PDA

View Full Version : Compliment Swap! UPDATE: got them all in!

Miss Z
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't think we've had one of these for AGES, and they're so much fun!http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I know most people here will know how this works, but for those who don't. I'll explain.

Basically this is a sort of game where PTers compliment each other and it's designed to make PT a more friendly place to be! I am the head of this compliment swap, so if you would like to participate, send me a private message saying that you would like to be involved, or you can just post them both on this thread and hope I see it ;) . Please include both your username and your real first name. I will then post both of these in this post for other members to see.

I will accept participation requests up until Sunday 21st January. After that date it is too late to enter the compliment swap. After that date, look at this post and see all the people you will be sending compliments to. Please do this only after the date above as you may leave out any latecomers!

Once you have made all your compliments, however long or short, send them in another private message to me. I will then sort out all the compliments and send them to the correct person. You do not have to put your name at the end of your compliment but can if you want to. I will allow about a week for all the compliments to come in. I will hang on for a little longer if I'm missing one or two, but can't wait forever so if I presume you are not sending the compliments in then I will leave them out. If there's any problems with this just send me a private message whenever you can to explain. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

***I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY VERBAL BASHING OR ABUSE OF WHAT IS MEANT TO BE A BIT OF FUN. Any vulgar or offensive comments will not be used in the compliment swap and you will be deleted from the list. It is a form of bullying and it WILL be reported to Karen. I'm sure this won't happen but I'm saying it just in case!!**

OK, here is the list of people that will be involved:

Zara ~ Miss Z
Breanne ~ Flatcoatluver
Kym ~ Dr.Goodnow
Natali ~ Anita Cholaine
Michelle ~ borzoimom
Michelle ~ GreyhoundGirl
Michelle ~ kittycats_delight
Karen ~ Karen
Ashley ~ k9krazee
Almita ~ Almita
Danielle ~ dab_20
Alyssa ~ Maltese_Love
Jenna ~ I_luv_rusty
Michelle ~ mike001
Amanda ~ Aquamarine
Sarah ~ joanofark

The participation requests are now closed. The above is the full list of all those that will be participating.

Here is the list of those who I have received all their compliments from:

Me! :p
Michelle ~ borzoimom
Almita ~ Almita
Sarah ~ joanofark
Jenna ~ I_luv_rusty
Breanne ~ Flatcoatluver
Alyssa ~ Maltese_Love
Michelle ~ kittycats_delight
Michelle ~ mike001
Danielle ~ dab_20
Natali ~ Anita Cholaine
Ashley ~ k9krazee
Michelle ~ GreyhoundGirl
Amanda ~ Aquamarine
Kym ~ Dr.Goodnow
Karen ~ Karen

All done!

Flatcoatluver
01-12-2007, 12:53 PM
It must have been atleast a year when we had one. It was a lot of work when I hosted it. But well worth it! I'm in. Breanne-flatcoatluver

Miss Z
01-12-2007, 12:56 PM
It must have been atleast a year when we had one. It was a lot of work when I hosted it. But well worth it! I'm in. Breanne-flatcoatluver

It certainly is worth it! I've been busy deleting pms today ready for it. :p

DrKym
01-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I am IN what a wonderful Idea!
Dr.Goodnow~ Kym Goodnow :D

Anita Cholaine
01-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Count me in, I love compliment swaps :D Natali- Anita Cholaine

GreyhoundGirl
01-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Never been in one before, but sounds like fun. Count me in

Michelle (I'll let you hazard a guess at my username ;) )

kittycats_delight
01-12-2007, 02:30 PM
count me in too

Michelle Adams - kittycats_delight

Karen
01-12-2007, 02:33 PM
He hee - Mine is easy real name: Karen, pt id: Karen

Miss Z
01-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Well we have not 1, not 2, but 3 Michelles! :D

Keep coming, people!

k9krazee
01-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I'll do it! :D

k9krazee - Ashley

Almita
01-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I'll join!

Almita -- Almita

dab_20
01-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Me, too! :)

dab_20- Danielle

Alysser
01-12-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm in!

Name:
Maltese_love-Alyssa :D

This was fun the last time we did it!

I_luv_rusty
01-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I'll enter :D

I_luv_rusty : Jenna

Miss Z
01-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Make that 4 Michelle's... lol...

Heh heh :p :D

Looks like we have a very healthy list of participants already, I think this is going to be a great compliment swap!

Karen
01-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Everybody else, this is probably gonna take me awhile so stay tuned.

The way this works - because I think you've misunderstood, is we get the list of all the participants, then we all PM our compliments for everyone to Miss Z.

Miss Z then will compile all your compliments from everyone and send them to you, and will do so for each person.

GreyhoundGirl
01-14-2007, 07:16 AM
How do you know who you're going to get then? Do you just compliment anyone in the list? But then wont some people get more than others?

kittycats_delight
01-14-2007, 07:18 AM
How do you know who you're going to get then? Do you just compliment anyone in the list? But then wont some people get more than others?

Everyone gets a list off ALL the people on the list. You compliment ALL the people on the list. :)

GreyhoundGirl
01-14-2007, 07:21 AM
ah, how does Zara know which os for which person?

Kfamr
01-14-2007, 08:25 AM
You type your compliment after each name on the list. Then you PM it to Zara AFTER January 21st. She will make a list for each person using the compliments given to them by everyone else on the list and send it to them. You will receive only compliments given to you, Zara will receive only compliments given to her, etc.

I'm glad someone is carrying this one since I first started it. I've had too much in my hands lately and had thought about doing another, but don't have the time!

I'm going to have to wait and see closer to the deadline how many people join. If there's too many I may not be able to as I like to make overly long compliments. :p

GreyhoundGirl
01-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks from me too. :)

joanofark
01-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Just dropping by, I guess I'll enter. :)

Miss Z
01-15-2007, 12:11 PM
You type your compliment after each name on the list. Then you PM it to Zara AFTER January 21st. She will make a list for each person using the compliments given to them by everyone else on the list and send it to them. You will receive only compliments given to you, Zara will receive only compliments given to her, etc.

I'm glad someone is carrying this one since I first started it. I've had too much in my hands lately and had thought about doing another, but don't have the time!

I'm going to have to wait and see closer to the deadline how many people join. If there's too many I may not be able to as I like to make overly long compliments. :p

Thanks Kay for explaining that a lot better than I did! :D

I write overly-long compliments too, looks like I'll be pretty busy :p On the last compliment swap, I had to send all mine in three seperate pms, due to the word limit they have!

Miss Z
01-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I thought I'd just bump this up in case we have any latecomers. :D

borzoimom
01-19-2007, 11:26 AM
okay Miss Z and thanks for the pm..

Anita Cholaine
01-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I'd kinda forgotten about this :p. I'd better start working on my compliments, I want to do them well!

GreyhoundGirl
01-20-2007, 05:43 PM
:eek: I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!! :o I'd better get going, I haven't even started. Good thing I was searching all Zaras threads...

Apologies anyone if they're late and/or short. I feel so bad now. :o :(

GreyhoundGirl
01-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Do they have to be in by tomorow, in in by a week tomorow? I might just be saved... :p

Miss Z
01-21-2007, 07:57 AM
OK then everyone, it's time to start sending your compliments to me!

If you have any last minute questions then don't hesitate to pm me. :)

borzoimom
01-21-2007, 11:48 AM
done... lol..

Miss Z
01-21-2007, 11:55 AM
OK, in the first post I wil be adding who has completed their compliments! :D

I_luv_rusty
01-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Sent all mine :D

Almita
01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Same here, sent all mine in as well.

Flatcoatluver
01-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Mine are sent to!! Come on people get those compliments in! ;)

CagneyDog
01-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Can i still join :o

GreyhoundGirl
01-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Zara, I'm saving you for last! :p

kittycats_delight
01-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm getting there guys. I have about 5 more people to do. :o I should have it done by tomorrow.

GreyhoundGirl
01-23-2007, 02:33 PM
when are they due? lol I can't find it... :o

I'm behind :o but I don't want to write them fast and hastily...

Anita Cholaine
01-23-2007, 03:36 PM
We have until sunday to send our compliments, right? I hope so, cause I'm really behind too :o

Miss Z
01-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Yes that's right everyone, I'll allow until about Sunday to let all the compliments come in. If I have a few members who have forgotten I'll pm them to remind them, but if they do not respond after a few days then I'll just have to leave them out. If you need some more time though just pm me and I can hold on for ya. ;)

Can i still join :o

I think really now it's too late unfortunately. I've had quite a few compliments in now so it would be confusing to send out pms to everyone that they need to make extra ones. But don't worry, I'm sure soon someone will hold another compliment swap. :)

This certainly is a big swap and I've had some great compliments in so far, especially from Michelle (GreyhoundGirl!) :D

GreyhoundGirl
01-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Wierd... I thought mine were short and pathetic... :o

I still don't know what to write on yours... Porbably just "you're perfect, Zara, let's rub it in" :p :p :p

Alysser
01-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Sent mine in today!

kittycats_delight
01-24-2007, 01:14 PM
got them all done sending them in now.

ETA: I just got them...yes I said them...sorry there were 3. I guess I have a bog mouth...sent. I did each compliment in a different color to make it easier for you to seperate. :)

Miss Z
01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
got them all done sending them in now.

ETA: I just got them...yes I said them...sorry there were 3. I guess I have a bog mouth...sent. I did each compliment in a different color to make it easier for you to seperate. :)

Thanks, and don't worry, you aren't the only one! ;)

Miss Z
01-26-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm still waiting on a lot of people for their compliments, remember everyone that it would be best if they're all in for Sunday so they can be distributed soon. Those that still haven't sent them in by tomorrow evening I'll be sending a reminder PM. Thanks to those that have already sent theirs in :)

Of course, if there are any problems with the deadline just send me a PM. ;)

Aquamarine
01-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Sorry Zara! I'll have those compliments in by tomorrow or today. I've been really busy and havent had time. I'll get 'em to you asap!! Sorry about that!

Miss Z
01-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Sorry Zara! I'll have those compliments in by tomorrow or today. I've been really busy and havent had time. I'll get 'em to you asap!! Sorry about that!

No problem :) I just sent you a reminder PM and then just realised you'd posted here, sorry about that! :o

GreyhoundGirl
01-27-2007, 06:06 PM
(Also, here's a list of those members who have some of their compliments sent in so far:
Michelle ~ GreyhoundGirl)

Long list there... :p

I_luv_rusty
01-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Has everyone compliments been sent yet?

Miss Z
01-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Has everyone compliments been sent yet?

Not quite, but there's just two members to go and I'm sure it won't be too long before you can all enjoy your compliments. There certainly have been some crackers that have been sent in, well done everyone! :D

I_luv_rusty
01-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Ahh get them in guys!! :D

Miss Z
01-31-2007, 12:19 PM
All the compliments are in, and once again I must say these compliments are really great, I know that you will all enjoy reading them :D

Right, I'd better start sending them out!

I_luv_rusty
01-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Yay! :D Going to go read them now.

borzoimom
01-31-2007, 01:23 PM
:eek: (SHOCK..) Wow- thank you.. Highly touched by your comments- wow..

kittycats_delight
01-31-2007, 02:32 PM
wow great compliments guys. It is so nice to see that everyone really took time to think about them and put them together nicely. I am very touched by the wonderful compliments. Thank you all sooo much.

(((((((((((((((HUGS to EVERYONE)))))))))))))))))))

DrKym
01-31-2007, 02:35 PM
I am never doing this again! You guys made me cry! Now my reputation is ruined!!!!! snifffle wail whine!

all thos wonderful things from such amazing people!, that's it back to the Ice castle to save my mean and cold reputation.....................dratted nice people, throws snowballs at Zara for this Idea! :p ;)

Thank you all so much!, and for those that want to get to know me better , I would love the opportunity, You can never have too much chocolate or too many friends!

GreyhoundGirl
01-31-2007, 02:44 PM
haha, I can guess who a few of these are from... :p

Flatcoatluver
01-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Were we not supposed to sign are names? Whoops! :p I can't wait to read my compliments!

Flatcoatluver
01-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Just got my compliments! How sweet! I am so curious who some of them are! Especially the person who mentioned I have ducks...hmmm :) Thanks everyone.

I_luv_rusty
01-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Some good compliments :D I could guess who a few were. :p

Miss Z
01-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Were we not supposed to sign are names? Whoops! :p I can't wait to read my compliments!

You didn't have to if you didn't want to, some people did and some didn't. :)

I've sent all of them out now, and I'm glad that everyone so far likes them!

borzoimom
01-31-2007, 04:13 PM
I am never doing this again! You guys made me cry! ...
throws snowballs at Zara for this Idea! :p ;) ...

I AGREE-- SNOWBALLS AT ZARA!!!!! ROFL...

Miss Z
01-31-2007, 04:56 PM
*ducks from snowballs* :D

DrKym
01-31-2007, 04:58 PM
hehe *hides behind something so I can get one good shot in* :p

Zara this was a wonderful thing! Thank you for your hard work and bringing so much happiness to so many people by this thread! You truly are a doll!
Hugs! :D

Alysser
01-31-2007, 05:00 PM
You guys are great, thanks for the compliments!

Zara, thanks for creating this so I can stall on doing my project, I SHOULD be doing right now...lol.

Hope you enjoyed mine. OK, well this might be my last dose of PT for about 2-3 days again. :rolleyes: :(

borzoimom
01-31-2007, 05:14 PM
hehe *hides behind something so I can get one good shot in* :p

Zara this was a wonderful thing! Thank you for your hard work and bringing so much happiness to so many people by this thread! You truly are a doll!
I AGREE - ZARA- this really was a great thing- and I feel great.. THANK YOU EVERYONE- I needed a lift- and thank you!

GreyhoundGirl
01-31-2007, 05:22 PM
You truly are a doll!

Oh, yea. She's a doll, I'm an evil teen... :rolleyes:

GreyhoundGirl
01-31-2007, 05:22 PM
BTW: Borzoimom, I found the other half of your compliment saved in word... I'll PM it to you :p

borzoimom
01-31-2007, 05:39 PM
BTW: Borzoimom, I found the other half of your compliment saved in word... I'll PM it to you :p
huh???? lol..

Karen
01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Just got my compliments! How sweet! I am so curious who some of them are! Especially the person who mentioned I have ducks...hmmm :) Thanks everyone.

How could anyone forget you are a duckie-friend? ;)

borzoimom
01-31-2007, 06:05 PM
You guys are great, thanks for the compliments!

Zara, thanks for creating this so I can stall on doing my project, I SHOULD be doing right now...lol.

Hope you enjoyed mine. OK, well this might be my last dose of PT for about 2-3 days again. :rolleyes: :(
I realize you are busy now- but we will be looking for ya...

Flatcoatluver
01-31-2007, 06:18 PM
How could anyone forget you are a duckie-friend? ;)
Hmm I wonder who it is now! ;)

Anita Cholaine
02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I didn't have much time to be on PT yesterday, so I had to read my compliments really quickly, but anyways, thank you SO much everybody! :D

Now I've gotta read them again, I'll try to see if I can guess who are some of them from :p

dab_20
02-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Thank you all, soooo much for all the compliments!! I've been having such a hard time with everything right now, you all have no idea how much you've made my day! Thanks again, they were all so sweet!