PDA

View Full Version : I am the worst owner..what do I do?? Aweful... :(

emilysgk
01-14-2007, 05:13 AM
OMG I feel so low right now. It seems everything with kitty is spiraling and all of it is MY FAULT. She is pregnant, I think she may be coming up on her due date, no idea when, just think no more than a week or two at most. So thats bad thing #1..but not the worse one. The worst one..she threw up today, I caught it on a cloth, when I looked I thought she had eaten something. I looked closer.. worms. 3 of them. I had NO idea. Does this not mean that she has had these for quite awhile now? My poor baby has so much going on. I just dont know what to do. We are barely able to feed ourselves right now, we have no vet with ahistory to be able to do a payment with. I cant take her. So now what do I do? If she wasnt pregnant it wouldnt be such a problem. (I would still feel horrible for not knowing for so long) But can you deworm a pregnant cat? If so, what do you think I should use? I know its round worms, I have seen them before. I just dont know what to do right now..... :(

Craftlady
01-14-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm thinking she is not preg's but full of worms.
Normally worms I think come out with poop not the other way.
The OTC (over the counter) products for this are very dangerous. I'd contact a local rescue group or a vet office that would take her in help her an adopt her out.

Catty1
01-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Yes - a local shelter or humane groups might know a low or no cost vet.

It might seem harsh, what Craftlady said, to re-home her. But think about what is best for your kitty. It is not your fault that your income is low - at the same time, it means that kitty can't get the help she needs, although it is obvious you care very much about her. Having no vet with a history says a lot.

Let your love for her be your guide in any decisions you make.

Sometimes if you surrender a cat, the shelter, etc, will look after her medical care.

kb2yjx
01-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Ditto to the above, you would be doing the right thing in helping your cat by rehoming her! Shelters are rather particular in adopting out....Good Luck!

catnapper
01-14-2007, 09:50 AM
I agree with rehoming her, but this is probably not what you wanted to hear.

You'll have to read the instructions on the package at the pet store to find out if the dewormer is ok to give a pregnant cat. I don't know.

Once she has the kittens, things are about to become even more expensive.... do the loving thing and let her go. Learn from it for the next time and adopt an already spayed cat.

Kalei
01-14-2007, 10:54 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this, it is a very terrible thing and you love that kitty so much. I hope that whatever you decide is best for you and for the kitty and will help the kitty out alot!

emilysgk
01-14-2007, 03:12 PM
I know she is pregnant, not just worms. You can see and feel the babies move. I do have a vet that may help, its hard to tell. I have a large bill with him that I havnt been able to pay for quite some time. I worked at a kennell that was a border line puppy mill. It was aweful. I rescued a couple pups that I was allowed to take home, one did well. He was 2 wks old and all the others in the litter had died off. So I took him, and it turned out he had worms so badly at only 2 wks, thats why the others died. I nursed him to health and kept him for awhile, but things were not working out. So I contacted the CKCS rescue and they found him a great home. The other was a supposed Boston terrrior, but I think he was mixed with french bulldog. I had him from birth. He developed parvo at only a few weeks old, with a lot of work, he made it. Only to contract distemper next, again nursed him through it. He was fine. The vet had warned me that until your past 6 wks your not in the clear...sure enough at nearly 6wks exactly he became ill again. This time he didnt make it. He is a very different vet, layed back, he dont do a lot of testing and such. I guess he is more of an old farm vet. If your animal needs special treatment, injections, fluids, ect, he sends it home with you. They dont keep them. Or if needed he will refer you elswhere. In any case, im not sure how much he will work with me due to the other bills. I can't part with Snow. She is a very sweet cat with an extreme bond with me. I have seen so much worse with people who can do something, but dont. I will figure something out. Maybe he will tell me over the phone of something I can use. If he dont charge too much I might be able to get meds from him. Often he will let you come pick up something without being seen. I will call on monday. Last I heard though, my dad got wormer from him for his cat and it was very expensive. He gave some sort of dose for 3 days and that was it. Didnt have to do again in a few weeks, never heard of that.

emilysgk
01-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh, I just wanted to add that kitty isnt sickly at all either. She has been more playful than usual, has the msot beautiful shiny coat and seems extremely healthy. I have been feeding kitten food with occasional wet when she wants it. You would never guess something was wrong. I will find a way to do this. I have to.

Okay, I can't stop thinking about this. Can you guys give me an estimate? Sounds funny.. but just wondering if you know how much it wormer runs? I wont get a fecal done, since I know she has it. I dont know if he will want to see her. I guess it would be good for her to be seen though..... My dad is my only hope. Esp since this is all right now. We have to pay our power/gas this week (have shut off notice) I have to take two kids to have vaccinations on monday or they wont let them in school. Just a bad week. Not to mention how far behind on rent we are. ARGHH... I hate this. I had a interview on Friday, of course the freaking car wouldnt start. So I called, she said, nope cant come in later, put me on the bottom of the list. :( Just can't get ahead. Im so tired of living in poverty. Seriously. Im sorry im so off topic. Oh..I also have a dog now, not mine exactly. My firend wants me to keep her for now. She is in process of divorce and can't keep her where she is. I will find a home or her soon if she dont do something. Im worried the dog may have worms now also. Just more to feed. I couldnt tell her no. She is a great dog..just not now. :mad: Sorry. Really. I will stop posting on the subject unless i have any news.

Craftlady
01-14-2007, 05:44 PM
$27 is what it cost to deworm 4 cats at my house. Our local vet in town is way cheaper than our regular vet in bigger town.
1 cat had it for sure other 3 got it as prevention.
Any vet is going to recommend deworming all animals in the house because it is contagious.

Since your own personal situation is so urgent when it comes to financies to pay essential bills etc. I would suggest again, that you find help with rescue group.

catmandu
01-14-2007, 06:04 PM
We Are Sending Prayers For That Poor Maomma Cat And Babies.
Maybe Once The Babies Are Old Enough You Can Surrender Them, And Have Them Spay The Momma Cat.
Thats The Way I Think The Animal Welfare Wouldnt Handle That Here.
Good Luck With You Cat Companion.