PDA

View Full Version : Radio Talkers and Animal Abusers

areias
01-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I was listening to the radio, and they were reporting that a man got angry at his girlfriend, so he strangled the girlfriend's cat to death :eek: .

They said that the man said he was "not guilty" because the cat was "starving" he had no food to feed it so he put it out of its misery. :eek: :eek:

The radio guys were LAUGHING as they reported this. I felt really upset and angry. They were then laughing because the guy got 2 years probation and $3,000 in fines. They were like...wow, he only killed a cat, why should he get so much penalty? The guy didn't even get jail time! They were making light of the situation...saying like "What if he went to jail, and the other inmates asked what he was in for, and he said oh I killed a cat, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA". I didn't think it was funny at all, I think he should have gotten jail time. What if someone strangled him? Geez... :mad:

Cataholic
01-13-2007, 07:19 AM
I have heard some stuff on talk radio that makes me ill. I would call in to complain, but, then I am giving them just what they want- validation.

Pam
01-13-2007, 08:11 AM
I don't listen to talk radio at all. My son, in his younger years, would occasionally listen to Howard Stern. I listened to part of his show one time and was amazed that anyone would listen a second time. What a waste. I agree with Cataholic, in that complaining justs feeds into it and is exactly what they want.

ramanth
01-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Instead of calling in to the show couldn't the FCC or the radio shows management be called?

Obviously the radio talk guys were too dumb to put together that if he was angry enough and capable of killing the woman's cat then he's capable of killing her.

What if she didn't have a cat? Who do you think he'd take his anger out on?

Morons! :( :mad:

I don't listen to talk radio either and blessedly all the local radio jockeys for the stations I do listen too are animal lovers.

RedHedd
01-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Complain to the station manager. Write/call or check their website for e-mail contact information. We have a talk radio "lawyer" here in San Francisco who is an insult to the legal profession. He said something like this on his show last week - I had to turn it off as he's such an idiot about this stuff.

Twisterdog
01-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Most talk radio is horrid, IMO. My husband listens to Howard Stern all day long on Sirius. He KNOWS to change the station the moment he starts the car. That man sickens me, literally.

Sad as it is, two years probabtion and $3,000 is actually a pretty harsh sentence for animal cruelty. Most of the scum walk away free and clear.

RedHedd
01-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Most talk radio is horrid, IMO. Maybe most in your area, but not all. KGO in San Francisco is considered the #1 talk radio station in the nation. I have it on almost all day long. I like to stay informed. I just change the channel when that idiot "lawyer" comes on.

zoey
01-14-2007, 12:06 PM
That is digusting.
That cat killer is dangerous.
Anyone who would strangle a cat to death is a danger to all beings, including humans.

Daisy and Delilah
01-14-2007, 06:08 PM
I have heard some stuff on talk radio that makes me ill. I would call in to complain, but, then I am giving them just what they want- validation.

I couldn't agree more. I've always wondered how they get away with talking like this. It just makes me sick :( :mad: :(

AvaJoy
01-15-2007, 06:40 PM
. . . What if someone strangled him? Geez... :mad:
I'd volunteer, although I realize I will have to take a number and stand in line, just in case those before me could not render him lifeless. :mad:

Maresche
01-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Nah, to get to a talk show, call/email/write the companies that advertise on that radio station during that time and tell them you won't buy their products while they advertise with that station during that time slot (or that station period) or while such and such jockey is on the air. If all, or even some of the big advertisers pull out the show will be cancelled or at least the jockies fired.

Giselle
01-19-2007, 09:06 PM
What they failed to mention is that the bigger issue at hand is that animal abuse can often lead to abuse of humanity. So no laughs, here, stupid radio talk show hosts. You might want to e-mail them or phone in and let them know of their own folly.