PDA

View Full Version : Baby, it's cold outside!

Edwina's Secretary
01-14-2007, 12:30 PM
We are having a "California Cold Snap" (honestly...there was an article in the newspaper about how to avoid hypothermia.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Last night before we went to dinner...(where we ate outside!) I made a nest for sweet Edwina.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p4fb2f278e4ebc6be6af303ea51f607a6/eb18d5a5.jpg

catmandu
01-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Its odd that theNorthern Parts ofor countries have had mild weather, while the West has had severe weather.
JJJ3 wouldlike to come and visit his love HH Lady Edwina Rose.
He would love to have HH Lady Edwina Rose join Our All Star Cat Pile Ups.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats101130.jpg

Killearn Kitties
01-14-2007, 12:40 PM
What a wonderfully opulent nest you have there, sweet Edwina. I take it that your mummy STILL will not put on the heating!

Ehm ...... where was poor, freezing Eddie?

Edwina's Secretary
01-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Dear Auntie Karen,

You understand, don't you? Blondie keeps telling me there is no furnace in the house...("It's California for goodness sake! Suck it up!" But why does she call me a pussycat????) Anyway...sometimes when she isn't home Curlie seems to find a funace to turn on....

Help......

Yours in central heating....

Eddie

Taz_Zoee
01-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Awe, Edwina, I can understand your dilema. It is rather cold here in CA. As I type, Taz is snoozing in a patch of sun. :)
But at least your mommy made you a nice snuggly bed to cuddle up in. :D

rg_girlca
01-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Those colors certainly compliment your beauty dear Edwina. How thoughtful of your meowmie to make a nest for you to cuddle up in to stay warm.

RedHedd
01-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Edwina, you sure do know how to stay warm in style! Yes, it's cold in California! Right now the temp is "up" to 44. :rolleyes: I didn't have the heart to make the bed today (nor the energy - it's a very lazy Sunday I'm having here) so the M's are snoozing in the sunbeams on flannel sheets and extra blankets. I think I'll go join them for a lazy Sunday afternoon nap. Nothing better than sunwarmed kitty fur! :cool:

Randi
01-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Edwina, I think it was very sweet of your mummy to make you such a nice nest, and the colours are perfect for you! But where is Eddie? You know, if you cuddled up with him, you'd stay warm whatever the temperature!

In any case, go and show your mummy the termometer, and tell her that if it goes below 15 degrees Celcius inside, it's high time to put the heating on! ;)

Kisses to you and Eddie. Stay warm!

Ps. Do you want me to send you a hot "water bottle"?

Cinder & Smoke
01-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Anyway ...
sometimes when she isn't home
Curlie seems to find a funace to turn on ...

Help......
Yours in central heating....
Eddie

Hey Eddie ~

*Watch* what Curlie does ... ya gotta *find* that lil DIAL Thingy on the wall ...
two pawz & turn to the right otta get you HEAT!

;)

Don Juan's mom
01-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Tee hee hee.... When I turn on the little space heater in my bedroom, Zerlina sometimes plants herself in front. :rolleyes:

Global warming, my butt! :D

Liz

Catty1
01-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Miss Edwina....could you find it in your royal heart to allow Eddie to snuggle up and share warmth? :rolleyes:

slick
01-14-2007, 09:32 PM
You know, I was going to say something very sarcastic....then I watched the evening news. Seems you guys really do have something to complain about. 39 deg F??? No wonder you're cold. :eek:

You just tuck yourself in Mz Edwina and keep that little nosie warm tonight. I've checked my favourite website and it will zoom up to the 50's and 60's during the day for you tomorrow so not to worry.

What's that you say??? That's still too cold??? Ha!!!! I invite you up here. Tomorrow our high will be 37 deg F and it's supposed to snow tomorrow night and Tuesday morning. Any chance you could come up here and keep me warm????

Yours burrringly,
Auntie Slick. xoxo

jennielynn1970
01-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Its odd that theNorthern Parts ofor countries have had mild weather, while the West has had severe weather.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats101130.jpg

You're right about the weather. i'm in Pennsylvania, above Philadelphia, and it's just been rainy and warm. I'm totally ticked off!! I want snow!!! We get snow days off at school (I'm a teacher), and if we don't use them, we lose them! So not fair, lol. I just love getting that phone call at 5am, telling me we're off, and then I can go back to sleep happily!

By the way, this picture is fantastic! Gary, you take some of the most awesome pics of your kitties!!!

krazyaboutkatz
01-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Edwina and Eddie,
You have it made. At least your purrents turn on the heater for you. Our meowmie won't even do that. She just wears extra clothes to stay warm and expects us to deal with it. Luckily we live in a condo in between floors so it's warmer than a big cold house. We try to stay in meowmies bedroom because it's warmer in there and most of us have been sleeping with her at night. We hope it warms up soon.

KAK's Furkids

ShylanHal
01-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Here in Oregon we have weather that's below freezing! Which hardly ever happens, really. We've had snow on the ground for over a week now, when a few years ago we would have been lucky to have a few flakes for one day.
I mean, an inch of snow would cancel school and even a lot of stores around here! We now have nearly three inches (which is a HUGE amount here) and it's not going away!

...not that I'm complaining, though ^^

Echo has been busy burrowing underneath blankets and rugs when we have the heat down (we put it down to 60 to save on energy and gas bills) and Clover has taken a liking to my dad, since his room is the warmest in the house.

Edwina looks beautiful so elegant in her cozy blankets! I wish I were her, lucky lady!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Aw Miss Edwina it's no fun being cold no matter what the temperature its. Cold is hard on joints and delicate pawsies!!! You look fetching as always!!!

(psst: my 4 cats would love to come visit. It's going to be 6 here tonight with a wind chill of 10 below) :eek: :D

Rachel
01-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Something tells me we have become a true California girl, Edwina. What happened to the grit and gumption it took to live in Chicago? :confused: {sigh}

Catsnclay
01-15-2007, 10:16 PM
That cold snap in California has hit us here in Arizona too! We are fffffrrrrreeeezzzzziiiinnnnggggg!!!!! Burrrrrrrrrrr

Last night it was a "hard freeze" which means it was down to 22 degrees for several hours!

I think I might have known exactly when that occured........Fluffy was in his usual spot, in between mommy & daddy, Lucky was tucked tightly under mommy's right arm, and Yoshi - who unusally sleeps either on my feet or under my right arm, was wrapped tightly around my - HEAD!!!!! :rolleyes: When I woke up, my "hat" moved and my hair was moist, but warm!! Had to move the crew so I could get up and, um, pee :p . But when all was done I returned to bed, and everyone resumed their position!!

Never had a cat hat before!! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

jennielynn1970
01-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Tee hee hee.... When I turn on the little space heater in my bedroom, Zerlina sometimes plants herself in front. :rolleyes:

Global warming, my butt! :D

Liz

my foster, Furbee, does the same thing. My dad got me a new "radiator" portable thing for my kitchen for my birthday, and she's been in there, on her back with her big white belly in the air, just taking in all the warmth from it. She feels so toasty when you pet her, lol. :D

Barbara
01-16-2007, 07:07 AM
Edwina you better come here. As we are used to extreme colds of course we have central heatings and even a bed hanging at the heating.
Plus: this year it isn't as cold as at your place- but our mom leaves he heating of my bed turned on all year round just for me :D
Your Filou

ramanth
01-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Such a gorgeous nest for a lovely lady. :)