PDA

View Full Version : Bella, Ripley and their houseguest :)

Pam
01-16-2007, 06:18 AM
My granddog, Harlee, came to stay with us over the holidays for about two weeks while her humans (Christiansmommy and family) were away. The three quickly turned into the *3 musketeers* and she felt at home after about the first day or so. (The first day she kept looking toward the front door. :( ) She had some trouble getting used to the Pergo in the kitchen and was slipping and sliding so much that I had to put down an old comforter or two so she could get traction. My two got used to it fairly quickly but Harlee girl is a big girl and the larger they are the harder they fall, or in her case....splat. :eek:

Mealtimes were uneventful. As you can see all three chowed down quite happily together. Harlee eats different food than Bella and Ripley and, of course, everyone wanted to try each other's food. :rolleyes: Here are a few pictures. I hope you enjoy. :)

TFTpwnsYou
01-16-2007, 06:45 AM
I like the second picture. What a perfect decend! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Harlee is so silly in the first picture... looks like she is confused thinking "what's going on?"

CUTE pictures... i can't help but laught to think of that big pupper slippin and sliding around on the floor.. :D

Chilli
01-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Everyone is gorgeous! Its so nice to see all three of them. =]
And glad to hear everything went fine aside from Harlee's little slip and slide moment.
Thanks for sharing!

ramanth
01-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Such a pretty girl!! Is Harlee full grown yet or is she still growing? :D

Daisy and Delilah
01-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Harlee is sucha gorgeous girl. I used to love the pink nosie she had as a pup but losing it hasn't hurt a thing. She's downright adorable with her black nosie!! It looks like they got along great. Bella and Ripley are not only stunningly adorable, they're great little hosts too!! Wonderful pics, Pam!! :) :D :)

Christiansmommy
01-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Such a pretty girl!! Is Harlee full grown yet or is she still growing? :D

Thanks eveyone for thr nice comments on our girl! :) thanks mom for posting pics, I have had zero time ( we are in the process of selling our house and buying a new one.)

Harlee will be 2 in February, but Swissie aren't really fully mature physically and mentally until about 3 years old. So she is mostly about full size, but her chest may still fill out a bit and she may get a bit stockier...she is, I would say, 90 lbs. Her mom was 90 lbs. too. Her father 140. Her mom was on the low end for a female, but still in the limits of a normal size female, her father was on the large sizer for a male...anyway, thanks for looking everyone. One of these days I will have to take the time to download and post some pics of my skin and fur kids!! I do lurk often though...reading everyone's posts :)!!

pitc9
01-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Wow, it's been a while since I've seen Harlee.
I think the last picture I saw of her she still had a little bit of her pink nose! Now it's all gone! :eek:
Glad to hear Ripley and Bella made her feel at home!

Karen
01-16-2007, 10:11 AM
The middle picture is kinda funny - curly, curly, SHINY!

kimlovescats
01-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Harlee is gorgeous ... what a beautiful face! *Hi Ripley and Bella* it's good to finally see you again! *hint, hint* ;)

Christiansmommy - you are selling your house and buying another? Didn't you just buy your home recently? I thought I remembered seeing beautiful pictures of it?

Ginger's Mom
01-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Aw, I love the first and second photos. Harlee is such a sweet, silly girl. What an attractive group of well-behaved dogs. Don't you wish life was always that good. :)

Christiansmommy
01-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Harlee is gorgeous ... what a beautiful face! *Hi Ripley and Bella* it's good to finally see you again! *hint, hint* ;)

Christiansmommy - you are selling your house and buying another? Didn't you just buy your home recently? I thought I remembered seeing beautiful pictures of it?

Kim-We are selling again :) We have only been here for 2 1/2 years...it was new construction...we live in kind of a more built up part of our town, we knew we wouldn't stay at this house for probably more than 5 years...the lot is on the small side and so we were just looking around for our options and found a house only 15 minutes from here, but it is off the beaten track and there are horses nearby and some farms...right now we are kinda right off of a local highway. So it is a nicer setting. The house is actually smaller, but it has a finished basement and has all of the upgrading we wanted to do here, pergo floors, deck, wrap around porch, master bath with soaking tub, finished basement, fireplace etc. and it also has a lot that is 3 times as big this one, with mature trees on it and everything...so while this house is newer and bigger the one we are buying has more quality to it guess you could say...more custom. I live in a Ryan Homes neighborhood now and all the house are similiar, this other house's neighborhood has larger lots and the houses are not "cookie cutter" housing like where we are now...anyway...I bet that more than explained why wew are moving so soon!, lol :) Christian is excited too, b/c it comes with a wood swingset already :) The school is suppose to be a better one too.

Anyway, thanks again for the nice comment on Harlee :) I will have to post some pics of Jeremy ( already 7 1/2 months old and my little preemie is up to 18 lbs!) and Christian too soon.