PDA

View Full Version : law changes to big game hunting of lions

yorkster
06-21-2002, 02:08 AM
Big game hunters are close to having laws passed to make it easier for them to hunt lions. Their plan is to put the bait AND the lions in a small enclosed area.
It's sickening.........but here is an article about it and some other info:

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/NorthernProvince/0,1113,2-7-834_1201590,00.html

moosmom
06-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Yorkster,

I don't think I can bear to read the article. If they can come up with games for men such as "paintball wars", why can't they invent something that would make them feel like a man by shooting a "paintball lion"??? Not only would it save those big cat's lives, but it would also be alot more humane and it would let the guys release their aggression in a kind way.

Boy, do I have something here or what??? Hmmm, I'm definitely in the wrong business. :p

My one question is, why do they have to make it easier to hunt lions to begin with?? :mad: :mad:

Donna

yorkster
06-21-2002, 10:12 PM
That's a good question Moosmom, and I don't know the answer :confused: I don't even know why people want to hunt in the first place....................and THIS type of hunting does not even seem like hunting! When the poor lion is enclosed in a small area, the hunter does not even have to do anything :mad: