PDA

View Full Version : Buy a dog

Pawsitive Thinking
01-15-2007, 08:25 AM
If you want someone who will bring you the paper without first tearing it apart to remove the sports section ....

then buy a dog.

If you want someone willing to make a fool of himself simply over the joy of seeing you ......

then buy a dog.

If you want someone who will eat whatever you put in front of him and never says its not quite as good as his mother made it ....

then buy a dog.

If you want someone always willing to go out, at any hour, for as long and wherever you want ....

then buy a dog.

If you want someone who will never touch the remote, doesn't care about football, and can sit next to you as you watch romantic movies

then buy a dog.

If you want someone who is content to get up on your bed just to warm your feet and whom you can push off if he snores .......

then buy a dog.

If you want someone who never criticizes what you do, doesn't care if you are pretty or ugly, fat or thin, young or old, who acts as if every word you say is especially worthy of listening to, and loves you unconditionally, perpetually

then buy a dog.

But, on the other hand, if you want someone who will never come when you call, ignores you totally when you come home, leaves hair all over the place, walks all over you, runs around all night and only comes home to eat and sleep, and acts as if your entire existence is solely to ensure his happiness

then buy a cat!

Now be honest, you thought it was going to say....
then marry a man!

borzoimom
01-15-2007, 08:32 AM
( it was getting real close there for that final option.. lol.. ) ;)

JenBKR
01-15-2007, 08:33 AM
SOO true. I think the last part could fit for a cat OR a man

borzoimom
01-15-2007, 08:35 AM
lol- nah.. you would have to add if you want someone that changes the channel on the tv when you are watching something for some sports update on a team they never follow anyway...

whomeee
01-15-2007, 08:49 AM
That fits so well but my Daughter wont believe it she says her cat isn't that way, she has her rose colored glasses on ;) .

BC_MoM
01-15-2007, 10:20 AM
So true! Just some of the many reasons I will never own a cat, LOL.

ShihtzuBeauty
01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
That was soo cute! I'm passing it along, thanks for sharing it! :)

ashleycat
01-15-2007, 02:36 PM
If you want to save a life.

ADOPT a shelter dog! ;)

areias
01-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Amen! People always asked me when I lived at my own place-Why do you live alone? Dosen't it get lonely? What do you do if you want someone to talk to? That's why I have dogs! :) And they thought I was crazy...they make much better companions and roommates than people.

I was NEVER a cat person until my little girl came into my life. I'm still not a cat person, but I love that cat. She's almost as bad as the dogs...if she needs something, she will get it or annoy the crap out of you. If you're eating something and don't pay attention for a split second, she'll bat it out of your hand and eat it. And she knows how to open pizza boxes. :) So I guess I'm becoming kind of a cat person.

TFTpwnsYou
01-16-2007, 06:43 AM
LOL! Isn't that the truth. Although I think it should have been marry a man cause my kitties wait at the door for me to come, and actually come when called (most of the time), and they sleep when I sleep. :) The man on the other hand......lolololol.

Chica
01-16-2007, 11:42 AM
That is a cute joke!!!I copied it to show to my co-workers!!!Only the women!!!! :) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/small_bug.gif

Twisterdog
01-16-2007, 02:47 PM
True! Although I would imagine cats are still far, far preferable housemates to men! :rolleyes:

If it only said, "Adopt a dog" instead of "Buy a dog" ... it would be perfect!