PDA

View Full Version : A couple good vibes for my Little Dog, please? :)

Sevaede
01-10-2007, 11:36 PM
My mom called me today to give me a report on Little Dogs latest vet visit.

Just for a little background info... A while after my ferret passed away, my parents decided to look for a dog to bring into our (mostly mine ;) ) lives. So we listened when people told us about this dog they knew of, etc. Everything ended up falling through.

Then, one day, my uncle came and told them how his best friends mom, a Yorkshire Terrier breeder, was looking to rehome a dog (Yorkshire Terrier) she had recently rescued from a puppy mill (was bred from her first heat until about 5.5 years old, consistently) as she didn't feel that her home was quite the environment Kia (Robins name for her) needed. As in, she felt that LD needed a quieter environment with no puppies. They talked back and forth and agreed to bring her into the home. Robin brought her over, one day, and ever since Little Dog and I were melded at the hip. We slept and ate and hung out together. My parents were so in love with her that they never let me bring her with me when I left home.

That being said...

Little Dog has had a plethora of problems. She has several eye medications to be applied and eye washings, daily, but *still* manages to get eye crusties that glue her eyes shut overnight once in a while (and it's off PROMPTLY to the vet as soon as the doors open). She has had several seizures and continues to have problems with her teeth. Little Dog had to have five teeth pulled and some spaces filled. It ended up being so worrisome that my mom had to tell the vets and their techs to not let ANYTHING happen to my Little Dog, do whatever they needed to save her, she's our baby, etc. It's not something that wouldn't have been said *anyways* it's just that Little Dog is getting so fragile that it *has* to be said. :(

We've been talking about this for some time and the vet has agreed. It looks like, eventually, all of her teeth will be pulled and she will have to be on canned food for the rest of her life. This may or may not come soon or later, it's not really for sure. She's going to be eight this year and I fear that she may not have many years left. Especially with the seizures. She is my heart dog and I will be devastated when she's gone. :(

Good vibes and thoughts for Little Dog feeling better soon are much appreciated! :)