PDA

View Full Version : what pets do you plan to have in the future???

Zippy
01-16-2007, 08:34 AM
What pets do you plan to own in the future???near or far?
Please say what you voted for.

~Cats(I can never be without them but never more then 3)
~Freshwater fish(Bettas mostly I will alwas have 2-3)
~Small animal (small rodent{spiny mice or rats}and maybe a rabbit)
~Reptile(I would love to have a lizard,tortosie,or frog someday but I don't see that happening for years)
My mom is a bird nut so I will alwas be a co-owner of some kind of parrot.She loves Quakers,and Conures the best.I am not a big dog person so I don't plan to have any.I really don't like any other fish but bettas.I love Horses but will never own one.

.sarah
01-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Not anytime in the near future, but hopefully one day ...

More dogs
Cats
Livestock

Kalei
01-16-2007, 09:43 AM
When I have my own house and land someday, I want to own one dog(either german sheperd, Husky, or borzoi) , one cat (hopefully siamese), one rabbit(any breed), goldfish (as usual, lol), and 1 horse (maybe arabian, morab, or hanoverian, or fresian)! I can't wait til that day comes!:)

Pembroke_Corgi
01-16-2007, 09:48 AM
I will always have dogs and cats, but I'd also love to own a few horses. Maybe someday. :)

sheltieluver
01-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Once I get a house again, I plan on getting more shelties (and maybe one corgi!).

Zippy
01-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I thought these would be a fun poll.It is intersting to see what everone picked.
:D

Miss Z
01-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I will always want rodents, so small animals was a definite yes for me. I hope to have dogs and cats too sometime soon, and the day when I get a horse I'm sure will be one of the most memorable days of my life. :)

BC_MoM
01-16-2007, 11:37 AM
I would love to have a parrot. :)

Flatcoatluver
01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
In the future I am getting a poodle, hopefully a guinea pig soon also.

But in the way future, I hope to own llamas again. I loved my llamas. I also will never live without some ducks in my life. Of corse will always have a flat-coat and cats. Can't forget some tropical fish.

Queen of Poop
01-16-2007, 12:20 PM
I want a cat. But I won't get a cat while Sasha is still with us. And my husband's favorite line is "no one likes cats". But I'm working him towards thinking a cat would be a good pet. We shall see.

luvofallhorses
01-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I'd love to have a couple horses someday and a goat. :) and maybe a ferret.

Husky15
01-16-2007, 01:00 PM
I know I'll definitely have dog(s), cat(s), and bird(s), and most likely other small animals. And I can see myself having freshwater fish (I love saltwater fish but I think it would be more money), and possibly livestock. And having a reptile would be nice too.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-16-2007, 02:38 PM
In the near future (next year) I am getting a Toller, and that'll be it for dogs for me probably until Tango is gone (so about 10 years from now, I'm guessing). I dont really want more than two dogs at a time until I have bought my own house and such and I'm not sure when that will be. In the far off future I'll have more Tollers, hopefully a Belgian Shepherd (Groenendael or Terv) at some point, and hopefully a Border Collie or an Australian Shepherd at some point aswell. Tollers are for sure though - I know I'll have plenty of them in my lifetime.

There aren't really any other pets I'd like to own besides dogs. I'll always have dogs - they're pretty much my life. I'd love a cat someday, but can't see that ever happening because half my family is allergic and they'd never be able to visit.

IRescue452
01-16-2007, 03:58 PM
I hope to have the money and time for any of those some day. I will always have housepets, but livestock would be great. The only for sure thing is my continuing growth in the fish business. I hope to have room for midas cichlids especially. They need 75 gallons per fish though and I just don't have the means for that right now.

Kfamr
01-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Who knows what the future brings, but I know I do not want to go without atleast one dog in my lifetime. :)

I don't currently have any interest in having any other animals.

Chilli
01-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Everything on the list aside from livestock. =D

xcolbi
01-16-2007, 05:36 PM
I want to have either a Labrador Retriever, a Border Collie, and Australian Shepherd, a Siberian Husky, or maybe just all of them :p At least 1 horse for sure! Maybe a cat, and maybe a snake. ;)

Suki Wingy
01-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Near? Fish and horse. Far? every one on that list except saltwater tank.

DrKym
01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
You didn't have an option for our future pet......anything that has a job and will walk the dogs at 5 am!

However, since we already ahve all that is listed, I would have to say at my age and health right now the only thing I would really consider as an OURS not a foster etc would be more fish. ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
01-16-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd imagine we will always have dogs, cats, birds, rodents, and reptiles in our house. We'd go crazy without them. We plan on getting goats and chickens in the future.

I don't see fish in my future. I enjoy watching them, but they're not the pet for me.

Danegirl2208
01-16-2007, 10:45 PM
For now i would say just dogs...though I would LOVE to own horses, i know that that most likely will not happen...and I couldnt imagine myself turning down any cat in need.

wolf_Q
01-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Definitely dogs, I can't imagine my life without dogs. I've never had a cat, I would love to have a cat someday. I have one betta now and I may have more in the future, I doubt more than one or two though. I don't want any other fish, and I'm not that interested in any small animals/reptiles/birds...I think they are cute, but they aren't really the pet for me. If I had land and plenty of money/time to spare I would consider a horse and some goats.

cyber-sibes
01-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Definitly another dog.
I've always loved birds, and grew up with parakeets and canaries. I would love to have birds again one of these days.

Marigold2
01-17-2007, 09:17 AM
My daughter and I are extreme animal lovers. I would have more cats, bunnies and a dog but my husband says NO. It is a consent with us.

critter crazy
01-17-2007, 09:18 AM
I want to have a 75gallon Salt water aquarium some day, as well as many Livestock animals, I want pigs, cows, goats, horses, and a couple mini donkeys.
I would love to add some birds indoors as well, definitely a parrot, and a few smaller birds. as well as a few lizards. I would love to have a ferret or two as well. Most of these animals wont happen until the kids are older.

Giselle
01-17-2007, 08:50 PM
I must be the only loser who planned this all out :p

In the (hopefully) near future, I plan to get a Dobe, start my Peke kennel, more greys, 'zois, and maybe a Silken Windhound to top it off. As for birds, I've been longing for a Patagonian conure and a Greenwinged Macaw for the longest time. I've always like cats, but I honestly can't see myself with a pack of sighthounds, a large parrot, and cats. It'd be a disaster.

Zippy
01-18-2007, 08:53 AM
It is nice to see I am not the only nut who thinks about this. :D
Some of you picked animals I would never have guessed you would picked.

lute
01-18-2007, 01:15 PM
small animal- I love rabbits and miss having them around. I imagin I'll have another one sometime.

dog- GREAT DANES! I will have a dane someday! maybe another sibe if I can find a good show quality dark red male with brown eyes. Also many many more rescues!

cat- I'm not a "cat person" but I adore my cat. I'm sure someday when PiddyBob passes, hopefully many years from now, I'll get another cat.

bird- I'd LOVE to have a blue and gold macaw. Not any time soon, but someday.

livestock- Quarter horse, pygmy goats, I think chickens would be in this catagory too. I'd like to have a couple more Silkie hens.

TamanduaGirl
01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
I have lot of things I might get but only a few for sures I will get no matter what some day.

Fennec fox

Goats

chickens

more bunnies

red fox 98% sure my boyfriend wants one and baring some mirracle wont get one till were together so it'll likely mostly be mine

if I put everything the list would be huge of wants :P I'm contemplating a lot for when my situation allows. But really wouldn't have tons

Chinchilla is likely as they are a south amaerican animal for my program
mara/patagonian cavy

mongoose there are a couple species you can get but my state I'll need a special license so would be far off

Armadillo is a strong maybe

Wallabies and deer some day would be nice as I worked with them before and miss them the deer would need a special permit too.

more tamanduas for sure, Pua needs a mate.

Oh and I'd love a pied crow

I'm thinking of getting a ferret then graduatiing to a Tayra. I wasn't sure about them but met a lady that had one and said it was just like having a giant ferret.

I've had frogs before and might again and might try a simple herp like a leopard gecko someday.

cassiesmom
01-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Not technically a pet, but I do hope to have a husband in the future :)

I would love to have a dog at some point in my life. Right now I live in an apartment, and my work schedule is kind of lopsided, so I don't have a dog. But - when I get a house that is safe for a dog, and a schedule that allows me to provide appropriate care and luvvins and such, I might make a visit to the animal shelter and not come home without one. OR - sign up for one of those programs that allow you to adopt a greyhound that has retired from racing, teach him how to be a pet, and spoil him thoroughly. I have a friend who adopted one - she taught him how to sit on one particular sofa where she wanted him to know he can always rest or sleep, and how to let someone share the sofa with him. He also learned how to play with toys and how to request doggie treats. We friends learned how to interact with him and how to help him be a family member. What a great dog.

On the other hand - I've always wanted a couple of kitties together. Cats can function a little more independently than a dog can.

cloverfdx
01-22-2007, 07:23 AM
A Dandie Dinmont Terrier in the next 5 years ;).

cocker_luva
01-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I plan on tons of American Pit Bull Terriers
http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/dog-pictures-breeders-puppies-rescue/american-pit-bull-terrier-pictures-breeders-puppies-rescue/pictures/american-pit-bull-terrier-0235.jpg

Cats
http://www.hsca.net/members/robb/hsca/hsca.nsf/(LkupImages)/2004+CalicoCat/$File/calico+cat.jpg

and Horses
http://www.barrelhorses.com/stallion/pics/pc2a.jpg

Taz_Zoee
01-27-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure we will always have at least one dog and cat in our household. :D

cali
01-27-2007, 06:44 PM
I will always have Rabbits, Birds and Dogs

but I also want a cat sometime, and livestock. I would love a horse one day, but mostly I want sheep for the BCs lol.

dogzr#1
01-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Hmm, some more dogs probably. Not sure what breeds though. A cat or two...or ten. A big freshwater tank and probably a bird or two. Cockatiel most likely.

Alysser
01-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Am I the only one who checked everything on the list? :o

k9krazee
01-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Dogs. I will never go without a dog in my life! It's hard enough just spending the week at school without a dog and only seeing them every other weekend. I couldn't do this as a permenant arrangement that's for sure! We also won't be getting any more dogs for quite awhile, we're content and definitely at our limit!

I love my cats, guinea pigs and gecko but honestly couldn't see myself with them in the future. But I'd never turn down a needy animal....hence the reason why we have these 3 cats, guinea pigs and gecko :rolleyes: