PDA

View Full Version : What is your least favorite chore?

sumbirdy
01-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Mine is dusting. I hate it. And since we live on a dirt road we have to dust all the time. I don't mind washing dishes, or doing laundry or anything like that I just hate to dust.

What is your least favorite chore?

critter crazy
01-10-2007, 03:17 PM
hmm...I ahve so many i dont knw where to start!!:D

I hate doing dishes
I hate doing Laundry
I hate Dusting
i think that will do for now.;)

elizabethann
01-10-2007, 03:21 PM
laundry.....and dishes (close 2nd).

GreyhoundGirl
01-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I HATE! :
vaccuming
dusting
cleaning
picking things up (like laundry on my floor!)
Cleaning my room (-_-)
PICKING UP DOG POOP! :rolleyes: (not that Jenny poos much, actually quite little, considering her sixe... getting off topic here... :o the topic is now POOP)
moping/swiffer wet Jeting
cleaning windows (I use windex, but don't worry about birds because I never do a good job.)

these are OK:
dishes
laundry

Theses are much prefered:
Shoveling massive amounts of snow! :D
Raking leaves
Cleaning the pool (very fun, I always swim while I clean it and I always make it suction on my toes :o It feels like a massage!)

I could go on forever. And I should, because if I don't my mom will probably make me do one of the aboved mentioned.

mugsy
01-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Do I have to choose??? It's easier to list what I don't mind...that would be laundry....ummmm....that's about it. ;) :)

petslover
01-10-2007, 05:10 PM
My least favorite chore is washing dishes.. I hate it. It just bores me and it seems like its constant washing.

Argranade
01-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Anything besides being on the computer & being with nature and animals,

LOL :D

caseysmom
01-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Probably grocery shopping and putting the groceries away.

Zippy
01-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Cooking I hate to cook manly becasue I can't very well. :o
I love doing all chores that have to do with my pets(cleaning the litter,cleaning the tanks,cleaning the deco of tanks,ect...).I really don't call those chores. ;) Helping out with my moms pets too is fun.

borzoimom
01-10-2007, 05:32 PM
DUSTING... I swear it makes me crazy- we have a wood stove, and although great - it produces dust- I have a ton of glasswares, and this makes me crazy... I WANT A SWIFTER for Christmas, but no one took me serious.. uh huh... yes it was!

BitsyNaceyDog
01-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Cleaning the shower is the only thing I really don't like doing.

Kfamr
01-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Dishes.

I don't mind if there is a dishwasher, however, at work we don't have one. We do them all by hand. And it's gross! I hate all the food particals in the water and such. Makes me feel so dirty sticking my hands in there!

mike001
01-10-2007, 05:56 PM
I hate dusting, yes our fireplace creates dust. And I hate unpacking groceries.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Can I choose all of them?

It used to be dishes but now that we have a dishwasher I don't mind them that much. I guess my least favorite thing to do is sort through all the mail/papers we have lying around. Seems like there's always something no matter how much we clean.

Chilli
01-10-2007, 06:43 PM
The only thing I seriously don't like is cleaning the sunroom. Thats where most all of the dogs & cats spend most of their day.. and its always so hairy. >__>

Other than that.. I don't like cleaning up bird feathers. They tend to end up flying everywhere. x_x

Other than that, I'm pretty much a complaint-free cleaner! :D

Sevaede
01-10-2007, 08:42 PM
LAUNDRY.

Washing and drying doesn't bother me. Folding and putting away is what I dislike the most about that chore. One of the reasons is because I usually find a stray sock somewhere after I've done all the laundry. XD :D

AbbyMom
01-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Paying the bills. Give me the dishes and laundry any day over writing checks.

luvofallhorses
01-10-2007, 10:59 PM
cleaning the bathroom. :rolleyes:

Twisterdog
01-10-2007, 11:12 PM
I actually like to clean house for the most part. The only thing I really hate is sweeping, and especially mopping, the floor.

I wouldn't mind so much if it stayed clean for even a little while ... but with eight dogs and a dog door ... there's no hope!

DrKym
01-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Shopping for necessities! groceries, socks , shoes fo rthe kids etc.
followed by cleaning the icebox :(

I don't mind the rest but I do pass it off onto the kids.............Capitalistic society here, they want money.I want a clean house.......... :D

caseysmom
01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Oh my gosh you reminded me dr.goodnow....cleaning the refrigerator! Thats the absolute worst....I would rather clean a toilet.

jazzcat
01-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Ironing
Followed closely by mopping
Not too far in third is cooking. I love to bake sweets when the mood hits me but cooking dinner, forget it. Hate it!

kimlovescats
01-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Cleaning the toilet and around it on the floor! YUCK!!!!

2nd would be emptying the dishwasher. I would rather wash and load any day than unload it .... strange isn't it? :rolleyes:

jackmilliesmom
01-11-2007, 05:57 AM
I hate to iron clothes but I do not mind much else my favourite is to cook I love trying out new things my newest personal recipe is to cook some skinless chicken breasts in 1/2 pint water with a stock cube, chopped onion, peppers (not hot) garlic cloves (2 crushed) and some chili powder and let it cook in the oven for about 40 - 45 mins and when it has completed and the chicken breasts are cooked remove them from the stock and blend together it gives a nice sauce for the chicken and for those of you on weight watchers like me it is pretty low in points it is only the points for the chicken breast as the rest are zero points. Serve with plenty of steamed veg and let the flavours salsa on your tounge...

Rachel
01-11-2007, 10:16 AM
cleaning the refrigerator! Thats the absolute worst....I would rather clean a toilet.

Yup, that's got to me mine too.

JackMilliesMom what temperature do you put the oven at for that chicken? Sounds like a recipe even I might try.

.sarah
01-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Doing the dishes is my least favorite, by far.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Ironing.........no, vacuuming.........no, cleaning the bathrooms.........no, gardening............. oh what the heck! I hate it all!! lol :D

catnapper
01-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Kitchen. I hate anything to do with it. Whether its soaking a pot or cleaning out the fridge, or wiping down surfaces. I hate it all. Blech

Cataholic
01-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Folding and putting the clothes away. I hate that!

I really don't mind anything else. I rarely dust, mop or iron...so, maybe that is my problem. If I actually did these things, maybe I would hate them also. :o

Sirrahsim
01-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I agree with catnapper :) I HATE anything to do with cleaning the kitchen. At our old house we would let the dishes pile up until we ran out before either of us would work up the courage to attack them. Unfortunately now that we live in the south we can't do that :( We have left dishes out on 2 occasions and on both occasions we were greeted with a fat ugly cockroach the next morning. Boomer is good at getting rid of them but we sure don't want to have to bug bomb every couple of weeks!!!

Anyone want to fly down here and be my maid?? :p :rolleyes:

lizbud
01-11-2007, 12:15 PM
My absolute worst chore is mopping floors. Nothing else bothers me about
house work.

Cinder & Smoke
01-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Folding and putting the clothes away. I hate that!

I rarely dust, mop or iron...so, maybe that is my problem. :o

:D
<snikker>

Houswork is Eeezie - if you don't DO any of it! :p

I pulled the Rug-Sukker out of it's parking spot in the closet the other day ...
(Kat Litter tracks were getting getting a bit deep in the hall ...)
and the Dawgs acted like they'd never *seen* it before. :rolleyes:

They DID remember to run when it *started* ... but the initial sighting was
as if it were a long forgotten fuzzy memory.

popcornbird
01-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I agree with Johanna. Folding and putting the clothes away... :( ...I ALWAYS lag behind on that because I hate doing it, and delay it till the last moment.

Overall, I like cleaning the house, and love keeping things clean. I get annoying with washing the dishes when I don't feel like doing it, but its not nearly as bad as folding/ironing/putting the clothes away. I don't know why I hate it so much. Right now, I have an iron stand, full of clean/washed clothes, and a laundry basket, also full of clean/washed clothes. I was supposed to put them away 3 days ago, but they're still sitting there. I wonder if I'll even get it done today. :o Sometimes I feel like getting rid of all our clothes...and just keeping enough for one week. Then when I'd wash clothes, I wouldn't have so many to put away. :o

slick
01-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I hate housework of any kind. That's why I have a housecleaner who comes twice a month. In between I do my best to keep the place looking tidy.

Folding clothes...no problem for me. All my clothes are wash and wear so I don't even need to bring out the iron.

I do like a clean kitchen and don't mind keeping it clean on a daily basis. When I cook, I clean up as I go along so there is rarely a bunch of dishes in the sink.

Cookiebaker
01-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Sometimes I feel like getting rid of all our clothes...and just keeping enough for one week. Then when I'd wash clothes, I wouldn't have so many to put away. :o

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I get so overwhelmed with laundry sometimes. Then I get caught up and feel GREAT about it, and 3 days later there is a huge pile again. :mad:

I used to iron all of Mark's work shirts/pants but since we got a good dryer, I have gotten lazy. I go and pull those right out, and hang them up, and no ironing needed. :D The rest of the load can stay for 2 or 3 days and get wrinkled and cold, but those get done first thing!!!

mruffruff
01-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Like Twisterdog, I hate doing floors. I have three dogs and a doggy door so it always seems to need to be done---even right after I've done it!

I try to put away "stuff" on a daily basis so I don't have piles laying around. I'd rather keep up than catch up.

Laundry is pretty easy when it's almost all wash and wear.

Felix
01-11-2007, 02:32 PM
I HATE cleaning the bathroom :eek:

Dorothy39
01-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh my gosh you reminded me dr.goodnow....cleaning the refrigerator! Thats the absolute worst....I would rather clean a toilet.
:D

Same here, I cleaned out our refrigerator today~ :o

I'd rather mop the floor with an old tooth brush!!! :D

Chica
01-11-2007, 08:56 PM
i Hate Taking Out The Trash!!!!! ;) ;)

anna_66
01-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Mopping the floor and cleaning the carpet!
It makes my back hurt :rolleyes:

My least favorite used to be washing the dishes, but since visiting Flylady.net (http://www.flylady.net/) now I don't mind it so much.

wolf_Q
01-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Without a doubt, mowing the lawn. I absolutely hate it, mostly because our yard is a hill and it is a big pain. Luckily I don't have to worry about that for a while as the yard is covered in snow.

joycenalex
01-12-2007, 09:10 AM
anna, what a great site! my least favorite chore is putting away the cleaned clothes. i'll scoop the litter pans twice today, i'll pick up the back yard, sweep the kitchen, swiffer the floors, clean the kitchen after dinner, but i hate hate hate putting the clean clothes away.

Lori Jordan
01-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Without a doubt, mowing the lawn. I absolutely hate it, mostly because our yard is a hill and it is a big pain. Luckily I don't have to worry about that for a while as the yard is covered in snow.
I actually enjoy it,lol i have a riding mower....Also the kids do not do it right lol.I let them do the back yard but the front is what everyone sees,So i take pride in it,My least favorite chore is Laundry only reason is i have to lug baskets up and down stairs,And with a big basket i cannot see and have tripped many times :o