PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience With Ebay Motors?

Twisterdog
01-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Just wondering if any of have purchased a car through Ebay Motors?

We live in a very isolated area, and the cars my soon-to-be sixteen year old son are interested in just aren't available here. He wants a little tuner car ... a Civic, Jetta, CRX, etc. with the body kit. We live in the heart of big Dodge/Ford truck country. :rolleyes:

I have found a few cars he loves on Ebay motors, but I'm a little nervous about bidding. I'll probably end up doing it, seems I have few other options.

Just wondering if anyone has ever done this, and how it turned out.

BTW ... anyone live in New Hope, Pennsylvania and want to look at a car for me? LOL ;)

lvpets2002
01-11-2007, 09:26 AM
:) No not me personally But I have freinds that have bought vehicles && all was good & went well.. I have heard people that have bought Big Jets too.. Now me I know E-Bay and have bankrolled myself with house & cat stuff..

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-11-2007, 09:33 AM
I have a friend that sold her car on ebay.. but i don't know anyone that has ever bought one on ebay before..

GOOD LUCK!

jazzcat
01-11-2007, 11:53 AM
My father in law bought an antique car back this spring and the deal went bad. He won the auction, drove from TN to PA where the seller was and met him somewhere where he paid the man the $500 deposit in cash right then (he was suppose to pay it as soon as the auction ended but he doesn't have a paypal account so the man agreed to wait till he got there). Then they drove to the man's house where the car was where my FIL was suppose pay the rest. The car was in horrible shape, nothing like described in the auction. He even thinks the pictures used in the auction were altered to hide all the rust and damage. My FIL refused to buy the car and asked for the $500 back. The seller refused and said it stated in the auction the deposit was non-refundable. My father was out the $500 plus all the time and gas it took to drive up there and back. Luckily he had a family member with a trailer so he didn't have to rent that but they did drag it all the way up there.

My FIL is now anti anything ebay but I tried to tell him he went wrong giving the man cash. Had he used PayPal he could have probably gotten it back because the seller misrepresented the car.

Hopefully this is not a typical ebay motors experience but I probably wouldn't buy a car that way.

elizabethann
01-11-2007, 12:27 PM
My BIL bought a Mustang Convertible from Ebay. He picked it up on Mass. All went well & he still has the car.

Good luck.

Twisterdog
01-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks. I'm still not sure. I'll probably just keep staring at the page, undecided, until the auction is over. Story of my life. LOL