PDA

View Full Version : Pug Meet-up

Pam
01-16-2007, 06:05 AM
A co-worker of mine is thinking of getting a pug. Of course she knows how much I adore these little cuties so she invited me to go along to a pug meet-up. She wanted to talk with pug owners and maybe even meet a breeder to learn more about the breed. Some of the rescue sites that she has seen say "will be adopted only to someone with pug experience." So, last week we went to this meet-up and it was so much fun. I was in pug heaven. There were probably a dozen little puggilys running all over. There weren't any breeders, just lots of people who were crazy in love with their pugs. I am going to attach a few pictures from this event. It was held at PetsMart. They said the last pug meet-up had 40 pugs in attendance but it was held during the fall and was an outside event. There will be another one in February.

I have come to learn that there are "meet-ups" for many breeds and they can be found online although I couldn't find any poodle meet-ups close by.

Without further ado, here are some pictures. The little cutie with the pink ruffle is totally blind, although you would never know it by watching her. She is owned by the head of the rescue group and stole hearts all around.

Pam
01-16-2007, 06:09 AM
Trying to fix the first two attachments....

Chilli
01-16-2007, 06:47 AM
Thank you for posting this! =D
I've been having a pug withdrawl ever since Marty(our pug foster) went to his forever home. That looks like so much fun... I had always wanted to go to some kind of breed meet-up... with all the adorable dogs running around, how couldn't you have fun? :D

ramanth
01-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Adorable Pugglets! :D

The local Pug group has a St. Pugstrick's Day event at Petco. Pugs in Green. Nothing better. :D

Daisy and Delilah
01-16-2007, 07:07 AM
What a fun event Pam!! I would have been in Pug heaven too! I have a friend at work that has one. We just love it when she brings her to visit. Great pics!! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-16-2007, 07:23 AM
awww so cute!! I love little fat pugs!!! They are so funny! :D

Pam
01-16-2007, 07:26 AM
St. Pugstrick's Day

LOL! LOL! I would love to go to that! What a great name!!! I got to hold a little puggily named Gracie and heard her do a little snort!! :) :)

kimlovescats
01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
How cute ... I love all the little curly tails! :D

elizabethann
01-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Cool....pug pile. Love it. My Niece has 2 Pugs and I'm in love with them (snorting, stinky farts...and all). Vermont has a Pug Rescue group (Green Mountain Pug Rescue) and they sometimes have events in NH. I take Fenway to them just so I can see a plethora of pugs. :D