PDA

View Full Version : YAY Lilly is a Mama!!!pics added *2/05/07*Post #63!

DrKym
01-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi all! see Updated thread! Lilly is doing Great so far! I dont know how to link the old thread with this one :confused: but we have 3 new family additions so far, 1 Grey and 2 blackies. We will post pics when Mama leaves for a potty break, will update as more arrive. gtg for a bit to be with MamaLilly :)

UPDATED PICS OF KITTENS

thats Dad cking them out btw

catmandu
01-11-2007, 06:40 PM
All right, New Kittens have arrived.
Little Cats of the Future, and we have some super cute Photos on the way, I betcha!!
Con Cat Ulations!!

DrKym
01-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks Gary! Lilly says thank you too! her 4th was born a few minutes ago and looks like a tabby baby(we can see his stripies. Hers? ) Either way mama has a Grey 2 blackies and a tabby! Thanks to the Porch cats and you for the well wishes in her delicate time!

critter crazy
01-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Awwww.....That is so awsome!!! Cant wait to see piccies of the babies!!!

DrKym
01-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks! we just took a few and they are all washed out will try again in a bit, I don't want to stress mommy, but....turning on the closet light may help, I don't think that would stress her as she is used to Adrian turning on the light and off in the mornings when she has been in there.

wolflady
01-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Awwww! Congrats to the new mamma! :)

RedHedd
01-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Aww congrats! Can't wait for pics of the newbies.

DrKym
01-11-2007, 07:26 PM
This is really silly but I forgot how cute and precious newborns were! Thank you all. And if we hadn't already agreed to keep them ,after seeing them there is no way they would go anywhere now anyway! Will be calling the Vet tomorrow, so he can drop by and check mama and the babies. As of right now we have 4 babies, which brings us to 9 cats total*sigh* this coming from the woman who SWORE after Solomon died in 2003 at 23 yrs old NO MORE CATS EVER! Goes to the corner for the sadly mistaken LOL

Kalei
01-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Yay! I am so happy for you and Lilly! I bet those little babies are so adorable and they sound like they are going to be so so pretty! I know what you mean, I told myself no more bunnies after my Baby died in 2002 and was only a mere 2 years old, but now I have a bunny and I love her soooo much! I'm glad you got more kitties! I can't wait to see the pictures they are going to bring cuteness to overload:D

phesina
01-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Congratulations to momma and babies (and the proud grandparents!). Welcome to the world, little sweet kittens!

Peony, Poppy, Priscilla, Elmer, Sydney, and Pat

Danegirl2208
01-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Congrats to you and Lilly on the new little ones!! :D

DrKym
01-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Ty Phesina!

LOl when I saw Peony and Poppy I thought you were helping with name ( all Lillys brothers and Sister were named for flowers!)

Give your flowers a scratch for us! and a big hug to the ones that aren't named for flowers! :D

cassiesmom
01-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Dr. Goodnow, is Lily done delivering the babies? How are mom and babies doing? Is she resting? I hope no problems or anything. Let's see, a grey, a tabby and two blackies. Flower names. Wasn't Flower a Disney character's name? Naming baby kitties is hard. I'll stop suggesting now. Will you let us know what names you choose?

Karen
01-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Flower names:

Rose
Dahlia
Dandy (Dandelion)
William (Sweet William is the flower)
Petunia
Violet
Iris
Fern (not strictly a flower)
Cherry (blossom)
Clover

Flower was the name of the skunk in the Disney movie Bambi!

DrKym
01-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Cassiesmom, yes Flower was ,but lilly and her 3 littermates came to us on Easter day last yer as 2 week old kits, their mom was a feral and had been hit on the road. My son brought them home, and raised them (yes shameless mommy plug there cause we are proud of him at 10 yrs old) So we named the litter after Easter Flowers we had around, except Belladonna which we had growing wild in the yard in Az. So Lilly, Iris Hyacinth and Belladonna became family. Traveled 1900 miles with us to Illinois, and now Lilly has presented us with a new year family, so suggest away!

All the babies are fine Mama has taken a meal break so we think she is done at 4 babies. First look seems we have 3 girls and a Tabby boy.

Dr.Pope called back and he will be by around 3 our time tomorrow, to give a check on mama and her angels.

aki
01-11-2007, 08:20 PM
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! baby kitties! :D

can't wait to see the pics!

~Aki

kimlovescats
01-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Congratulations to ALL! :D

DrKym
01-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Karen I love Violet and Cherry! now for the Grey and the Tabby name! :eek:

These pics are washed out, as I said. But we will take a few more when mama leaves to potty break!

trayi52
01-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Congratulations, on the new kittens!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Willie :)

DrKym
01-11-2007, 08:38 PM
pics added *bump* LOL

Vermontcat
01-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Congratulations on the kittens! :D
It's nice to see a couple of pictures, I can't wait to see more of them as they grow up. :)

phesina
01-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh, look at them... newborn kittens, can there be anything sweeter?

Peony and Poppy and the non-flower-children all thank you for the scratches and hugs, Dr. Goodnow!

"Tulip" was the name of a cat I once saw at a cat show. Since then I've thought that would be a nice name for another flower-child cat.

Congratulations to the whole family!

Pat and kits

Lori Jordan
01-11-2007, 09:02 PM
AWWWW,Babies are always a blessing,They grow fast i have had my share of kittens,I will look forward too watching them grow,Hugs to you!!!

DrKym
01-11-2007, 09:02 PM
YAY only one name to go! I think I will let Gary name it...........GARYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY where are you and your angels?????

We have Violet, Cherry and Tulip we need a Tabby name! Will you do the honors Catmandu???

DrKym
01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
new pics on first post,these came out thanks to Jas :rolleyes: I am soooooooooo camera dunce!

cassiesmom
01-11-2007, 10:41 PM
YAY only one name to go! I think I will let Gary name it...........GARYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY where are you and your angels?????

We have Violet, Cherry and Tulip we need a Tabby name! Will you do the honors Catmandu???

Look at the baby kitties! Oh, my. Pick the perfect name, Catmandu! Congratulations Mama Lilly!

DrKym
01-11-2007, 11:13 PM
I am certain he will cassiesmom! Gary ahd a Knack for Knames! and all of his Cats are so lovely! Lilly will be honored to have a Catmandu name on one of her babies! They are so sweet!

My favorite pic is of the daddy kitty checking them out, and Lilly just leaning back to show him!

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Congrats on the new babies!!!:D I'm glad to hear that mother and babies are all doing well.:)

I wonder what name Gary will come up with. If it needs to be a flower name, the only masculine name I can think of right now would be Snapdragon.:)

orangemm
01-12-2007, 04:01 AM
Congratulations on the new kittens! Lily does look like the proud mama as she should. What a lovely little family!!!

CultureJunky
01-12-2007, 05:01 AM
:D So many cutesy little ones to look at. Mummy looks so proud, what a wonderful girl doing that all by herself. What an amazing girl.
Congrats on being cat grandparents you should be very proud as we all are here on Pet Talk! Well done Lilly :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Awwwwwwwwww, so cute!!!

catmandu
01-12-2007, 08:31 AM
I know that Karina Angel who had several litter was there to help with the delivery.
And Suzie Angel was there too to help out.
Thats so great to see that the Babies came out safely and are well too.
Con Cat Ulations on your New Cats Of The Future.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/Scan10038.jpg

My Smoke Angel nw at peace with the Pet Angel Army.

Queen of Poop
01-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Ohhhhh, I love kittens. Congratulations to the new kitten family. I know you are waiting for Gary to name the male tabby. But as I was reading this a thought came to mind. The momma is Lilly. What about naming the boy Tiger. As in Tiger Lilly - my favorite of all the lillies.

DrKym
01-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Gary has graciously agreed to help, so we will wait to hear the name of Last Kitty from the House of Catmandu!

Lilly and her flowerbuds,Tulip,Violet, and Cherry and the Unnamed one are all doing very well.

Lilly has a good apetite back,her vet said she looks fine, and the kits all look healthy and well formed. They will all be going to see him in 8 weeks to be neutered.

The boys have taken a look, found they are just kittens and got bored pretty fast LOL

Rusty gets as closr as Lilly will let him wagging his stub, he can't wait to mama them, Sequoia could care less that they have arrived, and Goofball mothers Lilly as she has always done. (lilly likes Goof a lot more than she trusts Rusty :rolleyes: no accounting for brains there LOL)

Thank you all so much for joining in our happiness, we all need some wondeful news to brighten our day to day lives! These furballs certainly brightened up ours. *goes looking for another cat tree and more litterboxes to have ready before they grow out of the kitten box* :eek:

cassiesmom
01-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Just checking to see if Uncle Catmandu picked a name yet :) :D

DrKym
01-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Not yet cassiesmom! Waiting with baited breath here......... ;)

Reachoutrescue
01-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Congrats on the babies!! I am so happy for you and Lily! I bet she will make a great momma! The names are adorable....come on GARY...where is the last name at??? Can't wait to see them as they grow.

catmandu
01-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Would you consider naming the Kitten

SMOKE?
My Angel Cat was not well cared for ,and she would love to have a little one named after her.
She would come down and visit and bring a stolen drumstick for the babies to chew on , and the Momma Cat too.
There are many Smokies, but few Smokes.
We thank you for the privledge of naming that last Cat of the Future.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-13-2007, 11:28 AM
How wonderful!!! 4 new babies to not only fall in love with, but get to watch grow up!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

critter crazy
01-13-2007, 11:36 AM
okay so where are the new pics?????:D

RedHedd
01-13-2007, 11:53 AM
okay so where are the new pics?????:D
I think he posted them way at the beginning - I know, confusing :rolleyes: :confused: :p :D

DrKym
01-13-2007, 12:01 PM
New Pics to be added later today! and yes Gary the last baby is now Smoke!

In honor of your well loved Smoke, and your cat Angels that helped bring these babies safely here!

Lilly says Thank You, and she is much honored to have her little babe carry such a Fine Name! :D

Happsmom
01-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Welcome, new kitties! I, too, have nine cats, and one dog, in our family. 7 of the cats came from the animal shelter that I work at, and the other two cats I had before them, one from its birth (now 8 yrs. old) and one rescued from a bad situation.
Congratulations, and I HOPE they are all going to be spayed &/or neutered!
At the shelter, I have to deal with homeless animals every day, and it is an "open access " place, which means that we can't refuse to take any cats or dogs that are brought in, which also means that we have to euthanise for space. I HATE THAT!!! People think we are a "dumping ground" for society's unwanted and cast-off critters. I is sad and tragic beyond words. I am amazed at the lack of caring in humanity. If a person cannot afford to keep a pet , they shouldn't have one. Period.

DrKym
01-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Happsmom, if you saw earlier all the kitties will be seeing our vet in 8 weeks! Everyone here is spayed or neutered but the Dad was masquerading as a girl (undescended testicles) so the 3 "girls" were kept together until they were the weight needed for the surgery! Dad is now neutered and Lilly was already pregnant so we are keeping them all and will neuter everyone!

Happsmom
01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks for your great care! We need more responsible people like you in this world! Love to your new babies, and I hope they all thrive happily! It simply warms my heart to see things like this , especially after a really bad day at the shelter......that place has taken almost more tears from me than I can bear. People like you make it all worthwhile.

Taz_Zoee
01-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Ok Kym,
I must have missed somewhere that you had 5 cats!!! I guess I was just so focused on Goofy. My apologies. :p
Congrats to you and the rest of the, now larger, family!! :D
It will be so fun to watch these little guys grow up!! I miss having a kitten. So you must share lots of stories and pictures, please!! ;)

DrKym
01-13-2007, 10:22 PM
LOL Cindy! yes we have 5 grown ups, and 4 babies now and 3 dogs and 3 snakes and guinea pigs and birds and rats. I am thinking of charging my sons friends admission to come over :rolleyes:

We are classified I guess as animal lovers.however..........unless the next animal to come through has a job and is willing to walk or clean cages, they arent staying. Which reminds me where is Mario??????....................... ;)

rg_girlca
01-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Oh my, how adorable to see wee widdle babies again. I know your are going to enjoy watching them on a daily basis and see the changes that they go through. TOO DARN ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Wow, I didn't know that you had a zoo at your home. :eek: ;)

Looking forward in watching these wee ones grow up. :D

Taz_Zoee
01-14-2007, 12:00 AM
LOL Cindy! yes we have 5 grown ups, and 4 babies now and 3 dogs and 3 snakes and guinea pigs and birds and rats. I am thinking of charging my sons friends admission to come over :rolleyes:

We are classified I guess as animal lovers.however..........unless the next animal to come through has a job and is willing to walk or clean cages, they arent staying. Which reminds me where is Mario??????....................... ;)

WOW!! Then I think you can get plenty of practice on your photography skills so we can see all of these wonderful animals you live with!! :D

Happsmom
01-14-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm new, so would someone please tell me what it means to be "frosted"? Thanks! :confused:

catmandu
01-14-2007, 05:21 PM
My Big Smoke Angel Has Taken It Upon Herself To Be The Guardian Angel Of That Momma Cat, And Her Four Babies.
Shes Got A Big Heart, And Will Bring Them Treats From The Buffets Of The World Where The Pet Angels Roam.
Shes So Proud That Theres A Little Smoke.

cassiesmom
01-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Dr. G., how are Lilly and lil' Smoke and the girls doing?

momcat
01-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Concatulations on sharing your home with the purrfect new kitty family! The babies are adorable and Mommycat appears to be taking her new role quite seriously. Please keep the baby pictures coming?

DrKym
01-17-2007, 09:02 PM
As Promised new pics!

Yes the poor things are being mothered by mama Lilly and the Dobies, wonder if that will cause Identity issues??? :p

Catty1
01-17-2007, 09:48 PM
AWWWWW!!!! SQUEEEAAALLL! SO SWEET! and how great that mom cat trusts you to handle them...

And the dobie - just wants to mother them? Does he/she know they are young cats?

Thanks for the pics!

critter crazy
01-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Awww.....they are way to cute!! how sweet the dobies being mommies like that!!:D

DrKym
01-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Candace, Rusty knows they are kitties he was present at the birth, Lilly is his special bud! He was a mama in a previous life we are sure!

I don't know if Quoia knows what they are but tiny! they squeal so they MUST need her! (she has had pups before she was given up by her family to rescue)

As for the poor kittens, I have no idea what they will think they are? Dobercats? Caterdobies? I do know they will know they are loved! :)

Happsmom
01-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Oh, are they all ever CUTIE-PATOOTIES! Hey, how about " Doberman Catschers"? (hee hee)

Vermontcat
01-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Dr Goodnow, those pictures are so cute!
I like the way the Dobies are helping out with the little ones. :)

Welcome to Pet Talk, Happsmom! :)
You asked about being frosted, you need to go check your private messages.
It's nice to see another Pet Talker from Vermont here.
I would love to hear more about your cats and see some pictures of them if you have any.

cassiesmom
01-18-2007, 08:53 PM
As Promised new pics!

Yes the poor things are being mothered by mama Lilly and the Dobies, wonder if that will cause Identity issues??? :p

The one on the far right is sweet! Especially since the quads' birthday and Sequoia's official Gotcha Day are so close together.

cassiesmom
01-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Dr. G., how are Lilly and lil' Smoke and the girls doing?

I like Baby Smoke better than Little Smoke. Makes him sound less like a snack food...

DrKym
01-19-2007, 12:40 PM
ROFLMBO!!! less like a snack food! It is much more likely, that these kittens will make short order of the poor Dobies!

I think for now we will call him Young Smoke! as anytime I use the word baby around Rusty he tries to sit on things, a command gone awry! (we were trying to get him to cop a clue about lying down when my step son or grandson were around as the are boht small and easily knocked over :rolleyes: so he sits on them and cleans them instead*sigh* ) :)

Lilly btw sends purrs and headbumpies to all that fawned over her babies!(she loves being adored! prissy girl ;) )

DrKym
02-04-2007, 12:29 PM
As you will all see, the Quads are down to Three :(

Although we are saddened, the tiny Tabby was best off PTS, his little body was too small to handle the surgery needed for a abdominal closure internally. (his intestinal wall didn't close completely while in utero.)

Here are the pics of the Fab 3!

Catty1
02-04-2007, 01:47 PM
So sorry to hear about Tabby...he needed emergency surgery and was too tiny...poor widdle one.

Glad to see the Three are hale and hearty! CUTE!

DrKym
02-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Hope you all enjoy and sorry about the icky quality they kept moving LOL

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Precious Attack ... Lol.. How Precious!!!!!!

Dorothy39
02-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Oh Lordy, those kitties look soooo darned precious Dr . G!!

I liked the Mosh Pit of Kitties, with Orange County Choppers in the background!!!(or, is that a Cat Pile?)

I'm so sorry too, about that little Tabby~ :(

DrKym
02-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Lilly says thank you very much Dorothy!

and Adrian says you can borrow his shirt anytime! LOL

rg_girlca
02-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh gosh, how sad for the widdle tabby one. I'm so sorry.
R.I.P. Little one.

Isn't it so much fun to watch them when then start trying to explore around. :)
Take plenty of pictures because they grow up way too fast.

momcat
02-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Ohhhhh, they are just too ADORABLE!!! That's so sad about the poor little tabby. I'm sure Gary has arranged for the angels to watch out for the little one. How is Lily adjusting to being Mama?

DrKym
02-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Lilly is actually a very good mom, which since she was hand reared with her sibs is wonderful. She has plenty of help from the dobies (see the earlier pics and on the dog threads). She was a bit off for 2 days after the vet visit with her and the kits, she went with 4 came home with 3. My saving grace there is now she just dislikes Dr P. more and not me ;) .

catmandu
02-04-2007, 06:30 PM
That Little Tabby Is Now Being Raised By The Cat Angel Mother Cats And Because His Life Was Cut Short He Will Get That Much More Fun And Adventure With The Pet Angel Army As They Travel The World Looking For Adventure.
And That Little One Will Be Your Kitten Angel When You Meet Again In Pet Paradise.
One Fine Day.

cassiesmom
02-04-2007, 08:04 PM
They are growing!

catfamily
02-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Beautiful little baby kittys :) They are adorable.And the mom is stunning :)
I'm sorry for the loss of the baby Tabby though :( That's so sad.

DrKym
02-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Thank you all! here are a few new pics of Lilly and her twin sis Iris, these were taken this evening. :)

catfamily
02-05-2007, 03:46 AM
Thank you all! here are a few new pics of Lilly and her twin sis Iris, these were taken this evening. :)
They are theee most stunning ladies.And Twins even :) Beautiful.

DrKym
02-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Thank you so much catfamily! Our Grey ladies are quite stunning we think! As you can see they are both Daddies girls!(mostly cause he shares anything off his plate!) I would really love to get a pic of the 5 adults together, but it always turns into a play session and no one will sit still! :rolleyes:

Lilly the Grey and Iris the Green send their thanks as they are both divas and love to be fawned over.Especially if that involves belly rubs!

Iris said to tell you that your guy is very handsome! :) (Lilly thinks so too but is pledged to John Hancock of catmandu fame :eek: )