PDA

View Full Version : Every dog has a story!!!!!

jackmilliesmom
01-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Ok some of you will know where this came from some won't but every dog has a story where it came from how you found them what they do and so on so please share here is my story

Jack:-
we went to a breeder in Kildare and bought Jack but to choose him we had to choose from 2 litters. Jack was the only one bold enough to try and open our laces on our boots and to hang on to our shoes with his teeth as we walked away. All of the rest of the litters were tired and sleeping as it was evening time when we went to get him.

He has taken over our hearts and our home now and we love every little bit of his body and soul and would not change him for the word. I love hte way every morning I have a kiss and a cuddle from him and the way he waits patiently for his tea and toast and every evening when I come in from work he is waiting patiently to give me my kiss and cuddle and the way he tells me it is time for bed at 9 p.m. every night - I just love him

Millie:-
Jack is the reason we have Millie we went for a walk one day and when we were coming back he must have heard her weak little cries but he was anxious to get to the other side of the road and when he did he found a black sack that he started to tear at and it revealed 4 puppies only a few weeks old and 3 were dead but Millie she was a fighter and still alive. The sack was not there when we left but there when we returned.

Millie has been part of our lives since and that is 1 year and 2 months ago now. We would not change her for the world her puppy innocence and loveable ways she is always wanting to play and kiss and cuddle and loves to come to bed and mind my doggie collection - (you should check it out on the web it is a collection of cuddly dogs and magazines explaining all about each one all makes shapes and size dogs)

So that is my story on my dogs what is yours???????????

borzoimom
01-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Femka- after days of planning- I couldn't wait to pick her up at the airport. When I arrived and they brought her out- she was terrified. The kennel had a broken lock, and I decided to wait until I got her home. When I got home and pulled into the garage with the door shut- I opened the crate- she showed her teeth at me with her ears flat against her head. I was thinking " omg- what have I gotten myself into. " I left the door open and sat down on the edge of the car- I spent the better part of 30 minutes just talking to myself- occasionally glancing at her in a soft calm voice and expression. Then I said " oh please Femka ( her new name) - please trust me- please come out- when she stood up, and buried her head in my coat. Her rubbing face on my jacket made me want to cry.. She followed me out of the garage- to the family room below. Hottie was at the door- I could hear him- but I wasnt sure of her reactions. I came upstairs and let hottie smell my jacket= " no big deal " hottie said ( lol) . She started to howl in there with me gone so I tied hottie to the post railing up here and brought her upstairs- a few tail wags and within a matter of seconds- buddies for life. When my husband came home- before she even saw him- must have been the garage door opening sound- but she took off for a back bedroom and tried to get under a bed. We both sat in the bedroom with hottie laying there- talking when she came out to see Darrell. She was nervous for a few weeks at home comings-- but slowly little by little turned " the noise of the garage door opening" from a bad thing to a good thing.. Now - she is a Daddys girl but misses me terribly if I am gone. ( sleeping on my side of the bed when I was in the hospital etc.)

lute
01-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Beanie was my mom's replacement pooch for her yorkshire terrier. We adopted him from a no-kill shelter that was, at the time, a cat shelter. There was only one other dog there. As soon as my mom saw Beanie she was in love. His name at the shelter was Rusty, but Beanie fits him so much better!

Gracie is my pride and joy! She was my first show dog. I got her from a breeder in TN. The breeder sent me a pic with the two females available at four weeks old and I automaticly picked Gracie! At nine weeks old I picked her up. She ran right to me like she knew who I was.

Charlie was a gift to my boyfriend. I keep him at my house though. I found a breeder online that didn't live too far from me. We picked Charlie out at three weeks old and picked him up at 6 weeks.

Taz_Zoee
01-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Our Cocker DJ had passed away mid March of 2005. It was up to Bruce if we got another dog, since DJ was his boy before we met. He had decided to wait a while on getting a dog. Everyday when we came home, walked by one of the doors to the backyard or went out into the garage our hearts sank because we thought of him.
Bruce finally decided it was time to start looking. I asked my sister for help and she sent me a link to a breeder in the next town over. The site showed two available puppies (I think it was a black tri and a read tri), so I called her. That's when I found out the two puppies the site was showing as available was not updated. She had a red tri and a blue merle girl that was brought back because the people who originally bought her found out they were allergic to her.
It was Friday April 8th, 2005 and Bruce went over to "look" at them. We had sort of already decided on the blue merle (as a child we had a blue merle boy that adopted us). But I insisted he take a look at the red tri girl too.
He called me from the breeders and told me he was taking her home. Which one?!?!? I asked. The blue merle, I can't say no to those eyes!!! he said.
But what about the other one, did you even give her a chance? I asked.
Yeah, she's cute, but this one is beautiful!! he said.
So that's how we came about with Zoee (who is two years old today!).
:D:D:D

borzoimom
01-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Zubin- I had known the breeder for then 7 years- on a waiting list for a show puppy- always ended up one short.. Finally the day to come get " John" ( zubin) I arrived to see the most beautiful set up I have ever seen in my LIFE! She walked me out to the kennel when I saw the pups playing in the open yard. I walked in- all came to see me- but quickly going back to play. I knew which one was 'John" but Sundance kept going over to me over and over- flopping his 40 pound body into my lap as I sat on the ground.. Zubin watched getting up to play with his sister ( Galina) but basically had already worn himself out. The breeder ( my dear friend) said " well what do you think?".. Painfully I said- well he is just beautiful- but this one ( pointing at sundance perched in my lap chewing on my shoes) this one is more open in temperment. She said " if you want an obedience dog - Sundance is the one- if you want show- its John..".. Then she let out the sire- and Zubin totally changed- running around, coming back to me- diving back at his dad. I could see his movement- clumsy but there... She said " Michael ( his dad) livens him up- but he is perfect for show- and reserved enough to deal with Hottie..".. I left- still with sundance on my mind..
I arrived home, to have my husband bring out HOttie and Femka- Zubin GROWLED.. We both laughed- then he licked hotties face- then femka and we came in the house- Zubin spend the better part of the day checking out the house- asking to go out- learned how to take a lead and wear a collar- and that the rest- well he owns the house...