PDA

View Full Version : What are your hobbies?

areias
01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Don't know if this has been done before, but here it is. A hobby thread!

Figured we could all get to know each other a little more. Anything really....just curious. Of course I think most of our hobbies are our animals but besides that...

I don't really have any major hobbies. I ride horses (probably the most expensive hobby ever!) I like to draw every now and then, I like to play around and make graphics on the computer. Watching baseball is probably a "secret" hobby of mine too (Go Red Sox!). And I like movies.

So, what is your hobby?

Chilli
01-11-2007, 09:40 PM
My hobbies mainly consist of:
Dirtbiking, Drawing, Writing Music & Playing it, Learning German, Writing Poetry, & a wee bit of photography.

And lately.. I learned to crochet. n__n So I've been playing around with that.

Sevaede
01-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I have always enjoyed the arts. I can usually be found drawing, writing, pixeling, etc. :D

I enjoy learning as weird as that may sound. :p Languages are a hobby. :) I like being outside, walking around, visiting with friends, etc. :)

binka_nugget
01-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't have a lot of spare time these days but when I do have some time to myself, I like to make graphics & sites, read, play my guitar, breed fish :p, take photos and shop! (That counts right? :p)

Pembroke_Corgi
01-11-2007, 09:57 PM
My biggest hobby is probably travel. I LOVE traveling. I've been to 46 out of 50 states, and 9 different countries. :)

I also love to go hiking and shopping and trying new places to eat- I especially like to try new desserts. Or having my husband make a nice meal for me. ;)

I enjoy my pets, playing piano, and reading at home.

Logan
01-11-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm afraid that most of my life, outside of work, is centered around the activities that our teenage children are involved in (especially sports) and our dogs. There are things that I enjoy doing, but simply don't have time to do, right now.

There will be time for me to look into other things in the future......too soon, actually. I want to learn to play golf (hope it isn't too late) and I would like to spend more time in my pet therapy opportunities.

Logan

jackmilliesmom
01-12-2007, 05:11 AM
I love to cook and try out new combinations of food that I think of myself it helps me unwind and if I need it I could spend the day in the kitchen (provided I don't have to clean the mess up afterwards that is what John is for), I also like to read, walk the dogs with my husband and go motor rallying (as a spectator)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-12-2007, 05:39 AM
I have a big time interest!!..... like I love motorcross/supercross! x-games type stuff .... Racing! but have never got a chance to be "involved" in them...

My only real hobby is modifying cars. I put a lot of money into my last car but had to trade it in when I got pregnant.... :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p1aac2a3df62523413f2d281dcabbfdd1/fa9c9e83.jpg

i miss her !!!!!!! :(

Now i have a larger 4 door car... and the only mods I'v done so far are new wheels and i've lowered it. One day (when i grow up ;) ) I want a show car..... and not my everyday driver.. one that is just for show !!! :D

borzoimom
01-12-2007, 07:39 AM
I love to show the dogs- addicted to dog shows you would say..
Other than that- I like to do cross stitch, latch hook rugs, and turn wood on my lathe.. ( yes- I said turn wood... lol..)

Marigold2
01-12-2007, 07:55 AM
I love to garden. I start my seeds on 1.31 always. That takes up a lot of my spare time since I have huge flowerbeds. I like to cook, read, spend time with my pets, go to art shows, travel when possible, do crafts. And I have some great friends that I hang out with and do lots of fun things will.

joycenalex
01-12-2007, 08:38 AM
i love to garden, i find it's relaxing to sit in the yard after a day and enjoy the color show, spring to fall, now it's damp and rather blah in this mild winter. i love to read and home improvements/remodeling is taking up alot of time. i love travel and will be taking a water color class soon.

ramanth
01-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Non animal related, I'd say my big hobby is costuming. I make costumes and wear them to conventions or other types of events (such as charities and visiting sick children in the hospital). I currently have 7 costumes.

I've always loved Halloween and dressing up and this way, I can pretty much dress up year round! :D

It's also a hobby that I met my husband through.

I used to do a lot of drawing and reading but have been in a bit of a funk lately. I have a lot of books on my shelves that I've never read and I'm trying to get back into it.

As for animal related hobbies, I occasionally help out with rescue transports which I really enjoy. I'd like to get involved in agility with Chipper eventually. We'll see. :)

Blue_Frog
01-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Hobbies when I have time (and not at work) --

- I make a lot of crafts (pretty much anything - jewellery, wirework, stained glass, embroidery, polymer clay, wet and dry felting, sewing, etc.) - pretty much anything crafty I can do, i've got about 12-15 plastic totes filled with craft supplies in the basement.

- I collect rocks, and go mineral hunting to different dig sites when I can - handy having my mom and my cottage near Bancroft (good sites for minerals).

- Computer stuff and video games. Mostly RPG, some action, adventure and puzzle games - currently have a DS, Xbox, Xbox360, PS2, several PS1's, and going back the Super Nintendo, Nintendo, and a working Atari. I've always liked games since my dad brought home the Atari when i was about 4 :)

cmayer31
01-12-2007, 12:32 PM
My just for me hobbies are:
Hiking.
Photography.
Classic cars
Spending time in the desert with my dirtbike and truck.

A few years ago I was pretty serious about archery, tournament not hunting, but since moving I haven't really found an active group. I hope to be able to get back into it.

Argranade
01-12-2007, 02:34 PM
In the summer I catch wild adult birds with my bare hands and take 1 or 2 tail feathers from them, sounds kinda mean but I pull the feathers real fast so they don't feel anything, I then draw a photo of that birds breed, then use those real feathers for the tail. (I glue the feathers onto the painting).

I completly made this up and I think they look awsome, I usualy give them away for gifts then.

I also love, Soccer, Photography, Art, Helping wild birds and climbing tree's for baby birds in there nests, I can find at least 7 hidden bird nests in a day ... then I can go so close to the nests that I can actualy touch the baby birds but of course I don't ... I just snap a photo of them, as long as the parents are not around. :)

This summer I'll show you some amazing close ups of rare baby birds ^_^

GreyhoundGirl
01-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Ballet since I was 2. :eek: Piano since I was 5. AGILITY! since a couple springs ago. Math (how many kids like math, really?) Pet Talk! Jogging (with Jenny, O' course ;) )

Trumpet, gabbling (Gabbly is changed to "ing" correct???) with Borzoimom most of the time sometimes Zara, Monica or others, KTTC, climbing trees, listening to the radio to see if any school buses are cancelled LOL :D ,

Sightseeing on "available dogs" on greyhound rescue sites, daydreaming, trying to count to 1000000000 (apperentally it takes 95 years non-stop, I haven't made it that far... YET! I always get bored, tired and hungry )

Here are the sorta strange ones. If you've met me in real life, you'd know these.... LOL

Trying to annoy to the fullest anyone around me, Insisting that the name of our team should be the Flamming Warthog Pickles with Wings (really DON'T ASK about this one. :p ), Correcting the teachers, (this amuses me greatly)

Wearing around 30 lbs of jewlery daily. Telling people all the jewlery is to premote piracy. If people raise one eyebrow at the mass jewlery I just raise one at their lack of jewlery (this was quite amusing when the principal raised an eyebrow...I've checked the rules, no where does it say there is a limit on how much jewlery you can wear Muh ha ha ha! )

Stareing at people for no reason whatsoever. Changing languages halfway through a conversation with the purpose of confising the other person.

Obeying the rule "no throwing snowballs at school" and noticing that there is no rule that says "no throwing balls of grass glued together"

Imagining whatteachers do on their time off. Taking books on Piracy out of the library while wearing my pirate outfit (which I wear almost daily) and giving the librarien a crazy, drunk look.

Bragging during lunch about my evil plots and schemes. Laughing like a phyco. Disapperaring to mysterious places unknown to the general public.

Telling a teacher that me and one of her colleagues were laughing about her the other day- then run off before she can ask why (yes, if you're reading this AlyssaG2, YES!).

telling the gas station attendant that he should consider replacing his gas with photos of dogs. I run on a fuel of dog photos (and sighthounds are like Super)

Complaining about the weather, argueing when I know I'm right. Making sure I use all my rights and abuse them when nesesairy.

Making up facts and asking people if they knew them, saying actual facts and asking people if they knew them, playing stupid when I don't like something.

Screaming random things in Pirate down the hall in my pirate accent. "Hey you! Make fast the bunt gasket, scurry!" Forgetting which one is right and left, and only ever refering to them as starboard and port.

Hitting everybody while drunkenly swinging my hockey stick during floor hockey.Offering to hire people to be my defence in court-not telling them what for.

memorising the periodic table, running like JACK SPARROW DURING GYM! ROFLAMO!!!! In case you don't know Jack runs leaning backwards and swinging his arms in circles exstatically. LOL

borzoimom
01-12-2007, 02:50 PM
" flameing warthogs.. lol..
The rest- ohhhhhhhhhhh yea- especially changing languages-- you know alot more than me, and leave me in the dust.. lol..

Zippy
01-12-2007, 02:58 PM
-Cats and Bettas
-Reading
-Movies and DVDs
-some Photography
-listening to music
-chatting online mostly PT
-researching diff.kinds of animals

cassiesmom
01-12-2007, 05:37 PM
hmmm... hobbies... Music! Former member of church choir and handbells. Now I play the flute in the church praise band. I used to sing in a local community chorus and gave that up to join a nearby community theatre ensemble. I went from the ensemble to the orchestra pit a couple of years ago.

I received a digital camera for Christmas - I've never been a good photographer, so I'm taking a class in February. I'm happy about that because I'll be able to post photos on Pet Talk! You'll all get to meet Cassie Kitty!

I learned counted cross-stitch in college but I haven't actually done it for a really long time.

Flatcoatluver
01-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I love training and showing in agility. It's my passion. I also love music(contry). I love volunteering at humane socitys and nursing homes. I like taking pictures even though my camera is not a great quality.

xcolbi
01-12-2007, 06:06 PM
trying to count to 1000000000 (apperentally it takes 95 years non-stop

Trying to annoy to the fullest anyone around me, Insisting that the name of our team should be the Flamming Warthog Pickles with Wings (really DON'T ASK about this one. :p )

Telling a teacher that me and one of her colleagues were laughing about her the other day- then run off before she can ask why (yes, if you're reading this AlyssaG2, YES!).

Hitting everybody while drunkenly swinging my hockey stick during floor hockey.Offering to hire people to be my defence in court-not telling them what for.

Oh yeah, haha! The Flamin Warthogish Pickles with Wings! Lol, but IT IS the SHARKS! Or the tiger sharks, not sure. If anyone else is reading this, "The Flaming Warthogish Pickles" is what Michelle insists on calling our basketball team in gym. :rolleyes:

I'm not quite understanding the whole running away from the teacher before she can ask why...did I do it? Was I there? How does it involve me? Lol.

Yes, you seriously hurt Mahrukh that one time (exaggeration). How dare you hit her in the stomach with your hockey stick! :p

xcolbi
01-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I have quite a few hobbies. I LOVE reading. Always hate when the teacher says put your books away. I love going to the movie theatre! I love going to the park with my friends, or going to Shortline with them (Convenience Store, lots of candy and good movies!:D) I love being on the computer. I would be playing my games or be on the internet for 24 hours if I could! Um, I love writing stories, and I'm quite good at it too. 100% on the last story I wrote for school :D I love playing sports. Especially figure skating, flag football, basketball, volleyball, and badminton. Very fun. I love listening to music, and playing my saxophone. It's addicting ;) I LOVE traveling. If only I had the money to do it more often! I've got lots more hobbies, but I don't feel like thinking right now :p

Almita
01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
My hobbies are:

Taking pictures
Drawing
Writing lyrics
Playing my guitar
Playing my piano
Playing my violin
Tennis
Singing
Designing sites, graphics etc.
Writing

sparks19
01-12-2007, 06:31 PM
My biggest hobby right now is beading :D I love it. I love to make jewellry.

dab_20
01-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I enjoy playing hockey, photography (or at least attempting ;) ), camping/other outdoorsy things, singing, playing piano, volenteering at shelters/kennels, reading, hanging out with friends and family, listening to music, and much more. :)

Cincy'sMom
01-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Doing therapy work with the dogs, sports (playing soccer, softabll and volleyball, watching football, NASCAR and college basketball), and reading. We just bought golf clubs the end of last year and went out a few times, so I am hoping to pick that up more this summer. I'm also trying to get into scrapbooking to use the millions of pictures I have, but mostly I've collected alot of supplies right now.

borzoimom
01-13-2007, 08:07 AM
hmmm... hobbies... Music! Former member of church choir and handbells. Now I play the flute in the church praise band. I used to sing in a local community chorus and gave that up to join a nearby community theatre ensemble. I went from the ensemble to the orchestra pit a couple of years ago.....
I learned counted cross-stitch in college but I haven't actually done it for a really long time.
OMG- I KNEW WE HAD ALOT IN COMMON!! I also played the flute- started in 5th grade, then later in high school and college- other woodwinds- and sung in the choir- eventually was accepted into Westminster- memories I will never forget for my lifetime!

GreyhoundGirl
01-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Oh yeah, haha! The Flamin Warthogish Pickles with Wings! Lol, but IT IS the SHARKS! Or the tiger sharks, not sure. If anyone else is reading this, "The Flaming Warthogish Pickles" is what Michelle insists on calling our basketball team in gym. :rolleyes:

I'm not quite understanding the whole running away from the teacher before she can ask why...did I do it? Was I there? How does it involve me? Lol.

Yes, you seriously hurt Mahrukh that one time (exaggeration). How dare you hit her in the stomach with your hockey stick! :p

No, it involves *lowers voice to a whisper* Mrs. Macdougall. ;) ask her on monday.

JuniorxMyxLove
01-13-2007, 06:13 PM
hmm... I ride[haha, yea, it must be the most expensive hobby!] horses alot

I draw...horses...big surprise, I know =]

I like going for walks with Sadie..LONG walks...

I like playing the piano a bit, not much though.

I scrapbook in my extra time

I write stories...I guess I'm good, gotten a few 105%'s on my horse pieces =]

I volunteer at the therapy riding stables..my friends sister rides there.So much fun helping out there!

Suki Wingy
01-13-2007, 07:31 PM
riding although I only take once a week lessons at the moment :( I hope to get a car so I can go to the barn every day after school and help out in exchange for discount on shareboarding, or just to be on the show team. I also pretty much am adicted to the computer and photomanipulation on photoshop. I like to read genetics reports and studies and stuff like that. I try not to fail school.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-13-2007, 10:07 PM
My pets are my main hobby. I spend the majority of my day with them and I enjoy it more than anything else.

I enjoy watching old TV shows and reading. I also enjoy cooking and taking pictures, though I'm not too good at either.

cloverfdx
01-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Flyball (With the dogs), Photography, Herding (Again with the Border Collies).

Alysser
01-13-2007, 11:00 PM
I have alot of hobbies, some I don't due much anymore, some I do quite often:
-Draw
-Read
-Photography
-Design Graphics
-Birding
-Golf

critter crazy
01-13-2007, 11:11 PM
My biggest hobby is my family, next comes the critters. Then during my spare time i love to take pics, draw, read, and owling. Ilove bowling, i bowl on a league and have so much fun, i have been doing it since i was 8.

wolfsoul
01-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Mostly dog training (when I'm not competing, which I don't have the time to do often, I am training for competition -- conformation, agility, rally-o, herding, obedience, etc). Other than training for competition, doing the competing itself.

Photography is my next passion. I love my job as a dog groomer. Drawing, painting, crossword puzzles, writing, singing, are some other things I can think of.

I_luv_rusty
01-13-2007, 11:43 PM
I have a few...
-Photography
-Computer Graphic, Design,etc.
-Horse-Back Riding (When ever I can)
-Shopping
-Watching movies, I like watch movies 24/7 :p
-Some other thing, can't remember

lute
01-14-2007, 12:17 AM
I LOVE to work out! I go to the gym every day!

I spend a lot of my time online reading and studying about animals.

I like to hang with my friends.

I Love going to dog shows!

I love fourwheelin, fishin, campin, hiking. Anything outdoors!

Kfamr
01-14-2007, 08:38 AM
My dogs - Most of my hobbies are based around them.
Photography
Going to the beach
Scrapbooking
Photoshop
Going to shows/concerts

ComedyDevil
01-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Oooh ... I have LOADS. I'm one of those people who always likes to be busy and doing something. Here's a few (not in order)

- Photography
- Spinning poi
- Spinning fire
- Juggling
- Singing
- Nature
- Exercise/keeping fit
- Writing
- Drawing
- Computers (photo editing/graphics, and HTML)
- Playing music (guitar, digeridoo, drums, piano, etc)
- Horses (riding and carriage driving)
- Modifying my van (It's a '78 Bedford CF, im in the process of gutting and refitting the inside at the moment)
- Dogs - (training, heelwork to music, agility ... about to start flyball training with Dylan)

And about a billion other things. :p

mike001
01-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Training dogs
Reading
Doing therapy work with my dogs.
Helping at the nursing home.
Playing the piano. ;)

IRescue452
01-14-2007, 05:34 PM
aquariums, more of an obsession than a hobby

xcolbi
01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
No, it involves *lowers voice to a whisper* Mrs. Macdougall. ;) ask her on monday.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you're talking about. Is that when we were writing the newspaper article? Lol. I really have no clue what you're talking about :p