PDA

View Full Version : Cat Stuck in Doggy Door!

elizabethann
01-11-2007, 02:20 PM
My God...will you look at the size of this cat? I love his nickname though....

http://www.wmur.com/family/10722750/detail.html#

GreyhoundGirl
01-11-2007, 02:47 PM
:eek: Don't need to enlarge that photo any. :p

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I saw that on the news this morning. I think he is so cute though. I hope they find him a loving home!!!

critter crazy
01-11-2007, 03:04 PM
My god!! that is one huge cat!!!!!!!:eek:

Freckles
01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
http://www.oregonhumane.org/news/Cat_Burglar_Reunited.htm

Here's the latest. :)

smokey the elder
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
He's FIV positive, too. This shows that FIV+ cats aren't wasting away by any means!

RedHedd
01-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Aww! I love happy endings! He sure is one hunka-hunka kitty aptly named too! Welcome back home, Hercules! :D

Kalei
01-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Holy Cow!! :eek: I don't think I've ever seen such a big cat, its head is even bigger than the woman's. but I bet that cat would be so cuddly to hold on to:)

lvpets2002
01-11-2007, 04:31 PM
;) Oh yes I got a big kick out of this story too.. Had to show everybody here at work the video.. I hope he get a very good home..

catmandu
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow!
Thats one Huge Cat.
I thought Cat Zilla was big, she has to be in the 20 pound range as well.
Goliath certainly is an apt name.
I would certainly feed this Porchie.
That reminds me of the Cat I once had Smoke who was about 16 pounds.
There was hell to pay when she snuck into the neighbors house at Thanksgiving Day, and stole thier turkey leg.
Cost me 5 dollars.
Shes an Angel now and LOVES the All You Can Eat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/Scan10038.jpg

catmandu
01-11-2007, 05:12 PM
A Huge Older Cat who used to live in a Tire Shop with a litter box that was never cleaned, and where she ate only human food.
Shw was a Found Cat from mid 1998 to early 2001.
Not a clean Cat she had to be taught the litter box, and she had mistakes so she spent time in the basement.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/Scan10038.jpg
That room is messy, sorry.
My only Photo of her.
The Other Cats kept thier distance as she had a mean right paw.
I remember her getting out of the house and crying all day after I left for work to get back in.
And the time she cost me 5 dollars by stealing the neighbors drum stick at Thanksgiving Day.
Walked in grabbed it , growled and ran out.
LOL!!!
Saved me one time when a Dog got on my lawn.
He barked, she gowled and charged, he ran for cover!!!
RIP Smoke, please enjoy the Buffets.

QueenScoopalot
01-11-2007, 06:08 PM
I saw this on the news tonight. Cute cat that's in DIRE NEED OF NEUTERING! No wonder he's got such jowls, and is FIV+. :rolleyes:

Lizzie
01-11-2007, 07:53 PM
He hadn't been neutered? I didn't see that. Lots of fights, that's bad news for the cats he bit. I thought he'd just developed the big head first, then been fixed, like my Tom. He certainly looks like a Mr. Personality+

It's very true that FIV+ cats are no fragile flowers. Mine nearly kill me when I have to pick them up, and Dagda must weight nearly 20 pounds (he weighed even more when I adopted him). I'm glad the shelter said something about "no reason not to adopt FIV+ cats". People need to keep hearing this.

The woman who found Hercules must have been torn between laughter and concern when she found him stuck in the door. He would have been yowling like crazy.

elizabethann
01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
http://www.oregonhumane.org/news/Cat_Burglar_Reunited.htm

Here's the latest. :)

Thanks for the update. This cat should be in commercials - for low fat cat food. :D

CultureJunky
01-12-2007, 05:10 AM
Well I certainly hope if his owner takes him home he'll get him on a diet and neutered!! He is one huge guy, but i bet oh so cuddly :)

AbbyMom
01-12-2007, 06:50 AM
And I bet he sleeps...anywhere wants to! Sir cat!

QueenScoopalot
01-12-2007, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Lizzie]He hadn't been neutered? I didn't see that. Lots of fights, that's bad news for the cats he bit. I thought he'd just developed the big head first, then been fixed, like my Tom. He certainly looks like a Mr. Personality+
QUOTE]
I saw some mighty large batonga-wongas under this guys tail when he was on the news. :eek: I wonder if the shelter neutered him before releasing him? I somehow doubt it. :rolleyes: I'd sure love to hug that hunk of a cat though. ;)

lvpets2002
01-12-2007, 11:48 AM
:) I was wondering that too.. I read this morning that the owner came & claimed him back.. So I will bet the shelter did not do a fix job due to the cat already had a owner..

cassiesmom
01-12-2007, 02:49 PM
And it was a Polish lady who rescued him and of course, fed him :) - I'm Polish and I'd do the same thing!

Missing Tabby Returned to Owner
By Associated Press

January 12, 2007, 10:59 AM CST

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A 20-pound cat whose girth got him stuck in a pet door while trying to plunder some dog food was reunited with his owner Thursday.

Owner Geoff Ernest said the tubby tabby, Hercules, went missing while he was in Seattle for a lung transplant six months ago.

Jadwiga Drozdek, who lives in suburban Portland, found the feline stuck in the dog door of her home a few days ago, helped free him and gave him a plate of food on her patio.

While at the Humane Society, Hercules was diagnosed with Feline Immunodeficiency Virus, similar to HIV in humans.

The society says cats can live years with the virus and still make good pets, but owners should keep them indoors to keep it from spreading.

Veterinarians say about 40 percent of America's cats are obese, putting them at risk for a variety of diabetes-related disorders.

Hercules, meanwhile, has had his 15 minutes of fame, piling up stacks of hits on YouTube and other Web sites.
Copyright © 2007, The Associated Press

Lobodeb
01-12-2007, 04:14 PM
I saw some mighty large batonga-wongas under this guys tail when he was on the news.

LMAO!!!! Batonga-wongas?? I've never heard them referred to as that before. Mind if I use use the term?

OMG!! I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard.

Isn't one of the symptoms of FIV+ being exceptionally large? People always ask me if Sammy is FIV+ because of his size.

catmandu
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
My Little Second Cousin Alicia used to refer to her then unneutered Cat Mr Whiskers and His Pom Poms.
Sis Boo Bah!
Rah Rah Rah!!!

QueenScoopalot
01-12-2007, 06:14 PM
LMAO!!!! Batonga-wongas?? I've never heard them referred to as that before. Mind if I use use the term?

OMG!! I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard.

Isn't one of the symptoms of FIV+ being exceptionally large? People always ask me if Sammy is FIV+ because of his size.
By all means enjoy & use freely! It's one of a few terms I added into the "Furminology Dictionary"...along with "POOF", and I forget the others.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=59839
I'll have to try to find the song that RICHARD composed..that's a riot! "The Batonga-Wonga Blues" and I can't find it! :(
I don't think FIV+ cats are any larger than non-FIV cats, but it's almost always large fully grown adult and unaltered toms that transmit it. How old was Sammy when you got him? The jowls do soften over time, but never really look small! Plenty of time to brawl and party over all those unspayed girls out there. :eek: