PDA

View Full Version : Cold hands!

Pembroke_Corgi
01-12-2007, 02:44 PM
It's really cold outside and I'm chilled even in the house! I'm too cheap to turn up the heat- last month wasn't even that cold and the bill was pretty high! I'm bundled up so it's just my hands that are cold. I've been drinking hot tea constantly to keep them warm, but I was wondering if there are any other ways to stay warm. I should drag the space heater out of the shed- but it's buried deep and it's too cold to be out for long!

Anyone have any tips on keeping your hands warm inside?

Blue_Frog
01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Cold hand cure?

Sneaking up and putting them up the back of the shirt of a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/kid/grandparent/friend/unsuspecting stranger/etc.

:D

... but seriously though, i end up running mine under hot water when i'm at work the darn place is so cold - makes typing a little easier! Lots of warm cups of tea to hold onto also works :)

Husky_mom
01-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I get cold hands too!!

thay say (but for feet) to use crushed red pepper and it heats on contact (so to prevent cold feet) but not sure about hands.........

I use to let them be cold......haha.......or if you can you can wear some gloves (a bit uncomfortable for me)

when at work I sit (literally) on one hand and let the other do the cooling thing.......;)

lizbud
01-12-2007, 06:08 PM
You could cross your arms & put your hands under your arms.You can't
do much in that position, but it'll warm your hands. :) or you could pet the
poochies for warmth.

Prairie Purrs
01-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Fingerless gloves are an option. And then there's this:

Cozy Mitts (http://www.bebeautiful.com/site/product.cfm?id=EE2E243E-65BF-333F-F7EC709914D03502)

I bought a pair for myself and another for a friend who has serious cold-hand problems, and we both love them! They have inserts that you heat up in the microwave (with lavender inside, so they warm your hands and provide a little aromatherapy all at once).

Or there's this, (http://www.bebeautiful.com/site/product.cfm?id=EE2E243E-65BF-333F-F7EC709914D01238) which appears to be an electric blanket for your hands.

TamanduaGirl
01-12-2007, 11:53 PM
that's what pets are for ;)

cayanne pepper would work on the hands but best injested. It aids cerculation and is very good for you.

cary around a hot cup of coco or tea