PDA

View Full Version : Wall Mounted Aquarium????

tikeyas_mom
01-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Has anyone heard of an aquarium that you can mount on the wall??? I was doing a bit of searching for aquarium stuff on ebay, and I came across this really neat/new aquarium setup.. im not sure if they can fit a filter? or how comfortable a fish would be in this tank, possibly a betta might like to live in it?? or maybe guppies or other small freshwater tropical fish... here are a couple pics.

http://www.eclutchmaster.com/aqua/pic1.jpg

http://www.eclutchmaster.com/aqua/pic2.jpg

http://www.eclutchmaster.com/aqua/pic3.jpg

Whats your opinion???

Zippy
01-14-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't like it.I hate stuff like that betta hanging bowl,betta lamp,betta t.v.,ect....Fish are not decorations.

IRescue452
01-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Its only 2 inches thick. What fish could turn around in it? It'd be like living in a cage where you can feel the walls all around you at all times.

Christmas_Hamster
01-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Ugh I have seen these before. I think they are called plasma aquariums. And when i saw it they had discus in it. I don't think it would work as it is only 2 inches thich.

Chilli
01-14-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't see how any fish could really live comfortably in something that thin.
I say stick to the good ol' original looking aquarium. More comfort for the fish! =]

tikeyas_mom
01-14-2007, 06:43 PM
they say it is for small fish, I would never personally keep a fish too big for a tank.. but colorful guppies, or betta might enjoy it.. two inches thick is bigger then what most people house their bettas in anyways .. if you compare to a 1 gallon tank, or a bowl... or even in some cases a cup :rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
01-14-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't like it.I hate stuff like that betta hanging bowl,betta lamp,betta t.v.,ect....Fish are not decorations.

I think they are docorative, as well as being a pet.. You cant pet them, or really comunicate to them... they are there in a tank, to look pretty and amuse people (as a hobby or whatever), as well as be somthing to take care of...

Twisterdog
01-14-2007, 06:53 PM

I agree with you about this particular tank, and other small tanks, bowls, etc. The fish need to have a proper, large enough, habitat first and foremost.

However, I think that fish certainly ARE decoration as well. I have spent a lot of time and money making my 55 gallon tank decorative. It is in my living room, I want it to be pretty. I have a nice stand that matches the rest of my furniture and keeps all the pumps, wires, etc. hidden.

As long as the tank is large enough, with the proper filtration and heat, I see nothing wrong whatsoever with also making it beautiful.

I had a friend once, who had a LOT of money. He had a HUGE tank built into his wall, between his living room and den. I couldn't even begin to guess the gallons ... thousands, I'm sure. It was simply stunning. But, of course, that is a far cry from what we have here.