PDA

View Full Version : AKC bloodline info?

coco-bean
01-11-2007, 05:55 PM
I have been wanting to see the ancestory of my pups...color parents and so on! Is there a way i can get on the AKC website and type in their numbers and names and look at their info?

DrKym
01-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Not without paying for the pedigree hun :( ( but go look in cat general for the news you asked me about HEHE)

Love That Collie
01-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Coco bean, do you know the AKC registered name of your pups parents?
Are either of them Champions? If so you can Google the name. That's how I got pictures of Bailey and Chloe's grandparents, great grandparents, gg grandparents back 7 generations. Although I was provided with an extensive pedigree of many generations back I wanted to see the grandparents and so on genertations back as I had the breeders pics of the parents and all of their siblings/littermates.

agilityk9trainer
01-11-2007, 08:35 PM
You can get some information for free. The following computer info. may not be exact. Go to akc.org. Go to the store. You will have to register. No biggie. After registering, click on awards and points. You may have to click on awards and points again. Then, you can click on the "search for a new dog." Here you put in the registered names of any of your dog's ancestors. If that dog has any titles, points or qualifying scored in performance events, it will show - for free. It only goes back to 1980, and the detailed report doesn't go back even that far.

However, if you want to know the pedigree, you will have to pay. Again, go to akc.org and go into the store. Look for the stuff about getting a pedigree. I think you have several choices you can choose from. The more ancestors, the more expensive.

You should have a pedigree with yuur AKC papers. I think the three generation pedigree comes with registration. This is stuff you always want to keep for future reference.

Doing a Google search is also good, except you may not find your dog's ancestors listed. Some of my dog's ancestors are on the net and some are not.

coco-bean
01-11-2007, 09:23 PM
i do know their parents registered name...i have all the papers here in front of me...im gonna go try and look the little bit up for free! Too bad that u have to pay for it though :(

wolfsoul
01-11-2007, 10:42 PM
My breed has some very extensive pedigree websites. Perhaps if you type in the names of your dogs' parents in google, a lab pedigree site will pop up? Or information on the dogs?