007, 08:18 AM
She sounded like a Kellie Pickler wannabe, IMO. That was my hit on her too - she's this year's Kellie Pickler.

Paula wasn't as loopy as in past weeks and then she wasn't there.

Big Bird was strange; the long haired girl sounded churchy, but in a good way; the guy with the very curly, poofy hair had a good voice, but his whole look just put me off - if he gets through the initial rounds, I'm sure they'll do a Hollywood makeover on him.

No one really stood out for me last night.

sirrahved
01-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Paula left the auditions for a "family commitment" in Hollywood.

I'm rooting for the poofy haired guy. Loved it! Of course... I've always had a thing for nerds. I totally have a crush on Adam from Mythbusters!

My favorite bad person was Brandy. How can you really, actually think you're good when you're that horrible?

I_luv_rusty
02-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Yesterday night... there were some good people! Can't remember names :p But that girl who got her mom to come in was horrible!! :o That old guy who was 64 and did the song for his wife who has passed was actually better than all the people in that city!! I though he had a really good voice, it was sad.