PDA

View Full Version : Brothers guilty in fat dog trial.

ChrisH
01-13-2007, 03:55 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/6256349.stm

Miss Z
01-13-2007, 06:35 AM
I saw that report on the news last night. Poor boy was over 11 stone! :eek: It pulled at my heart strings seeing the clips of him try to walk, it must have been so painful and tiring for him. I can't believe his owners could have just let him carry on like that, and as for them getting him back, well, I just hope the RSPCA keep a VERY close eye on them.

katrina
01-13-2007, 06:37 AM
yea i saw that on the news yesterday... very sick indeed! poor dog!

critter crazy
01-13-2007, 06:49 AM
poor doggy!! Geesh!! why in the world would you want to let your animal get this way??? poor baby!!

chocolatepuppy
01-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Poor dog. :( What is wrong with people?

Pam
01-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Poor pup! I plead ignorance as to not knowing how to convert stones to pounds. :o Nevertheless I can see that poor boy was certainly obese. I am wondering about the size of his owners. Oftentimes a chubby dog is owned by a chubby human as they pass their poor eating habits along to their pets. I am glad this boy is trimming down. He will certainly live longer.

katrina
01-13-2007, 08:23 AM
his owners are thin :confused:

Ginger's Mom
01-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Poor boy. I hope they take good care of him. At first I thought maybe they were just too soft and couldn't say no to their dog when he asked for food, but I see they also failed to take care of an ear infection as well, so they are obviously negligent. I hope he doesn't gain all of that weight back.

Pam, one stone=14 pounds, so this boy, who should have been about 80 pounds was 154 pounds. About double the size of an fit Lab. :(

ramanth
01-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Pam, 11 stone is roughly 154 lbs. Under the RSPCA's care, he lost about 50 lbs.

I cannot believe they gave Rusty back to them!! :( :(

Poor boy. I hope the punishment is more than a slap on the wrist if Rusty's weight gets out of control again.

mike001
01-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the stone to lbs conversion, I also was confused. Poor dog will probably have health issues later on because of this weight. :eek:

TFTpwnsYou
01-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Ohhhh yeah. They loved their dog so much they had to feed it all day everyday. Jeez! I don't know how someone would find that ok. Yeah, the dog is not starving, but most dogs are able to walk. Shouldn't a little bell ring at that point????

zoey
01-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Sad story.
A friend of a friend of mine "owns" a beautiful lab but overfeeds and underexercises, (never exercises) the dog.
Twice the dog came to stay with us for an extended period of time, and i took a lot of time and care exercising the dog back to homeostastis, (slim, trim, muscular, bright eyes.) Last time she gave custody of the dog to me, only to steal her back, which broke my heart. Now, it's inconvenient for her again, and the dog is with the first friend i mentioned, again. The dog is bigger than ever. Yes. She looks like a walrus, but she is still the awesome and beautiful girl she always was. I've gotten another dog, and poor caregiver's boyfriend has gotten her a puppy. It's all too sad. I go visit and play frisbee with the dog, but I can't get further involved anymore. :( - unless she puts my custody in writing.

lizbud
01-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Since the brothers said in the video that the court was wrong to interfere
and that they" loved the dog to bits" indicates they haven't got a clue as to
how to properly care for the dog. I'm sorry they were allowed to keep the
dog.

GreyhoundGirl
01-14-2007, 07:40 AM
poor dog. The video is so sad. It only walked a little bit then had to lie down for a while. No lab should be like that! They are an active breed!