PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat weird, but oddly tempting (U.S. pet accessory)

AmberLee
01-13-2007, 01:26 AM
A friend let me know about this website to get driver's licences (http://www.mypetdmv.com/default.htm) for pets. I particularly like their disclaimer pages and Monte's explaination that he created the page as a community service to avoid being locked in the "Big Litter Box" after he rolled his car due to a hairball incident while trying to negotiate a cloverleaf on the freeway.

Okay, it's weird, but funny.

lizbud
01-13-2007, 09:50 AM
That's a cute idea. People are always stopping to ask me if Smokey is
my driver as he always takes my seat to wait while I'm in a store shopping.
Wouldn't they freak out if I showed them his drivers license? :D

DrKym
01-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Hate to say it but it is so off the wall its great! We ordered one for each of the dobies :o . (uhhh we did it for the collar tag?? :rolleyes: yeah THATS it!) :p

Thanks for the site!

TFTpwnsYou
01-13-2007, 10:13 AM
I think it's a cute idea. I need so get one. Then next time the dog is driving he won't get a ticket for driving without a license...lol.

zoey
01-13-2007, 10:41 AM
That is so-o cute. I often think Daisy wants to drive home.
Invariably, I'll come back to the car after a quick shopping trip and she'll be in my driver's seat. I really think she could, if her paws or the steering wheel were shaped differently! :D

Edwina's Secretary
01-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Neither Eddie nor Edwina is interested in driving but this would be SOOO helpful when they board an airplane. No more having to dig their passports out of the safe. Cruises too...now that you must show a government issued ID...

Thanks Amberlee...you have just simplified our lives! :D :D :D

Barbara
01-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Filou and Tigris are standing on my desk and want some. They can't get it here in old-fashioned Europe and they say they could drive as well with a US licence ;)

critter crazy
01-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Ha ha ha h ah ha ha ha!! way too cute!! The boys definitely need one, since they love to hop in the driver seat!!!

Kfamr
01-13-2007, 04:22 PM
They are cute. I beleive Amy has one for Nebo. ;)

AmberLee
01-14-2007, 01:12 AM
Glad you enjoyed this, too.

Neither Cassy or Livvy is fond of car rides, but my parent's border collie, Mickie, loves to ride in cars. Sometimes we leave her in the car where we can watch her when running errands: when she jumps in the driver seat we announce to one another "dog is our pilot" and when she's in the 'shotgun' seat, it's "dog is our co-pilot." I guess it's good to know my family is as weird as I am. :rolleyes: ;) :p

AmberLee
01-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Neither Eddie nor Edwina is interested in driving but this would be SOOO helpful when they board an airplane. No more having to dig their passports out of the safe. Cruises too...now that you must show a government issued ID...

Thanks Amberlee...you have just simplified our lives! :D :D :D

:cool: :D :cool: Cool! How nice of you to identify a solution to a problem I hadn't looked into yet. Thanks!

Edwina's Secretary
01-14-2007, 11:54 AM
My parents had two dogs who would beg to go and sit in the car...in the garage. They would take turns in the driver's seat. We called it "going to Cleveland."

After reading this thread yesterday I happened to be at the vet's office to buy some cat food. There was a dog wearing her California driver's license!

zoey
01-14-2007, 12:10 PM
"Going to Cleveland" :D
That is adorable.

AmberLee
01-14-2007, 08:44 PM
...After reading this thread yesterday I happened to be at the vet's office to buy some cat food. There was a dog wearing her California driver's license!

Hee, hee, hee. Very sharped eyed of you to notice!