PDA

View Full Version : Hello from AnnaBelle ....

kimlovescats
01-11-2007, 08:58 PM
AnnaBelle finally got a beauty parlor appointment today, so she let me take her picture. ;)

For some reason though, looking at these pictures tonight just really makes me sad. I am seeing how her body is losing its tone, and how she is having to bear all her weight on her front legs .... causing her to bow them so far apart. If it weren't for Gretta, I think she would give up. :(

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Img_4044.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/IMG_4052.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Img_4056.jpg

So happy to see "sister" as soon as she got back home:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Img_4049.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Img_4063.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Img_4046.jpg

elizabethann
01-11-2007, 09:16 PM
She looks so beautiful!

Taz_Zoee
01-11-2007, 09:33 PM
She looks so beautiful!!

What about one of those carts to support her back legs? That might take some strain of her front legs??

I am fairly new here, so I am not sure of your dogs situation. So that was just a suggestion. :)

chocolatepuppy
01-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Aww, AnnaBelle is so pretty! What good friends she must be with Gretta. Cute pics. :)

shais_mom
01-12-2007, 12:47 AM
smooches to the little sweetie!

Danegirl2208
01-12-2007, 01:18 AM
What a beautiful little girl!! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-12-2007, 05:20 AM
She looks soooo cute in those pictures!! something about her face is so sweet and precious! I would love to give her a hug! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
01-12-2007, 05:29 AM
aaaawwww she is gorgeous - lovely picture of the two of them together :D and the one with the kitty.......

Pam
01-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Kim I have been looking forward to these pictures since you mentioned in another thread that you'd have some "after the beauty shop visit" pictures soon.

My eyes are welling up with tears now. She is a beautiful girl and I can see the desire to play in her eyes. It breaks my heart that she is not able to follow through due to her handicap. Ripley says she still makes his heart go pitter patter. :)

Please give AnnaBelle a big hug from me and give another one to Gretta for being such a caring sister. While you are at it, give yourself a hug. You deserve one with all that you and your family have been going through. :) (((hugs)))

Freedom
01-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi Annabelle! Your mommie was keeping you all to herself and not sharing our loveliness with ANY of us here on PT! It is so good so see you straight from the beauty parlor. What a nice coloring you have, dear!

Hi Kim! How old is she? Someone mentioned a handicap? She still has sparkle in her eyes, that's a nice sign!!!

borzoimom
01-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Annabelle- you look great! And I love the first picture- lots of life in her eyes. She sure does love Gretta doesnt she?

Logan
01-12-2007, 09:23 AM
She is still beautiful, Kim. I hate that she isn't 100% these days, but she certainly looks very much loved. :) That's what counts!

Logan

Ginger's Mom
01-12-2007, 12:55 PM
She is still a beautiful little girl. I love the picture of her and Greta, how cute! Hugs and kisses to you, Annabelle.

WELOVESPUPPIES
01-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Hello there sweet Annabelle. Your hair looks absolutely marvelous. It is definately true love between you and your sister ;)

Daisy and Delilah
01-12-2007, 01:20 PM
She is such a cute doll, Kim!!! I am in love with her. She has the sweetest face. I also want to just hug and kiss her. Please do that for me. What a wonderful sister Gretta is :) :) :)

BC_MoM
01-12-2007, 01:34 PM
What a pretty little girl!! :)

kimlovescats
01-12-2007, 01:40 PM
I want to thank you all for being so sweet to me and my AnnaBelle.
For those who weren't here or aware, one night out of nowhere AnnaBelle became paralyzed from the waist down. We rushed her to the ER vet (middle of the night) and followed up the next morning at our vet. We then rushed her to a surgeon in another town ... all had to be done within the crucial 24 hour window. She had spinal surgery ($3,000.00) and it was 50/50 whether it would work. Her spinal cord was so terribly blue with bruising, the neuro surgeon gave her little to no hope for recovering use of her legs. It will have been 6 months on the 20th of this month. :(

We think that she jumped (as she always did) from my step-son's very low twin bed. She used to eat up there, as she is a small eater and sister Gretta would eat her portion if we didn't put it separately. Apparently she just landed the wrong way and had this fateful injury. We always were so careful about Gretta's back, because she is a Doxie ... but never expected AnnaBelle to be so fragile! :( Please try to limit your dogs' jumping up and down off furniture, it just takes one time landing the wrong way to change their and your lives forever!!!

We had considered a cart for her in the beginning, but she seemed to get around without it and we figured it would be hard to lie down in it. AnnaBelle has always been a bit on the lazy side, so I couldn't see her really utilizing it enough before she would try to plop down somewhere! ;) I never really thought about it being good for support though ... but then again it wouldn't really help with the support if she was trying to sit or lie most of the time. We will have to give the cart some more thought!

Pam ... give Ripley (and Bella) some puppy kisses from AnnaBelle and hugs to you and them from me as well!!!! :)

Kim

BitsyNaceyDog
01-12-2007, 08:05 PM
You know what? I was thinking about her not 10 minutes ago. I'm so glad you posted these pictures. Her hair cut looks wonderful, I'm sure it made her feel good. She looks so happy with Gretta. My Nacey and Nova are close like that, often 'kissing' and grooming each other.

How is Kenny doing?

Almita
01-12-2007, 08:36 PM
AnnaBelle is such a beauty! Her adorable face is such a gorgeous and caring face. Soo cute thanks for sharing with us AnnaBelle's pictures.

kimlovescats
01-12-2007, 10:06 PM
You know what? I was thinking about her not 10 minutes ago. I'm so glad you posted these pictures. Her hair cut looks wonderful, I'm sure it made her feel good. She looks so happy with Gretta. My Nacey and Nova are close like that, often 'kissing' and grooming each other.

How is Kenny doing?

Thank you! Here is a recent thread for Kenny.
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1714658#post1714658

zoey
01-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Annabelle is quite beautiful. :)
She and Gretta really look like they love each other a lot.
That picture shows it!
Though Annabelle might not have the full use of her body right now, you can certainly tell there's a lot going on behind those eyes. - A good mind, in other words, in that picture 2nd from the last. Aww the first pic really looks like she's posing with her *do*. (hairdo, that is) :D
Zoey

Muddy4paws
01-15-2007, 05:10 AM
She looks so precious and very huggable!