PDA

View Full Version : Toe Hair

zippy-kat
01-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Alright, fess up! :D Who has it, who doesn't?

And for those thinking "She's really gone off the deep end now!" I'm talking about the -l o n g- hairs between the paw pads. Ex.:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/kcee_02.jpg

So, who has it and, if you have it, do you keep it or trim it?

(Poll allows for multiple selections.)

lbaker
01-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Oh lordy, the first thing I did was check out my own toes :eek: :o Then I read "hair between the toes" and went EWWWWW!!! TONYA!!!! :D The cats just do a little but my dogs ALL do. Just ask Mayor Karen about Badgers big ol' fluff ball toes ;)

critter crazy
01-10-2007, 03:31 PM
The only critter in my house that has this is our new addition Rocky. I have already trimmed his. Less muddy footprints!!:D

zippy-kat
01-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Sorry - finally got the poll options up and working! :D

Vote away!

GreyhoundGirl
01-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I thought you ment us. I'm like "NO! Why do you ask, do most people?" :eek:

Jeny doesn't well, she does, but her fur is so short it doesn't stick out the bottom, but it is there if you pull the toes apart. :p

wolflady
01-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Ha ha ha...the title of this thread made me giggle.

Only Sergei, my orangie, has the long toe hair. It's so annoyingly cute! I keep it as is...no trimming here! ;)

**hugs**

cali
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Happy, Lecky, and Blair have toe hair and I keep it cut, towhair drives me nutty lol

kittycats_delight
01-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Only Vixen has toe hair and I love it. it is so cute and I love picking and tugging gently on it. hehehehe

buttercup132
01-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Hank and Thunder have it , I can't stand it . To me it seems scruffy and tacky so they both get it trimmed off. It also helps dog (don't know if it applies to cats too) keep friction better on slippery (tile/hardwood) flooring.

Pam
01-10-2007, 05:29 PM
If you have a poodle you have toe hair!! It is mandatory that it be clipped (not even a suggestion of a maybe) about once every four weeks. When I first got Ripley you couldn't even see that he had toes. :eek: My kitties fortunately don't have toe hair. Their hair knows when to stop growing. :p

BitsyNaceyDog
01-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Of my dogs Bitsy has a lot of toe hair and I trim it. Nova also has a little but I don't trim hers. Of my cats only Raisin has toe hair and I don't trim it.

Kfamr
01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Moo has toe hair and I cannot stand it. I have been keeping them trimmed.

The other three don't have long toe hair.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Tango gets what a refer to as "fuzzy feet", but I guess it's the same as toe hair. I trim it about once every two weeks - in between her toes, and the bottom of her pads. I don't at all like the appearance of fuzzy feet on a dog (especially my own) and trimming them not only makes her look tidier, but also makes it easier to trim nails and prevents her from getting ice balls stuck. I'm the same way with longhaired dogs' ears - I always keep them trimmed and tidy.

Morgan's hair gets a bit long on the bottoms of her pads, so when I trim Tango's, I also trim hers. She doesn't get it in between her toes though.

Chilli
01-10-2007, 06:39 PM
None of our cats(nor dogs for that matter) have toe hair long enough to stick through.
Though I do believe that if it was on a cat, I probably wouldn't trim it. I think furry kitty paws are cute! n_n And none of the cats go outside, so I wouldn't have to worry about it getting too dirty at all.

Danegirl2208
01-10-2007, 06:48 PM
my dogs both have short hair so its not an issue :)

Husky15
01-10-2007, 07:23 PM
CC has it. I like the look of trimmed better, but I've never trimmed his. Don't know why.

IRescue452
01-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh yeah, Autumn has the longest hair on her feet. Sticks up in between the webbing and also below inbetween her paw pads. I trim it all the time.

Twisterdog
01-10-2007, 11:26 PM
LMAO! I thought, "OMG, that's the grossest topic for a poll I've ever seen!"

No toe hair here - we have all slick coated dogs with no long hairs.

None on the people either! ;)

wolf_Q
01-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes the dogs get long fur on their feet, but it is kept trimmed. "Fuzzy feet" drive me nuts, I'm rather obsessive about the feet looking neatly trimmed. Plus it helps immensly when cleaning up muddy paws, less fur=less mud.

Pam
01-11-2007, 05:59 AM
None on the people either! ;)

LOL! LOL!

When my son first met his ex-wife she had a pekingese and he had lots of toe hair. :) It grew so long in the front that it looked like he had little elf feet. :) She never trimmed it but then again she hardly ever cut his nails. They were awful. Now that's another whole topic and I'd better not get started. :p

Twisterdog
01-11-2007, 09:06 AM
It grew so long in the front that it looked like he had little elf feet. :)

We call that "Grinch Feet". LOL

chocolatepuppy
01-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Sassy, Missy and Lacey don't have toe hair. Layla does but I have not trimmed it yet ,
it's not that bad, but I will trim it. ;)

lizbud
01-12-2007, 11:44 AM
The dogs do not and the only cat that does is Redbud.My orange boy. :)
I've always loved his little fuzzy feet & would never trim it.He's perfect the
way he is. :)

Suki Wingy
01-13-2007, 06:50 PM
um.... *averts eyes*

lute
01-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Gracie and Beanie have toe hair. I trim it up when I groom them. Charlie doesn't/ He's got short hair.

king2005
02-09-2007, 11:41 AM
I had to select most of those options, except for the cat one lol

Lilly has toe hair as shes a trantula lol

Chad is a fur ball to the point that I shave a lot of his body :eek: I blame the italian in him lol Whats funnier, is that I use dog clippers on him hahaha

Shhhh hes sensitive about his hair (reason why I shave it for him).. He is so happy after I shave him.. Shaving his sides is really hard, as hes ticklish, so I have to sit on him & fight with him... Reminds me of shaving some dogs ;) :p :D

Vette
02-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I call the fuz on my dogs feet(top side of the toes an bottom) 'slippers' :)
i at first trimmed them just for fun an though he looked more cute slipperless,,
an have been trimming them ever since...

i havent had any cats with slippers before though

sandragonfly
02-09-2007, 02:45 PM
quoted by kfamr

why cannot you stand it? I thought they are cute!!

cats, ...hmm, *counting* .. three of my ten cats have hairy paws, and I keep them - I at least still can smack their pink/black toes when they are being too cute.

crayola gets hairy paws but they must be trimmed, aka professional looking service dog. :( oh well. :)

cassiesmom
02-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Cassie Cat has toe tufts. I love them!

In college I dated a guy who had toe tufts. I made him depilate them during sandal season.

Kfamr
02-09-2007, 10:21 PM
quoted by kfamr

why cannot you stand it? I thought they are cute!!

cats, ...hmm, *counting* .. three of my ten cats have hairy paws, and I keep them - I at least still can smack their pink/black toes when they are being too cute.

crayola gets hairy paws but they must be trimmed, aka professional looking service dog. :( oh well. :)

Numerous reasons. I don't like the look of it, they get muddy 10x's faster/worse, they cause him to slip and slide all over the tile, etc. I prefer the neatly, nicely trimmed paws.