PDA

View Full Version : I had surgery yesterday

Nomilynn
01-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Long time no post, but things have been somewhat hectic in my life lately. I moved at the beginning of November. Things at work took to some restructuring and I've been busy working that in. I met a new man shortly after I moved and he's the most incredible person I've ever met and I'm so happy, so I have been spending time with him. I went away for Christmas and then I had my tonsilectomy and uvulectomy yesterday, which basically means my tonsils, the hangy ball, and tissue from the back of my throat was removed to try and correct my obstructive sleep apnea. My throat is SO painful but so far no snoring, and I am taking that as a good sign because it's very swollen back there. It's just so hard to swallow right now and I have to take all these pills so it's a challenge. I can't wait until I can have a hot cup of tea but for now everything has to be room temperature or cold to make sure I don't bleed. My mom came out to be with me while I recover a bit so that is nice for me. I also have some time off work to heal properly, plus I'm taking T3s so I'm too dopey to work anyhow. I'm really hoping by monday I can eat at least warm food again.

Anyhoo just thought I would check in with you all since it's been forever. Hope all is well.

Naomi

Killearn Kitties
01-12-2007, 03:23 AM
Ooooooo that sounds painful! Lovely to hear from you, and I hope you start to feel better very, very soon! :D Love to the kitties.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-12-2007, 05:07 AM
So glad to hear from you! Sounds like you've been busy......... sorry to hear you had to have surgery .. but i'm sure it will help and I hope you are better soon. I can imagine that you are ready to eat warm foods again!!!

Hope you are able to post more.. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Eat lots of icecream! That was what the doc ordered to my daughter last year, after her tonsils were removed. It helps to unswell!

Take care, and good luck with your new friend!!

RedHedd
01-12-2007, 08:31 AM
It's SO good to see you posting again. Sounds like your life has been a rollercoaster ride, but with a new man and lots of ice cream, sounds like it's all on the up and up. Hope your throat heals up quickly.

joycenalex
01-12-2007, 08:34 AM
good to hear from you. besides the t3s, can you use chloraseptic spray to numb the tender areas on your throat? hugs, joyce

Felicia's Mom
01-12-2007, 08:42 AM
I so happy to hear from you again. I hope things look up for you soon.

ramanth
01-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Owie!!! :( I hope you heal quickly and can enjoy that nice hot cup of tea soon.

Great hearing from you! :)

borzoimom
01-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Ouch!
If I remember right- cold things keep the blood from unclotting at the site of the surgery. Remember ice cream???

Cataholic
01-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi, Stranger! Glad to hear from you, sorry about your painful throat, and post more often!!!

Johanna

Logan
01-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Glad your mom is there to help you, Naomi. Get well soon!!!! :)

Logan

Chica
01-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi, sorry you had surgery, but it will get better soon!!!!!! I had my tonsils taken out, and I had a lot of icecream and jello, pudding, cold apple juice. :) GET WELL!!!

gini
01-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Naomi, I am so glad you checked in. Wow - what news!! I hope you are feeling better soon and enjoying time with your new man.

Rachel
01-12-2007, 03:42 PM
My, you have been a busy girl. And you were very brave girl too, to go through your operation. Here's hoping that it has resolved the problems for which it was intended. If so, all this pain and discomfort will be worth it in the end. Like Logan, I am glad you have some mothering. That always helps. Keep us up on how you are doing.

slick
01-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Nomi, I'm just seeing this now. You know where I am. Just call me and I'll be there to help you in any way I can. You were so kind to me during my sir jury....let me reciprocate somehow.

{{{hugs}}}

PS: does this mean you can eat a bucketload of ice cream?? ;)

Chica
01-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi, how are you feeling today? :) I hope you are better today!!!

Nomilynn
01-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks for everyone's thoughtful replies. My mom and Brian have gone to the store for me to get me baby food and pasta sauce. :P I'm going to attempt some solid foods tonight.. yay!

I will do my best to post more often :) I will keep you updated!

Thanks!

PS - I am kinda hopped up on codiene at the moment.. I hope I'm making sense haha

krazyaboutkatz
01-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Naomi, It's great to see you posting again.:) I'm sorry to hear that you had to have surgery but I hope that you'll recover quickly and feel better very soon. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

zoey
01-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Sending out quick healing vibes! :D

Almita
01-12-2007, 11:19 PM
So good to see you on here again and posting! Long time no see, hope everything will go well, like someone said eat lots of ice cream! :p . Hope you get fast recovery from the surgery.

wolf_Q
01-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Nice to hear from you again, Naomi. I'm glad you're doing well--other than being very sore! Get feeling better soon!

K9karen
01-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Hope you're feeling better, Naomi and scarfed down gallons of ice cream. No calorie worry this time.

Excuse my stupiddity..what the heck is the purpose of the hangy thing at the back of the throat (the gaggy thing). Can you function normally without it? Glad you're not snoring. Sleep apena really messes up getting a good night's sleep. My brother still has it, despite surgery for a deviated septum.

Sounds like Brian is there for you too, That's so great! Hope 2007 is the start of an awesome year for you.

shais_mom
01-12-2007, 11:58 PM
sorry you are going thru this Nom but I hope it helps your sleep apnea.
Good Luck!

trayi52
01-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Naomi, glad to see you back. I hope you will be doing better soon. Just eat lots of ice cream, and get well soon!

Willie :)