PDA

View Full Version : *1* video of Sassy,New trick!

Alysser
01-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I took 2 new videos of Sassy, doing her new "trick". It really isn't a trick. I taught her how to open her cage door, even though it isn't locked... :rolleyes: So here you go:

View My Video (http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2uh4vat)
She fell at one part in this video. Excuse my WEIRD voice.

EDIT: Only got one video up for now. The other one will NOT upload, I've probably been trying for over 20 minutes, and 1:05 vid really isn't worth that.

I_luv_rusty
01-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Awww! That was one funny fall, silly Sassy ;)

shais_mom
01-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Is Sassy feeling better?
I thought you asked for prayers for her b/c the end was near?
If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry.

Alysser
01-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Is Sassy feeling better?
I thought you asked for prayers for her b/c the end was near?
If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry.

Yes, we thought it was as of last night. My parents and I were going to decide last night either, to put her to sleep, or to wait out and she is she feels and better. She is ok for now. Her arthritis is getting worse, some days she can't even stand, but we put her on a medication and we will be trying some other ones that a very nice Pt'er suggested to me. But if the meds don't work my parents want to put her out of her misery. Some days, she can't stand or get up. She whimpers when she walks. Her bladder problems are getting worse too, but I don't exactly know is she is feeling better as of yet. I'm hoping it will work.

Thank you for caring about her.

BTW, for bladder problems in older dogs can't they wear diapers? I was reading an article once about this. Does that work well?

shais_mom
01-15-2007, 12:38 PM
ok - I hope she feels better soon.
How old is she?
Kimlovescats I think uses diapers on her dog b/c she is paralyzed in the back end. Cinder and Smoke- Phred uses them on Bowser.
I think you can buy them at a petstore.

whomeee
01-15-2007, 02:11 PM
I feel for you and Sassy I had a St. Bernard that got so bad she couldnt make it up stairs or lay in any position for longer than a minute. I still miss her today she was the friendliest and most loveable dog i had ever had the pleasure of having in my life. Then there was Fox my Chow his kidneys were failing, we put him on a special diet but the Vet told us that there wasnt any treatment we could do for him. Fox lived for three more months befor we had to put him down. The Dr. said we didnt wait to long but it was time his quality of life was gone. It is never an easy thing to do but I think they understood.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l176/whomeee/scan00011.jpghttp://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l176/whomeee/MandyandFox.jpg

borzoimom
01-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Yes, we thought it was as of last night. My parents and I were going to decide last night either, to put her to sleep, or to wait out and she is she feels and better. She is ok for now. Her arthritis is getting worse, some days she can't even stand, but we put her on a medication and we will be trying some other ones that a very nice Pt'er suggested to me.
Honey- as one going through the same- we just wait one more day- sometimes they come out of it.. My thoughts and prayers are with you- I have the same situation with hottie..
As far as your voice- I think it sounds fine! Sounds like mine.. including the snickers as she tried to open the cage.. lol...

BC_MoM
01-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Alyssa, are there any show dog chiropractors or chiropractors that work on dogs in your area?

One morning my whole family woke up to our 13 year old Golden Retriever x Gordon Setter screaming in pain from his shoulder. He wouldn't move. He was taken to the vet and put on morphine. We had to make a decision.. PTS, or, we could try this chiropractor and see if he could help.

(He had some type of bone chip and arthritis in his shoulder from a previous injury by old owners)

After 3 sessions, it was like Wolfgang was a puppy again and never had problems for the rest of his life.

elizabethann
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I didn't know Sassy wasn't feeling well. I must have missed that thread. I hope she gets better.

The video is awfully cute.

Alysser
01-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Thank you all for the comments and advice.

Jess, thanks for the suggestion. I don't know of any in the area sadly.

I do have a bit of good news, the medicine is working I think! She is running around, begging, etc. like her old self. I guess I will hold off on the thought of putting her to sleep for a while. I was so relieved that I was crying.

chocolatepuppy
01-15-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't know Sassy wasn't doing well. I will keep her in my prayers Alyssa. Sassy is very smart opening her crate. ;)

Freedom
01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
I had to watch this video THREE times. Wait, what? You have a pet who WILLINGLY go into a travel crate???? OMG, that is fabulous! Maybe I've jsut been with the cats too long. (We haven't tried to get Sugar back into a travel crate since she arrived Dec 9th.) Opening it herlself is cute, but on me, that got lost in the amazing fee entry, ha ha.

Sorry to hear that she is feeling a bit of her age now and then. Will keep her in prayers.

Alysser
01-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Lmao, pretty amazing isn't it? Actually she has been going in by herself willingly for 9 years. All we have to do is say "go in your house". Trust me, we do get snarls and growls while closing the door, but it works. ;)

Thank you everyone for keeping Sas in your prayers!

Ginger's Mom
01-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Not only adorable but smart too. Good girl, Sassy. :) I, too, was unaware that she was having problems. I will keep good thoughts for her.

Daisy and Delilah
01-15-2007, 09:34 PM
I had no idea Sassy wasn't doing well either Alyssa. She's just the cutest little girl in the world. I'm praying she gets better. She looks so good and energetic in the video. GET WELL SASSY!!!! We love you little girl :)

Chilli
01-15-2007, 10:18 PM
What a smart girl, Sassy! =D
Skylar taught himself how to open his crate the same way. Whenever he sees us getting shoes on, he knows we're about to leave, so he runs to open his crate and to get inside. I just love the little tricks our dogs learn!

I hadn't known Sassy hadn't been feeling well. Though I am glad to hear her meds are working! Keep it up Sassy, we're all cheering for you!!
She's definately be in my thoughts. =]

Lori Jordan
01-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Very adorable,I hope Sassy pulls through.

kimlovescats
01-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Doggie Diapers:

Yes, they do sell them even at Wal-Mart, but it is MUCH cheaper to buy regular baby diapers and just cut a small hole for her tail! We do that for AnnaBelle! ;)

Muddy4paws
01-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Shes so cute!

I'm sorry to hear about her not being too good, Its hard seeing them grow older, fingers crossed she was just having an off day

Anita Cholaine
01-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Aww, beautiful video. Not only pretty, but it seems like you're also a really smart girl, Sassy! ;)

Allyssa, I didn't know Sassy wasn't doing well. I love that little girl of yours so much, I'll definitely keep her in my thoughs and prayers.