PDA

View Full Version : Dying my hair- and good news otherwise..

borzoimom
01-13-2007, 07:32 AM
After 3 surgeries- I looked at my hair today- and who put all this grey in my hair???? I am biting the bullet today, and using Loreal dark blonde-.. I hate the grey! I have been told several times, anethesia can change your hair color- uh huh.. I think age is catching up with me, and just didnt have time before to notice...
And on good news- my ex is moving OUT OF STATE!!! You all have nooooooo idea how relieved I am.. I have a overwhelming temptation to help him GET OUT OF here... lol. ( yes I am kidding..)
My daughter is upset- she says she wont be able to see him much. .. I hate to admit- meanwhile I am all but jumping up and down inside with joy.. ( arent I awful??)... I just keep pointing out to her I lived in several states, and always able to see my parents- and since we had to stay at her house- the visits were better than a "drop by"... ( meanwhile- I do the congo inside.. )

chocolatepuppy
01-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Good luck with your hair. ;) As for the ex...let's congo! :p

borzoimom
01-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Good luck with your hair. ;) As for the ex...let's congo! :p
Can you congo for me??? I will join you all in 3 more weeks.. ( and maybe with a few back flips.. rofl..)

chocolatepuppy
01-13-2007, 09:28 AM
A congo for you, a congo for me... :D oh and I wouldn't push it with the backflips. ;)

borzoimom
01-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Roflmbo!!!!

kimlovescats
01-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I feel your pain about all the gray hair! This is the first time in years that I have completely let my natural color grow out. Imagine my surprise to find that my natural color now includes silver hairs ALL OVER my head! :eek: :rolleyes: I have a bottle of hair color in the bathroom cabinet, I've just been too uninspired to fool with it lately. I really need to do it though, because I hate that old lady I see in the mirror! ;)

Congrats on your ex moving! I don't see that happening for me .... I'd have to be the one to move, which I would LOVE to do ... but hubby's job is too good to leave right now. Maybe one day he'll get transferred to another location. Hey, one can dream, right? ;)

borzoimom
01-13-2007, 01:23 PM
I will admit- the new hair " do" does help alot mentally.. lol.. ( now if I just could go somewhere... lol)

critter crazy
01-13-2007, 02:13 PM
hmmmm.....grey hair????? what is that??? I have never seen any!!!!!:p

borzoimom
01-13-2007, 02:18 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh God Bless you- but trust me- it was there... lol..

chocolatepuppy
01-13-2007, 02:30 PM
*50* this summer and NO grey here. :p I don't know why. :confused:

borzoimom
01-13-2007, 02:33 PM
My birthday is in March- and yup- it showed up... ( maybe I have been stressing too much ya think?) :confused:

critter crazy
01-13-2007, 02:33 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh God Bless you- but trust me- it was there... lol..

ROFLMAO!! I was refering to myself!!!! he he he!!!!

chocolatepuppy
01-13-2007, 02:44 PM
My birthday is in March- and yup- it showed up... ( maybe I have been stressing too much ya think?) :confused:

Well, I hear it can happen overnight, so no bragging here. ;) I could be next! :eek:

Twisterdog
01-13-2007, 09:23 PM
I know the grey hair feeling. I have one piece, in my bangs, about an inch wide that is totally white. That's frankly why I still wear bangs ... because then the white stripe is only about three inches long. If I don't have bangs, the white stripe is about three feet long, and I look like a skunk! :eek: My son's friend told me once, "Hey, Shanna, that's hot. Next time you bleach it, you should dye it pink or something." LMAO! I didn't correct him ... better to think me cool than old. LOL

I, too, was pretty darn happy when my son's dad moved away. :D

critter crazy
01-13-2007, 09:25 PM
I know the grey hair feeling. I have one piece, in my bangs, about an inch wide that is totally white. That's frankly why I still wear bangs ... because then the white stripe is only about three inches long. If I don't have bangs, the white stripe is about three feet long, and I look like a skunk! :eek: My son's friend told me once, "Hey, Shanna, that's hot. Next time you bleach it, you should dye it pink or something." LMAO! I didn't correct him ... better to think my cool than old. LOL

I, too, was pretty darn happy when my son's dad moved away. :D

Ha ha haha ha ha ha ha!!! My mom has a white stip about 3-4 inches wide in her bangs too!! very funny!! I call her a skunk!!!:D

Logan
01-13-2007, 09:36 PM
At 44, I am almost 100% gray, and have been for probably 10 years or so. I have kept it covered, for the most part, but sometimes I wait too long (like right now) and I can't WAIT to go to the hairdresser and have a hair cut and my color. Tuesday morning, early, I'm there! Woo Hoo!!!!!!! It has been 4 months.....way too long.

Logan

GreyhoundGirl
01-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Ha ha haha ha ha ha ha!!! My mom has a white stip about 3-4 inches wide in her bangs too!! very funny!! I call her a skunk!!!:D
lol!!! :p

borzoimom
01-14-2007, 08:03 AM
My husband has a grey stripe on his head too. He says his daughter put every grey hair there.. lol..
Its funny men can be grey and look distinguished- we just look "older".

jackmilliesmom
01-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Glad to hear that he has moved away as for the gray hair ohhhh boy is mine visible at the moment just too busy to get my hair done will not dye it myself after my last attempt which turned me into "Krusty the Clown" yes folks green hair ooohhhh that was a joy so I let the professionals do it now. So as a matter of research how much does it cost over there to get it done over here it is about €120.00 for an all over colour, wash cut and blow dry.

Is that expensive considering we can buy $1.41 for €1.00

borzoimom
01-16-2007, 09:12 AM
I used Loreal and it was like 9 dollars I think. Didnt change the color, but got rid of the grey and lightened the underside. My hair changes color so much in the sun, but this past summer I wasnt out much..
Tomorrow is 3 weeks since the surgery. I already feel better, and now cant wait for the next 3 weeks to come and go.. lol..

Randi
01-16-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm getting grey hairs too, although it's not as obvious because I'm blond to begin with. :) I rarely go to a hairdresser, but when I do, I like to have done stripes in 3 colors, that looks much more natural and the hair can grow out with no sharp edge (which I think look really awful!!).

borzoimom
01-16-2007, 10:26 AM
I am a blonde too- so my grey was like white.. lol.. no color..