PDA

View Full Version : Home work help needed ASAP.

Flatcoatluver
01-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Ok so here is the assignement

Choose a controversial issue that you feel needs to be addressed immediately. Writing in complete sentences, propose a change in current law or policy. Describe why you feel the way you do about the issue.
My Answer
I feel very strong that animals should be spayed and neutered by a certain age. I feel breeders should have to take a test and pass to have a license to breed. This way we would not have that many humane society and no more healthy animals being put to sleep because there are not enough homes for them. Breeders have to show or perform in the dogs or cats line and they should only have a certain amount of litters. They need to have check ups with the puppies they have found homes for and have interviews with the future owners.

Next part is

Using your researching skills , find out what has been done, what is being done or what is being planned for the future about the issue you selected for the (What Makes You Angry?). Also, find out who or what organization and/or public office you can contact to voice your interest or viewpoint. Writing in complete sentences, report on your findings.
So I have no idea how to start looking for this. Help Please! :confused:

buttercup132
01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Just a suggestion but would it be easier to do it about the Pitty ban? I think you would find more info including laws on it etc and you can do how it's different in some states/provinces/countries.

JUST a suggestion though.

KittyGurl
01-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Maybe you could go on Google.com to search for the answer:)

borzoimom
01-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Flatcoatluver- while I agree with your postition- there is a problem Most tests are not recognized by the AKC which is two years old. To require a spay neuter prior to that time would not work.

caseysmom
01-16-2007, 04:23 PM
It is a law here in California that the shelters cannot adopt out a non spayed or neutered animal.

Flatcoatluver
01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone.
This is soooo frustrating. I can't find anything about this. I had another option as a final, so I decided I won't do this. My other final option is writing about my job and what classes should be required. :) Thanks for the help Buttercup and that's a good idea, except I don't know much about the pit ban, just that it's horrible.

DrKym
01-16-2007, 05:15 PM
In reference to the second part........contact your local breed rescues, they can help you get in touch with several ppl regarding liscencing requirements of kennels, amount of animals allowed on each property, definition by law of what constitutes a breeder in that area. Check several different areas, see how they differ, use that information to see what prompted city councils, and county offices to come up with those particular laws.

Im Yvapai county Az you can have 3 dogs unneutered unless you are registered as a Kennel and/or breeder boarding facility.

In Madison County Illinois its different.

Don't give up on this, your point and original idea are on target and it is a GREAT way to broach the subject and offer education to others. Think outside the box hun, you can do this!

mugsy
01-16-2007, 05:42 PM
I like the subject, however, I'm not sure it "controversial" enough to be able to write that kind of essay. I would also suggest BSL or puppy mills or something like that.

Also, I read your answer to the first part of the question and it was good, however, the teacher in me found a tiny boo boo...instead of "amount" of litters, it should be "number" of litters. But, you can definitely tell that you are passionate about your subject. Excellent that you are willing to speak for those who can't.

mike001
01-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I agree with Goodnow--this is a worthwhile subject to present an essay about. I totally agree that the breeding laws are non existant in this country. anyone who decides to call themselves a breeder and owns a bitch can just turn out litters as they see fit. In germany you can't breed unless your dog has passed rigorous temperament testing and has its working titles. I don't approve of the free for all attitude we take in America, that's what fills the shelters. You could do a lot of educating with an essay on this subject. :)

Flatcoatluver
01-16-2007, 06:40 PM
:) Thanks mugsy. I appreciate the teacher side of you and I will change that part on my essay.

Mike, I wish I could live in Germany for that law. I am trying a new subject just because it might be easier for me.

The only person that will see this is my teacher, so it's not like I will be changing any minds for this final. But I did keep the part I wrote in my documents because you never know when that might come in handy.

buckner
01-16-2007, 06:54 PM
I apologize if I repeat someone, I didn't have a chance to look at all of the replies.

Your topic seems to broad. Animals should be fixed at a certain age, and then also breeders should have to take a test. Focus in on one point, maybe how the poor BYB's contribute greatly to the numerous amounts of homeless animals, or something about animals being fixed. It just seems to broad, too vague. If I were to write about both of those ideas, I'd be writing for 20 pages.