PDA

View Full Version : Melissa off to her first rock concert....

carole
01-15-2007, 06:42 PM
As a mother i am feeling a tad nervous, my 14 yr old is off to her first rock concert, in another city, the big smoke Auckland around 2hrs drive from here, she is so excited, it is called THE BIG DAY OUT, and features about 30 odd bands, some local, many overseas artists, she is going to see her favourite performing My chemical romance, and the best part is they are having a sign in tent, which means she might even get an autograph and see them up close if she is lucky.

I know she will be in good hands, as my son Scott and his partner Amber and two of their friends are going with her, but still one always worries, but i am sure she will have a blast, my son texted me the other day saying make sure she has a hat, sunscreen,sealed bottled water and something warm for the evening, i can hardly believe it, but just goes to show everything you tell them does not go out one ear and out the other ,even though you think it does lol.

Anyhow just wanted to share, thanks for listening.

Almita
01-15-2007, 06:46 PM
I know how that is i'm 14 as well and my mother was worried about me going to a concert. It was a nice and small concert, it was in the big city here Phoenix was just 4 of my favorite bands. The best part is that since it's a small concert you get to hang out with the bands and talk to them and have a great time. They are the nicest people i ever imagined. They are so nice and caring. Just what worries my mom is what other people are there, which i know what worries you too. At least she is with people that will watch her. That's a good thing. I was just with my two friends so it was a bit different.

joycenalex
01-15-2007, 06:47 PM
aw carole it's gotta be hard for you to let your baby to leave for her first big adventure. ..((hugs)).

carole
01-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Oh i am happy and excited for her for sure, i know how much i loved big concerts, but i was much much older when i went to them, still she is in good hands, thats the main thing, it is a huge concert by NZ standards there will be thousands of people there,it is really cool though, they have carnival rides and wet slides and stuff to for them to enjoy, so should be a fun day all around and the weather forecast is looking good, sunny and 23 c not too hot but just right, so fingers crossed, i sure hope she gets to meet gerard way, that would be her dream come true. :)

Yes Almita it is the other people i worry about, the crazy ones, alcohol is allowed to be consumed there too, you just cannot bring it in, it is R 15 but she is allowed to go with a parent or supervising adult.,sure as heck would not let her go alone or with friends even if she was 15 as this is a big concert, prob like thirty thousand people will attend, it is all sold out now too.

Almita
01-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Aww that's good, i bet that will be a fun day. From how you explained it. She will be one lucky girl to meet Gerard Way. I hope she has a blast!

joanofark
01-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm green with envy. I'd kill to see My Chemical Romance perform. (Gerard's a cute one isn't he?) Anyway, I've never been to a concert before, being 13, but I want to go to one sometime!! :)

carole
01-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Yes even i think Gerard is cute, i hope he has his black hair back again though, she is hoping they play most of their old songs, as she is not as keen on the new ones, I 'm not ok, etc, i am sure they will, bands usually do, yes well it is the only reason we agreed to her going because her fav band was playing and i can still remember that feeling when i was young, and that her big brother who is 25 was willingly to take her, turned out good as they all wanted to go anyhow,now isn't that what big brothers are all about,she is going to stay a few days up with them both too, and she had a blast last time, so it is her holiday treat really, as we rarely go away. :)

flamepony12
01-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Oh, how exciting! :D We're seeing MCR in March when they come around here. We also (most likely) have an opportunity to meet them and hopefully it'll work out. I love Gerard too, and he's very nice.. I know people who have met him, and they all said he was wonderful. he's really a great guy with a great personality. :)
Unfortunately, This is their Black Parade tour, so they'll mainly be playing songs from their newest album.. but they might play some of their old stuff too.

I hope she has a great time! :D

Oh, by the way... I've heard around that Frank Iero (guitarist) is currently sick. Could you ask her when she comes back if he was there, back to playing, or if the replacement was still there?

i hope he has his black hair back again though

He does, he recently dyed it back. ;)

carole
01-16-2007, 02:37 PM
oh goodie i think most people are in agreement he looks way cooler with black hair, i am not sure she is up on the member of the band, she just loves gerard but i will indeed ask her, i am not sure if it is considered the black parade tour here or not as it is a one off only at a special concert, but you probably know better than me, i am sure they will play some of the good old favourites anyhow they usually do, i think they are playing for around an hour.

Best part is the weather is looking great, bit rainy at the moment, but is forecast for brilliant sunshine on friday, but the burn intensity is extreme, so she will need to keep the sunscreen on, she bought this cool hat yesterday, honestly it is like a man's hat they used to wear years ago, but it is black with white skulls and cross bones on it, she looks good in hats so it looks pretty aok.

As the concert is sold out, tickets are going up for six times the price paid for them on the internet, that is like over 600 dollars amazing, but you know it is really not exactly legal to sell them for a profit, says so on the ticket, and they become null and void, however i cannot figure out how they can find out which tickets were sold and the numbers myself,yes it was tempting, but no we are not going to do that, if it's not above board i would not even consider it,besides the experience will be well worth more than actual money i think.

TFTpwnsYou
01-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Yes even i think Gerard is cute, i hope he has his black hair back again though, she is hoping they play most of their old songs, as she is not as keen on the new ones, I 'm not ok, etc, i am sure they will, bands usually do, yes well it is the only reason we agreed to her going because her fav band was playing and i can still remember that feeling when i was young, and that her big brother who is 25 was willingly to take her, turned out good as they all wanted to go anyhow,now isn't that what big brothers are all about,she is going to stay a few days up with them both too, and she had a blast last time, so it is her holiday treat really, as we rarely go away. :)

Yeah. I know how she feels about the new stuff. I was not too impressed with it at all. At least she has an older brother to go with as to not be embarrssed by the parental units....lol. Lucky girl. My 1st one I had to be accompanied by an adult, but thank goodness she was kinda cool I guess. She'll have a blast though. Concerts always are.

Alysser
01-16-2007, 03:17 PM
So did Melissa enjoy her first concert?

Kfamr
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Cool! I saw MCR a few years ago. I agree with Melissa, thier new stuff isn't all that great, but thier old stuff was.

How did she like it?

Killearn Kitties
01-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Sounds great, Carole. I hope she has a wonderful time. These sort of events can be so exciting, and I am sure her brother will look after her. :D

flamepony12
01-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Alyssa & Kay.. The concert isn't until the 19th, I believe. :) Or at least, that's what it says on the tour schedule. Auckland..

carole
01-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Flamepony you are right it is not until the 19th this friday, gosh even i feel excited myself, silly ole me, think it was my fav band,but yes even at my age one can get excited about seeing your fav band live, does anyone know how good they are live? because some bands are not the best live, just curious.

flamepony12
01-16-2007, 07:10 PM
does anyone know how good they are live?

Meaning My Chemical Romance? At some times they sound amazing, and at some they don't sound like they do on the records, but lately, they've been sounding quite good live. :) Gerard's voice has just made leaps and bounds since he's been sober.. I think it's been about two years. I'm sure she'll have fun and it will be a great concert.. let us know how she likes it!

LoudLou
01-16-2007, 07:26 PM
This might help put the Nervous Mom to rest

http://www.bigdayout.com/theshow/safety.php

Big Day Out has been around for a long time she'll have a great time. Awesome experience for a "First Timer".

carole
01-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Melissa just sent me a text to say she is on her way, i can tell she is excited, my chemical romance are having a sign in tent from 12 -1pm so i hope she makes it, be a queue for that, she has a white t shirt for signing, that will be her dream come true to see gerard up close and get the siggies, fingers crossed she is one of the lucky ones eh?

Thanks for that safety issue website, i had not seen that before, and i have been checking it out all the time, yep there are controls in place, but things still happen, but i feel confident she is in good hands, with four adults with her, and one being her big brother,he won't let anything happen to his precious baby sis lol. :) :D a crowd of 40,000 is expected. :eek:

UPDATE; for those who are fans as well, info was wrong sign in tent is 6pm now,and only the first 300 get in, can only line up from 5pm, so fingers and paws crossed everyone that Melissa makes it, just texted her and MCR are just about ready to play, she is so far back though she can hardly see them, pity, that is diappointing, but being up close is not the most fun either, hot and sweaty and claustrophobic,,she has been on a few carnival rides and that's all i have for now

carole
01-19-2007, 03:36 AM
Well Melissa waited for three hours in the hot sun and guess what folks, yup she got to meet gerard and all the members of my chemical romance, she even shook all their hands and said hi, they did not sign her t shirt she had brought with her but did sign some paper, which she thought was better, she is over the moon,she said he is HOT, i am so happy for her and excited, this will have been the highlight of the whole day, and one moment she will never ever forget, and oh her friends are going to be green with envey lol. :) :D

There is going to be one very exhausted but elated teenager tonite, mind you i figure there will be a few tired adults in that household tonite as well, my son his partner and my son's best mate all had to wait the three hours too, as they would not leave Melissa alone by herself. :)

Killearn Kitties
01-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Carole, that is just fantastic that she got to meet the band! What a great, great day for Melissa. Lucky girl. :D

flamepony12
01-19-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm so glad she had a good time :D Lucky girl.. I'll bet she had a blast!

I heard that Frank (guitarist) wasn't there after all though, and his replacement was. :( But it's great that she got to meet the other members!

carole
01-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Yes you heard right he was not there, still did not worry Melissa, Gerard was the only one she really wanted to see, she has some awesome pictures she took of him, when they are on computer i maybe able to post them, as i know there are some other fans on here who might like to see them, she bought herself a my chemical romance t-shirt as well, it is pretty nice too, and she even went into the mosh pit, for those who are not sure what that is, it is where everyone is crowded together and goes a little crazy,but the only way you can get to see the band up close, apparently one member of the band asked the crowd to move back, and they responded immediately, he was impressed and jokingly said I have power,big bro did a good job taking care of his lil sis, and he even missed his fav band Tool playing his fav song to take her home a little early as she had a sore back from all the waiting,and standing around, ah the things big bro's have to sacrifice,but yes a good time was had by all it appears,especially one 14 yr old teenager. :) :D

AbbyMom
01-21-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm glad she had a good time and everything went fairly well. And I must say that she has a wonderful big brother!

Almita
01-21-2007, 11:40 AM
That's soo great that she had an awesome time. That's funny that they all responded to move back immediatley i can imagine that. Seems like big bro is a really great one. Who takes care of his lil sis. I think that is sweet.