PDA

View Full Version : Sore Throat

sparks19
01-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Man I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

We went to florida on Dec 2. I got sick that thursday while we were there with a cold. Just runny nose, feeling crappy, stuffy head. that type of thing.

then when that was just finally starting to go away I woke up Christmas Eve and had a TERRIBLE cough. I am pretty sure i hadd a chest infection. I was off work for 3 days plus 3 days on the weekend and new years day. I am just about over that and I woke up this morning with a sore throat.

Will this NEVER end?

jackmilliesmom
01-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Been there done that and bought the t-shirt twice since begining of December. The best thing to do is to take honey for your throat and when that it feeling better take some pomegranite (sp) and some pineapple as they both have natural healing and essential vitamins and anti-bodies to fight off colds and throat infections. There is a website that is connected to TAtler Magazine called ivenus.com and it is worth checking out it is especially designed for women and on there is a health section that gives all the natural remedies as well as the over the counter remedies so check it out I have done it several times and have always come up trumps with their advice - check it out www.ivenus.com (http://www.ivenus.com)

borzoimom
01-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Get some zinc lozenges. It comes in "cold eeze" or as zinc. This reverses the bacteria in the soft pallet, and will kick it GOOD! ( not to mention keep it from turning into a cold..)

Vela
01-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Along with the above recommendations, take some extra vitamin C, it really does help boost your body's immune system. If you are into taking anything herbal you can take Echinacea tincture and garlic oil capsules as well anytime you feel like you might be getting sick. My kids and myself rarely get really sick with anything, we use those as boosters if we start feeling it.

BC_MoM
01-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Try making a cup of tea.. and add lots of honey. :)

I think I wound up putting several tablespoons of honey in when I had my cold... :D