PDA

View Full Version : Bailey... and a home? *UPDATE*

Sevaede
01-14-2007, 03:16 PM
I am so, so sad. Mostly, because of the realization that Bailey might be leaving. I love this boy and have grown to know him in that connective way.

This is an email that I received today.

I am missing a cat that may look like Bailey. Can I send you a photo? Cafe
is really sweet. He climbs on your leg like a dog to get attention. He has
soft eyes and a soft cry. He has faint stripes, mostly muted tan and buff
coloring. If you're holding him and start to put him down, he sometimes
won't get down, but gets back up on your shoulder.
Sandra

Life is a grindstone - Whether it grinds you down or polishes you up,
depends upon what you're made of.

Sunhill Stables - Quality Tennessee Walkers
www.sunhillwalkers.com

So, the other part of me is sad because Bailey may be someones missing baby. Wish him luck, I will update once I get another email from her.

:(:(:(:(:(

Kalei
01-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Wow, that is sad, but if this person is Bailey's mommy then hopefully she will be going back to a good home:) keep us updated.

Catty1
01-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Does he behave like this with you? And does she say how she lost him?

Wait for the pic and see...I feel for you...but if this woman is his meowmie, they will both be so happy....

HUGS

catmandu
01-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Part Of Us Wants This To Be True As This Lady Probably Has Been Worrying About Her Cat.
And Yet You Have Fallen In Love With Bailey, And He With You.
It May Be Her Cat, Or Just A Cat Look Alike.
Let Your Heart Be Your Guide, And We Pray All Will Be Well.

jennielynn1970
01-14-2007, 07:09 PM
How long have you had Bailey with you? How did she know to contact you? I'd be so careful about returning the kitty, because if she's allowing him to roam and be an outside cat in an unsafe area, that's not good. Let's hope she has the best of intentions.

Sevaede
01-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Thank you everyone! :)

Catty,

Yep. I even called him Cafe and he flicked his ears and turned his head in response. :(

Jenn,

I have had Bailey with me since September of last year (a couple of days before I lost my job). She would have had to see him on the rescues web site or on petfinder and then emailed the head of the rescue who then referred her to me.

Still haven't heard back from her. Waiting and whatnot. Once again, thank you all. :)

jennielynn1970
01-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Hmmmmm... makes you wonder how much she wants her kitty back if she's not rushing to get back to you. That's not a good sign. Geez.... I'd have been on your porch in a heartbeat!!!

Sevaede
01-15-2007, 05:39 PM
I just logged on and saw that I received four emails. Two from the rescue head and two from the other woman.

She was moving and Cafe (her cats name) escaped from the vehicle. At that point, someone would have had to pick him up somewhere between there and here or he traveled, ended up here, and then someone picked him up. I am starting to think that she may, indeed, be Baileys mom. She describes him in good detail, sending pictures, and whatnot. One of the emails from the rescue lady is a log of their emailing back and forth about her cat being missing and whatnot.

We're talking to her about them travelling out here to visit.

So now I am waiting on emails back, again, and I'll update some more. :)

Catty1
01-15-2007, 07:07 PM
If it IS Cafe....being his original meowmie, I would be amazed that my baby was not only alive, but in such wonderful shape - and in such a LOVING and wonderful home!

Your possible loss is a tremendous gift to her, if this is her kitty.

She might have gone on not knowing for the rest of her life.

HUGS! to you.

jennielynn1970
01-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Awe... she must feel so relieved knowing that her baby is still out there, safe, and that someone is loving him as much as she did.

I hope that things turn out well for everyone involved. I'm sure if it is Bailey/Cafe's mom, there will be another needy cat that you will be able to rescue from harm's way and make feel loved too. There are so many out there!